Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #661
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
pfm721 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

Personally I want UF to hire Mike Leach. Yeah I know he's got baggage, but he brings a couple of positives to the mix. He's tough on off the field issue, something Meyer wasn't, which is something we need to clean up. His offense always put up points, yes I know SEC defenses are different, and I wouldn't mind going back to a more Fun and Gun offense.

Biggest takeaway from this, Brantley stays if Petrino gets the job.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #662
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
You Really Think Cam Is Coming Back Next Year When He Is A First Round NFL Pick This Year?
Of course I do...look what a little more college did for JaMarcus Russell.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #663
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am sure our tiny contingent of Auburn fans would love to hear what the Memphis airwaves are talking.
Mullen to FLA, Malzahn to Miss State. It's all just legos, putting a piece here and a piece there, but one
can never count out the Oddness of the SEC coaching carousel. I wonder what they plug into Auburn
the musical chair left empty by their theory?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #664
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Mark my words... Petrino will NOT be leaving my beloved Hogs! Sure, if any college could take him away it would probably be UF. But the thing is... there is soooo little upside for him in it. Sure a bit more money and easier recruiting, but at what cost?

He'll prove every hater from Cali to Atlanta that all of the ESPiN pundits and MSM were right to call him a drifter and an opportunist with no loyalty. He'll piss off the one fan base that completely united behind him (and collectively gave the media the middle finger) when everyone else was bashing him. He throws away the chance to take a team that everyone writes off as second tier (Thanks Nutt!) all the way to the BCS MNC -- and lets face it, that could very well be next year. He and his family LOVE Arkansas and Arkansas LOVES Petrino. Our AD (Long) has given Petrino carte blanche and has already (rumored) placed an extension with pay raises annually for both Petrino AND his assistants (at Petrino's request), a HEAVY buyout, and pretty much everything else Petrino could want. When Petrino got to Arkansas he asked for new/upgraded facilities, he got all $30+ million worth of upgrades.

Essentially what he has at Arkansas is about the best you can get. A chance to prove yourself as a coach... To build, in the face of adversity, an elite program. To beat the giants with the underdogs. The love of an entire state, a united fan base, a program that stands 100% behind him. And recruits coming in by the droves to play under him.

If he goes to UF he has to contend with Meyer being over his shoulder -- which he'll hate. A fan base that is NOT on board, a program that is so highly touted that if you lose a game you're in the hot seat... Not to mention 2+ yrs of installing a drastically different program before the real results start showing. An AD that is not as likely to give carte blanche... And he ruins his chance to repair his rep and give a fat FU to the media that has hated on him non-stop since Atlanta.

Just sayin'.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #665
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

I know that you SEC boys are scared to bet on Auburn since we know that Oregon is going to win.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39682

Just saying I have Oregon and yes I am trolling
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #666
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
I know that you SEC boys are scared to bet on Auburn since we know that Oregon is going to win.

an honest troll for once i saw that contest and it looks awesome. as cliche as it sounds i can't afford to put up $12 as a grad student
Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #667
jovenhut
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (64)
jovenhut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post

I have Oregon as well
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #668
auburnfan1980

Bad news for the Ducks offense as breaking reports just shared Cam Newton is now playing defensive end for the NC game. I think he's pissed he didn't win all the Defensive POY awards, too.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #669
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post

an honest troll for once i saw that contest and it looks awesome. as cliche as it sounds i can't afford to put up $12 as a grad student
Fully understand the lack of funds as a grad student. I did put in the price of another fee trying to get one of the ToE to join in but no takers on their side. So if you are willing to do a little "recruiting" the spot is yours.

Join us for a good time and PIF later when you are making millions

Back to subject matter: Arkansas - chokes or shows up for the game?
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #670
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
Bad news for the Ducks offense as breaking reports just shared Cam Newton is now playing defensive end for the NC game. I think he's pissed he didn't win all the Defensive POY awards, too.
Damn his dad is going to be pissed. He only got money for Cam to play offense
Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #671
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Mark my words... Petrino will NOT be leaving my beloved Hogs! Sure, if any college could take him away it would probably be UF. But the thing is... there is soooo little upside for him in it. Sure a bit more money and easier recruiting, but at what cost?
I guess you are right, I mean he doesn't have any kind of record of abrupt bolting...yeah, you're probably right,
Old 12-11-2010, 02:54 AM   #672
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I guess you are right, I mean he doesn't have any kind of record of abrupt bolting...yeah, you're probably right,
Heh. Word out of campus is that Petrino just signed a 7yr contract extension (through 2017) with a mutual 6mil buyout and annual raises for both him and his assistants.

BMFP is home in Arkansas! That prospect has to scare the crap out of you fellow West guys... 2018 is a long time to wait to reach the SECCG
Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #673
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Former Gator linebacker Brandon Spikes has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #674
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Heh. Word out of campus is that Petrino just signed a 7yr contract extension (through 2017) with a mutual 6mil buyout and annual raises for both him and his assistants.

BMFP is home in Arkansas! That prospect has to scare the crap out of you fellow West guys... 2018 is a long time to wait to reach the SECCG
nah....as long as we keep cherry-picking the best players out of Arkansas at will (Lee Ziemba, Michael Dyer, Kiehl Frazier), I think we'll do just fine.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #675
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
pfm721 is on a distinguished road

Will Muschamp! I'll take it. Hope it works out.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #676
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfm721 View Post
Great Defensive Co-Ordinator! Texas Needs To Re-Group Anyway!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #677
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Congrats To Cam Newton & Auburn For The Blow-Out Heisman Victory!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #678
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfm721 View Post
Hoping for a better showing in 2011.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #679
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

For you Cam fans....

http://www.cbssports.com/video/playe...MmxP4opk8yZc5L
Old 12-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #680
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
nah....as long as we keep cherry-picking the best players out of Arkansas at will (Lee Ziemba, Michael Dyer, Kiehl Frazier), I think we'll do just fine.
Meh... World Wide Walt and the Shiloh Mafia won't be able to keep funneling talent to Gus (especially when he DOES leave) for too much longer - especially if any of the pending law suits pan out against Walt.

As for Dyer... He was a douche of a kid, and frankly BMFP didn't want him or his attitude on our team. Ziemba, that one hurts a bit... but we'll be fine. Frazier = overrated compared to what we have in depth and what BMFP can bring in with his history of building QBs. Those also aren't even close to AR's best players.