Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up The Outlaw Cigar Company - South

I'm currently visiting out here in Overland Park, KS for training for the week through Friday April 7th, and had a chance to visit one hell of candy store called The Outlaw Cigar Company. This one is located in Overland Park, KS with a second location just up the street in Kansas City, MO. One of the workers named Mark was kind enough to allow me to shoot a few photographs for your viewing:

A very spacious and well-stocked humidor:

With plenty of seating in the front:

Old 04-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Outlaw Cigar Company - South

....and plenty of seating in the rear of the store:

I decided to smoke one of their house brands this evening. The Gunslinger Black Powder Robusto Especial 5 x 54. You can read about it here: http://www.outlawcigar.com/product/g...-black-powder/

They have personal lockers inside, play dominoes on Monday, and poker on Thursday. Appears to be a bunch of good folks that hang out here on a regular basis. I'll be returning on Wednesday evening for a smoke. If you're living in the area, I hope to see your there
Old 04-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Very cool, Mark!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Awesome, Mark! I've Smoked Several Of Their Cigars. Good Sticks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 AM   #5
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Going to miss you on this round Mark as I fly out Wednesday afternoon. Glad you are getting a chance to see the Outlaw.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:34 AM   #6
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

What time Wednesday, Mark? I'm flying into KC today.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a great place! I did a box split on some Gunslingers a couple of years ago and they were pretty tasty smokes.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
Going to miss you on this round Mark as I fly out Wednesday afternoon. Glad you are getting a chance to see the Outlaw.
Ratz! You have a safe flight out of KC Intl Jay, and maybe next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
What time Wednesday, Mark? I'm flying into KC today.
We let out around 5:00PM Bob. I should be there before 6:00PM. Will be taking a shuttle from the Holiday Inn at Nall and the 435fwy...

Just returned from Brobecks BBQ with a bunch of folks. Great BBQ. I had the burnt ends and spare ribs plate with cole slaw and potato salad. Stuffed

http://www.brobecksbbq.com/
Old 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Ok, I'll post here tomorrow if I can make it.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Not sure if you have a way to get around, but try Joes KC BBQ off 35/Strange Line in Olathe. Looks to be about 15-20 mins away from outlaw.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #11
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Ok, I'll post here tomorrow if I can make it.
Quote:
Not sure if you have a way to get around, but try Joes KC BBQ off 35/Strange Line in Olathe. Looks to be about 15-20 mins away from outlaw.

Sounds good Bob. I'll do the same as my throat has started to act-up. Either way, I'll post...
Old 04-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

So how do I win the Henry Big Boy?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:04 AM   #13
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

looks like a sweet place
Old 04-05-2017, 04:03 AM   #14
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Bob/Mark

There is also a Joe's closer to Nall/435 at 119th and Roe. Definitely one of the bbq places to try in KC.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
Bob/Mark

There is also a Joe's closer to Nall/435 at 119th and Roe. Definitely one of the bbq places to try in KC.
Ok, I wasn't sure where the third Joe's was located. I hit up the original last night for dinner, the one in the gas station on 47th/Mission. Always a must stop when I"m in KC.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #16
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Looks like a great spot
Old 04-06-2017, 03:09 AM   #17
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

wow,looks like a great place to hang out.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:32 AM   #18
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough

Got to stop in there myself on a random trip for work. Nice set up they have indeed!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #19
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Alas, Mark and I couldn't meet up last night. He came down with a bug over the last couple of days and it hit him pretty good yesterday. I ended up going down there anyway (instead of normally going to the North location). Smoked a Warped Futuro, while watching baseball on TV with about a dozen other patrons.

Just to give you a sense of the size of this place, it's an old Macaroni Grill restaurant that closed a few years back. It really is a nice setup.