Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
fsjonsey
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
fsjonsey is on a distinguished road
Default So I smoked an ACID Today.

It's finals week down at college. Everyone's having a good time, and by "good time" I mean getting drunk. I gave a friend a ride to the liquor store the next town over to pick up a bottle of Seagram's Seven. I don't drink, so I was just going to wait in the car while he went in, but I happened to notice a humidor in the corner of the store, and decided to check it out. As I make my selections, a Fuente 898 and a Padron 2000, the guy behind the counter mentions that they were having a "sale" on ACID blondies, $1.50 a stick. Knowing the reputation these have, I decided to find out just how bad they really were, and picked up two of them. Biiiig mistake in hindsight.

Fast forward to this evening. I decide to relax, have a cigar, and listen to the rantings of Michael Savage. I spy the Acids sitting next to the humidor. Curiosity gets the best of me, so I grab one, clip the head, and toast the foot. As I take the first draw, the flavor of burning Earl Grey tea, Pert Plus Shampoo, Mrs. Dash seasoning, and crappy tobacco envelops my palette. The cigar crackles and hisses, as if trying to taunt me. Half way down, the flavors of cheap shampoo, salt free seasoning, and smoldering tea give way to acrid bitterness with a hint of burning hair, or perhaps burning garbage. I chuck the cigar in disgust.

Now I cant get this horrible taste out of my mouth. Gargling Listerine, brushing my teeth, and eating copious amounts of breath mints has little effect. I think I'm going to go chew some garlic now. Maybe that will do the trick.
Kudos Jonathan Drew, your cigars really are an experience one isn't soon to forget.
fsjonsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: So I smoked an ACID Today.

Never had one, but thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

That is a great review. I have smoked a couple because I am open to trying any cigar but I will never intentionally smoke another one. A full spitoon tastes better then an ACID.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
fsjonsey
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
fsjonsey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
That is a great review. I have smoked a couple because I am open to trying any cigar but I will never intentionally smoke another one. A full spitoon tastes better then an ACID.
I'm one of those guys too. The more controversial a cigar is the more I want to try it, just to see if it really lives up to it's reputation. This ACID sure did. Thing is, I really like Drew Estate's more traditional cigars, like the LVH line.
fsjonsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

I am glad the Maduro Egg was not ACIDish.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Sounds like your experience was the same as mine: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2963

I am sure you smoked more of it than I did though
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

LOL I have yet to try an Acid partially because of the rep, and partially because I would have to make a special coolidor for them!! No way they are going near my stashes!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #8
Cigary

Lol,,,great review and you are pretty accurate with your assessment of an Acid Blondie,,,,if you can find a dog walking around after having an Acid pick up the dog, lift up his tail and lick his a$$ as this should get the taste of that nasty Acid out of your mouth.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #9
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

The only "proven" way to get the taste out is by licking pavement.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:07 AM   #10
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

The Blondie is actually the only one of the Acid line that I can tolerate. Since I don't want to just "tolerate" a cigar, I don't smoke them but I do keep a few around for the right audience. Some folks love these. Thanks for the review!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #11
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

You think those are bad try an Acid Nasty...looks and tastes like one of those incense cones...man do they SUCK!
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #12
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Great review!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

Thanks for the review...it made me laugh.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #14
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

But remember the troops love these! Don't chuck 'em, send them to Fred!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

But what is the deal with the TROOPS? Am I wrong in reading that they love them, or at least love GETTING them? I love our fighting folks, but I was starting to question their judgment, lol. I read somewhere that someone in one of the troop threads that some of
them were happy to get them. Of course, maybe they wrongly assumed that if they complained, we would stop sending them, lol. We won't.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #16
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

The good thing about ACIDs is that people don't complain about the smell of them.

EDIT: I should say MOST people don't complain. Other cigar smokers will complain.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #17
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Glad you survived!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
But what is the deal with the TROOPS? Am I wrong in reading that they love them, or at least love GETTING them? I love our fighting folks, but I was starting to question their judgment, lol. I read somewhere that someone in one of the troop threads that some of
them were happy to get them. Of course, maybe they wrongly assumed that if they complained, we would stop sending them, lol. We won't.
I'm guessing it's the same guys and gals that love menthol cigarettes. Closest thing to a Newport or Marlboro Menthol, I guess. I still can't belive the number of people that smoke White Owl Grapes and Peach. But to each his own
Old 05-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
MithShrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I can tell you now, they do actually like these things. I had one guy purchase four boxes of ACID Kuba Kubas for shipment to Afghanistan.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #20
STYX&STONED

Life is to short to waste time smoking shittyyyyyy cigars!!!