Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #221
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Go Dawgs. Both of them. UGA and MSU
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #222
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Looks like the Gators are giving the Dawgs the same breaks that the Gamecocks gave the Gators last week. This whole SEC East championship is FUBAR right now.

I guess the swamp IS where "Dreams go to die"

Last edited by hammondc; 10-27-2012 at 05:26 PM.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #223
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Why does the St. Johns River flow north? Cause Georgia sucks!

Stoked about the big game in Jax for all the SEC East marbles
If you had left that middle sentence out they might not have lost.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #224
Bleez
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bleez
Trading: (26)
SCdlH
Bleez will become famous soon enough

Roll Tide!!!

"LESS COWBELL!!!"
Bleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #225
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

WOW, I am so sorry for my Gamecock brethren, and I know that sounds kinda messed up while HE ends up on TV
looking worse than Theisman. But I do not know him, and I know a lot of you. You have my condolences.
As for the young man himself, I am heartbroken. You play your whole life, looking for that big payday in the NFL.
You get badly hurt and yet you come back again, not wanting to waste a lifetime of effort towards that goal.
And this is the reward for that young man. Just heartbreaking. I doubt seriously he is going to have the heart to
say, I HAVE to rehab and get myself ready for the NFL. And who knows if he has the collegiate training to actually
BE anything in life, from the college/career perspective. I know that in these situations, someone somewhere should
end up basically giving him a paying career for what he tried to do for USC, but its just so sad. My thoughts go out
to him and his family. Poor kid's leg looked like a sock full of marbles.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #226
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Lattimore's injury was definitely heartbreaking, I hope it wasn't as serious as it looked, though I don't see how it couldn't be. He's in my prayers for sure.

Florida's meltdown was sad as well, although not in the same caliber. I hate to see a game decided by so many penalties. Florida beat themselves no question, but gotta give Georgia credit for capitalizing. Even though they were rough around the edges as well.

Auburn's loss was predictable, but the degree of the loss was just embarrassing. I'm a lifelong Alabama fan, I don't think I've ever had sympathy for the Tigers, but this season is pitiful, really pitiful.

Alabama beat Mississippi State, by a lot. I think the second string would have beaten them had they been in all game. All the talk about Mississippi State has been nice, in a "root for the underdog" sort of way. But honestly they were 7-0 #11 because of a very lucky schedule, against some teams who are traditionally good, but are terrible this season. Alabama was the real test to see if they were good, or just better than the worst teams in the SEC (Seriously, they've played the bottom 3 teams.). After today I can honestly say I think A&M are going to beat them, then LSU, then probably Ole Miss, Arkansas maybe not.

Next week Alabama gets their real test. I really can't wait to watch an Alabama game without my wife falling asleep at half time. Hopefully it will be a good game.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #227
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
Lattimore's injury was definitely heartbreaking, I hope it wasn't as serious as it looked, though I don't see how it couldn't be. He's in my prayers for sure.

Florida's meltdown was sad as well, although not in the same caliber. I hate to see a game decided by so many penalties. Florida beat themselves no question, but gotta give Georgia credit for capitalizing. Even though they were rough around the edges as well.

Lattimore is out indefinitely. Tore even ligament in his knee, broke the femur and chipped his kneecap.

As for the Florida meltdown, I feel like they played they same way SC played last week. They beat themselves. FL had 29yards of offense at halftime last week and were up 21 points. That speaks volumes. The SC defense was holding them down again in 2nd half until they simply gave up because of the offense being so horrible. After a while, I suppose they just through up their hands and said "why bother?". I still do not know what to make of Florida. The SEC East is a mess right now. Really does not matter a whole lot because I do not think either SC, FL or GA could beat Bama right now.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #228
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Lattimore is out indefinitely. Tore even ligament in his knee, broke the femur and chipped his kneecap.

