Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #1441
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

I got a stupid noob question, how do you quote several posts in one post? I see it all the time, but not sure how to do it. I can quote one person, but not 2 or more unless I open another session and copy and paste it into the original.....any of this make sense?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #1442
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I got a stupid noob question, how do you quote several posts in one post? I see it all the time, but not sure how to do it. I can quote one person, but not 2 or more unless I open another session and copy and paste it into the original.....any of this make sense?
Click The " Box At The Bottom Right Of Each Individual Post, Then Click Quote.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #1443
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Click The " Box At The Bottom Right Of The Individual Post, Then Click Quote.
You Got It, Mickey?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #1444
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Like Greg said:
It's the little button with the plus sign on it. It will change colors letting you know that it is selected, when you have all the ones you want selected, hit the quote button on the last post you want quoted.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #1445
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You Got It, Mickey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Like Greg said:
It's the little button with the plus sign on it. It will change colors letting you know that it is selected, when you have all the ones you want selected, hit the quote button on the last post you want quoted.
Damn that was easy. I have been doing tabs and copying and pasting everything, hahaha.

<--------NOOB
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #1446
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
Damn that was easy. I have been doing tabs and copying and pasting everything, hahaha.

<--------NOOB
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #1447
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Quick question, I know they are cheap and relatively easy to replace, but do boveda humidipaks continue to perform well if they are "recharged" by adding a few drops of distilled water to the disk at the top of my herf-a-dor and pulling in the extra humidity?
mkarnold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #1448
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarnold1 View Post
Quick question, I know they are cheap and relatively easy to replace, but do boveda humidipaks continue to perform well if they are "recharged" by adding a few drops of distilled water to the disk at the top of my herf-a-dor and pulling in the extra humidity?
I have a few packs that I've been recharging and reusing for many years now, with no change in performance.

The better way to recharge the pack though is to place it in a tupperware container with a sponge that has been moistened with distilled water. Ensure that the pack and the sponge are not contacting each other and just seal the container up for a week or two.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #1449
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks! I'll do that.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #1450
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post

<--------NOOB
Nope, still not getting it. I hit the quote button on this particular post and I scroll to the bottom and see the other posts, but no quote button on the bottom right.....I know this is super easy, but I am missing something here. I can copy and paste the post, but then there is no link to it....
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #1451
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Nope, still not getting it. I hit the quote button on this particular post and I scroll to the bottom and see the other posts, but no quote button on the bottom right.....I know this is super easy, but I am missing something here. I can copy and paste the post, but then there is no link to it....
Okay click the Multi-Quote button on the bottom right of the first post to quote (It's the little button with "+ on it, located to the right of the quote button). Nothing should happen except the button will change collor. Then click the normal quote button on the second post and they should both appear in your message box.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #1452
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Okay click the Multi-Quote button on the bottom right of the first post to quote (It's the little button with "+ on it, located to the right of the quote button). Nothing should happen except the button will change collor. Then click the normal quote button on the second post and they should both appear in your message box.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! I'll do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I have a few packs that I've been recharging and reusing for many years now, with no change in performance.

The better way to recharge the pack though is to place it in a tupperware container with a sponge that has been moistened with distilled water. Ensure that the pack and the sponge are not contacting each other and just seal the container up for a week or two.
Testing
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #1453
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To the right of the quote button is a button with quote marks and a plus. Click that for each post you want to quote in one post. When you get to the last post, click the quote button button and all posts you "clicked" should be quoted.

You did it!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #1454
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

HOLY CRAP!!!! It worked thanks.....I know this is like internet 101, but it was driving me crazy!!!

See on my screen I couldn't see that "+" it is just looks like quotations to me, but I got it now and cheers to you all
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #1455
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

What it should look like:

Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #1456
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
To the right of the quote button is a button with quote marks and a plus. Click that for each post you want to quote in one post. When you get to the last post, click the quote button button and all posts you "clicked" should be quoted.

You did it!!
Quote:
HOLY CRAP!!!! It worked thanks.....I know this is like internet 101, but it was driving me crazy!!!

See on my screen I couldn't see that "+" it is just looks like quotations to me, but I got it now and cheers to you all
Quote:
What it should look like:

I said Look Ma N hands!!

Thanks for the screen shots Shane!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #1457
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Hey at least I had the GUTS to ask
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #1458
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

Quote:

Hey at least I had the GUTS to ask
Thanks, I learn a lot reading this thread. You may think it's a silly question but there are a lot of folks out there like me that don't do forums much and are not well versed in this stuff.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #1459
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Guys, by cluttering this thread up with unnecessary banter, you make it very difficult for those who come along after you with the same questions to find their answers. Please think of the next new smoker who is going to come along after you before you hit post.

EDIT: Mark, not directed at you - your post snuck in there while I was typing.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #1460
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

Quote:
Thanks, I learn a lot reading this thread. You may think it's a silly question but there are a lot of folks out there like me that don't do forums much and are not well versed in this stuff.
Ditto, honestly I was opening up all the quotes I wanted in another tab then copying and pasting them into one reply box. It was a pain in the butt. Thank for asking mark and then you to everybody who answered the call.

New smoker thought of with this post.