Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2023, 08:59 PM   #1
thirteenthghost
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
thirteenthghost is on a distinguished road
Default French revolution cigar guillotine for sale.

Hello, I have a one of a kind 1/9th scale replica of a French revolution guillotine cigar cutter that I am not able to take with me when I move. Below is a description and link if anyone is interested.

this one of a kind handmade reproduction of an 18th century French revolution Guillotine. It is entirely made of Oak, aluminum, leather and brass with a 1065 high carbon steel blade. It stands 21" tall and 17" long. The basket is hand weaved from straw and removable. The plank for the prisoner(cigar) to lie on is likewise moveable with leather straps and brass buckles. The head stock may be raised and held in place with the moveable hand stop and the handmade crank will raise the blade mechanism until it is triggered and automatically drops with a very heavy thud. Please note. This is a functional, sharpened guillotine mechanism made for cutting cigars and is therefore potentially dangerous. No fingers should be anywhere near the mechanism when it drops and it is not recommended for houses with small children. This is a sharp and heavy blade though it will likely need to be sharpened up a bit prior to use. The topmost cross beam comes off for removal of the blade mechanism and routine cleaning/oiling. This is a one of a kind piece and the only one in the world available as far as I know. It was made by myself after many years of looking for an authentic, functional replica. I am loathe to part with it but I am moving and simply don't have the room anymore. It is priced high due to the materials and superior quality of the build. I have been a Hollywood props maker for over 25 years. This is no toy but a functional representation of a historical piece. It will need to be treated with the same respect given to a sword or knife. It is ideal for the cigar smoker who is perhaps a bit eccentric. The Gomez Addams type. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.https://www.ebay.com/itm/234914707541
thirteenthghost is offline   Reply With Quote