As for the Florida meltdown, I feel like they played they same way SC played last week. They beat themselves. FL had 29yards of offense at halftime last week and were up 21 points. That speaks volumes. The SC defense was holding them down again in 2nd half until they simply gave up because of the offense being so horrible. After a while, I suppose they just through up their hands and said "why bother?". I still do not know what to make of Florida. The SEC East is a mess right now. Really does not matter a whole lot because I do not think either SC, FL or GA could beat Bama right now.
I didn't get to watch any football last week, so I can't say much about last weeks SC game. This week I was sad to see Tennessee lose, I know they lose a lot but they fight so hard and they've lost so many SEC games the last few years I'd just like to see them pull off one big win. As long as it isn't against Alabama.

Going into this Saturday I honestly thought Florida and Bama should be switched, seeing as how Bama hadn't beaten anybody yet. After this week I'm happy to say I feel my team is deserving of the #1 spot. Next week could be a different story.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #229
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...m-doctor-98326

Better than what i read yesterday. They are saying no broken bones.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #230
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

no kidding. I know he has not used his red shirt yet, so maybe he can get 2 more years and prep for the 2015 draft.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #231
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

That Florida-Georgia game was a bitter pill to swallow let me tell ya. I did not recognize the Gator team that showed up! Textbook rivalry game though - throw records and previous tendencies out the window. Murray and Driskel were trying to out Sanchez each other all day with the turnovers. I agree with you, Chip that the beginning was similar to the Florida-USC game but w/the Gators on the short side of the stick.

Looking on the bright side, if ya'll would have told me in August that Florida would be 7-1 and ranked in the Top 10 I would have been pleasantly surprised. Hey, with Georgia's capacity for utter failures they could get another SEC loss and Florida wins the East anyhow
Old 10-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #232
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #233
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

^ I bought that shirt last year and wore it during the game. Didn't give us any luck though
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #234
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
^ I bought that shirt last year and wore it during the game. Didn't give us any luck though
I am not wishing it for luck. I am wishing it for real.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #235
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
But then all the hunters in FL won't have a good place to hunt...
Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #236
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I like what you said there Michael, its the same I tell the MSU people here. They had that tired old
"WE BELIEVE" kind of campaign crap running, and right up until about halftime against bama, I guess
they still believed. It is SO EASY to throw out so much in order to make ourselves properly upset about
that kind of loss. Forget that they are 8-1 for the first time since dinosaurs walked the earth.

Like an LSU fan that wants Les Miles' head because they were embarrassed in the BCSCG by bama.
HELLO!?!? You are 13-1....THAT'S what stands the test of time. Sure, it is painful to be embarrassed anywhere,
but that part will fade way faster than 13-1. We had more wins than BAMA, and yet we were not the
BCS champ, lol. What about that? I used to rag Michael until I respected him, "Where is the 'reload" you
used to talk about, pal?" "UF is getting trounced, I thought you just replaced the NFL guys with some
more awesome players." I guess that was all BS. Now the entire SEC is 7-1. Or the entire SEC that matters, lol.
And if anything it makes the BCS and the SEC even more interesting and fun. Its all good...support your team
and be glad it's still fall.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #237
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #238
OLS
Suck It

Crap, I capitalized bama. dammit, my streak is broken.
And I said MSU was 7-1....sorry, they are 8-1. Bowl eligible, lol.
Or as my old man used to say everytime the Saints crossed an
opponents 35...."THEY'RE IN FIELD GOAL RANGE." Seems like common
sense, but what he meant was there was no way they were going to
score a TD, so let's start thinking about the inevitable as soon as its
possible.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #239
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Not a Bama or LSU fan - However, I'm going with the opening spread of 10.5. From what I've seen from both teams this year, Bama should have no problem making the spread.

Next.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #240
OLS
Suck It

Nick Saban is going to have a hard time winning a football game if he's on Survivor....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DeniseStapley_400x280.jpg (87.4 KB, 125 views)