Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats > Recipes

Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Hammerhead

Trading: (0)
Hammerhead is on a distinguished road
Default JD/Knob Creek Spicy BBQ Sauce

Just thought I'd share a quick recipe I use for myself to zip things up a bit based on a fast and easy adaptation to available off-the-shelf products. I'm not sure if I posted this previously, so here it is again, just in case.

Ingredients:
1 28 oz. (1lb. 12 oz) bottle Jack Daniels Old No.7 sauce (original flavor)
1 7 oz. can Goya Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1/2 cup Knob Creek Bourbon (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup water (optional)

Directions:
  • In a cup or blender, combine Chipotles, Bourbon and 1/2 cup water, blend until smooth. Alternately; put into a large plastic soda cup (like those from a fast food joint when you 'super size' the meal) and use a hand blender to puree the mixture.
  • In an appropriate size sauce pan, pour the bottle of JD No.7 entirely, saving the bottle for re-containering the finished mixture.
  • Add the remaining 1/4 cup water to the JD bottle, cap and shake, then pour the diluted mixture into the sauce pan - this is the optional step, intended only to clean out the bottle, you can rise it when you're done.
  • Add the blended mixture of Chipotle/Bourbon to the saucepan with the JD sauce and stir, bringing the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to simmer down to desired thickness.

Re-bottle mixture while as hot as possible, recap and refrigerate - remember you're repackaging product so food safety precautions apply. You will have remaining sauce, so plan on having some burgers handy. I can't tell you what this is like on a good bacon burger.

Enjoy!
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough
Default Re: JD/Knob Creek Spicy BBQ Sauce

thanks for sharing! I always enjoy trying out a BBQ sauce recipe.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote