Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Saints Reach Even Lower Lows...(Brad, don't read this.)

Reports are that the Saints now got busted for bugging the opposing coaches' box.
I had just heard about it on the radio and it sounded like it was something that was going on right up until the moment. I came in to take a look and see what I could find out, and it's pretty sketchy.
The radio report suggested that the investigation was being carried out by New Orleans P.D.
I expect this will blow up into something incredibly ugly in coming days. If there's any truth to it, it'll make Bill Belichek look like a choirboy, and the whole bounty drama pales by comparison.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys find out.
Just when I thought the Saints were incredibly stupid for letting the bounty program go public, and for not getting the best quarterback in football signed, they go and take the stupid to a level that I never thought they could even master.
Whodat say dey gdey gonna beat dem Saints??? Why, the Saints, of course.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Saints Reach Even Lower Lows...(Brad, don't read this.)

WOW!!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Sounds like the whole front office plus coaching staff needs to be canned if this is true.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Sounds like the whole front office plus coaching staff needs to be canned if this is true.
The article states this allegedly occurred during the 2000-2004 seasons.
Sean Payton didn't become coach until 2006.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

"This is 1,000 percent false," said Greg Bensel, Saints vice president of communications. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate."

I love quotes like this. 1000% man, 1000% I tell you!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

If this information is true, ban this clown from the NFL!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...hes-home-games

bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

More trouble in new Orleans...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

NOW THIS I can see definitely happening in other venues. In fact I am surprised this is the first time anyone ever
heard of such a thing. I often wonder if Alabama did it to LSU last year. I mean there's bugging and there is
an extra set of headsets that happen to be on the head of the wrong person. Who knows. Who cares. Won't be any
NFL for ME this year.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
NOW THIS I can see definitely happening in other venues. In fact I am surprised this is the first time anyone ever
heard of such a thing. I often wonder if Alabama did it to LSU last year. I mean there's bugging and there is
an extra set of headsets that happen to be on the head of the wrong person. Who knows. Who cares. Won't be any
NFL for ME this year.
LOL Give me a break, Brad. Worst justification EVER! "Everyone must be violating Federal and State statutes, so its ok for us!"
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
NFL for ME this year.
You weren't supposed to read this, my brother. It was in the title and everything!!!
I know you love your Saints, but if this pans out to be true, they easily replace New England as the biggest batch of dickheads to ever step on a football field.
As little as I think of professional sports and their complete lack of ethics in general, I do not think anyone out there, anywhere, ever, were so epically retarded that they'd break state and federal wiretapping laws to get a leg up on a football game.
I truly think this will turn out to be a hoax because it is beyond believable. The audacity isn't just improbable, it's impossible. But if it ends up being true, I can't imagine how Goodell can even allow this organization to continue to exist.
There's nothing Goodell could do to them that would remotely reach a fair punishment, short of erasing the franchise and their records from the books.
You're going to have to boycott anything that involves sneakers when they're done with the Saints this time.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
You weren't supposed to read this, my brother. It was in the title and everything!!!
I know you love your Saints, but if this pans out to be true, they easily replace New England as the biggest batch of dickheads to ever step on a football field.
As little as I think of professional sports and their complete lack of ethics in general, I do not think anyone out there, anywhere, ever, were so epically retarded that they'd break state and federal wiretapping laws to get a leg up on a football game.
I truly think this will turn out to be a hoax because it is beyond believable. The audacity isn't just improbable, it's impossible. But if it ends up being true, I can't imagine how Goodell can even allow this organization to continue to exist.
There's nothing Goodell could do to them that would remotely reach a fair punishment, short of erasing the franchise and their records from the books.
You're going to have to boycott anything that involves sneakers when they're done with the Saints this time.
Now, Brad...for sure don't read this!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Now, Brad...for sure don't read this!
I think Bradley is gonna get off the hook. This story has been morphing all day.
Quite frankly, I think we're just talking about an intercom between the booths and media is blowing it all out of proportion. It's smacks of impropriety that the switches were concealed beneath the desk, but it honestly makes sense. It's a good place for them, especially if you don't want an intercom box sitting on your desk.
I listened to Bobby Hebert on a talk show this morning. He came on there and said that there's absolutely no way that any information the Saints (might have) heard could have been used to their advantage during a game.
Apparently they've been this inane since clean back in '83. It astounds me that they think everyone else in the world as dim as them just because they want them to be. This whole story just gets more and more bizarre as it plays out.
Someone really needs to take the shovel away from the Saints.