Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default This is your fault

OK, I'm not usually one to blame anybody for my actions as I feel people should take a bit more responsibility for their own deeds, but this time I can think of nothing else to do.

The purpose for drinking beer, wine, Scotch, etc... isn't to get drunk, at least not in my book. Except for water, each beverage which passes my lips does so because I enjoy the flavor.

Rum to me, was always something that I enjoyed mixed with Coca-cola or in a daquiri. At least until I met up with a couple brothers from Cigar Asylum at a herf and I there had my first taste of a fine sipping rum. Then, someone else from this board sent me my own bottle of such a beverage. This intrigued me to read a bit more in the rum thread.

Someone else posted a thread about "the cigar drink," and that too was enticing.

You need something to sip on when enjoying a fine cigar, and I had previously thought that my ales, porters, stouts, etc... was enough. Grape products (wine, Cognac, Armagnac) were also good partners to a fine smoke. Single Malt Scotches also seemed a nice pairing.

Of course, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and other beverages seem to be paired with my cigars, but it is rum which brought me to this point.

Now, I must admit that the sipping rums seem to surpass them all with their fitting flavors to accompany a cigar. Maybe it is the fact that they were reared in the same area and paired for more years than the others - they grew up together, so to speak.

But, I was fine as I enjoyed the pairing of cigars with the beverages I had always enjoyed. I knew not what I was missing. It was blissful ignorance that allowed me to continue in this way for so many years.

So, this is y'all's fault. Not mine!

We are sending you the following information for the above invoice.

Shipping Tracking No.:
Carrier : Other
Ship Via : grnd
Ship Date : 01/05/2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty BO Style Description Price Total Price
Color Sizes Widths

1 0 163239 ZAYA RUM 750 TRINADAD $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 164247 RON ZACAPA 23YR RUM 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 109800 FERNET BRANCA BITTER 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

SubTotal : $xx.xx
Freight : $xx.xx
Handling : $0.00
Total Tax : $0.00
Order Total: $xx.xx

Thank you so very much for your business.

Last edited by RevSmoke; 01-06-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: bad color
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: This is your fault

Mmmmmm..... Zaya
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

uh oh, yall have created a monster. J/K
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Man up!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Yes!!!

That's a really nice selection you've ordered up.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Mmmmmm.....Guatemalan Zaya
Fixt.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
OK, I'm not usually one to blame anybody for my actions as I feel people should take a bit more responsibility for their own deeds, but this time I can think of nothing else to do.

The purpose for drinking beer, wine, Scotch, etc... isn't to get drunk, at least not in my book. Except for water, each beverage which passes my lips does so because I enjoy the flavor.

Rum to me, was always something that I enjoyed mixed with Coca-cola or in a daquiri. At least until I met up with a couple brothers from Cigar Asylum at a herf and I there had my first taste of a fine sipping rum. Then, someone else from this board sent me my own bottle of such a beverage. This intrigued me to read a bit more in the rum thread.

Someone else posted a thread about "the cigar drink," and that too was enticing.

You need something to sip on when enjoying a fine cigar, and I had previously thought that my ales, porters, stouts, etc... was enough. Grape products (wine, Cognac, Armagnac) were also good partners to a fine smoke. Single Malt Scotches also seemed a nice pairing.

Of course, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and other beverages seem to be paired with my cigars, but it is rum which brought me to this point.

Now, I must admit that the sipping rums seem to surpass them all with their fitting flavors to accompany a cigar. Maybe it is the fact that they were reared in the same area and paired for more years than the others - they grew up together, so to speak.

But, I was fine as I enjoyed the pairing of cigars with the beverages I had always enjoyed. I knew not what I was missing. It was blissful ignorance that allowed me to continue in this way for so many years.

So, this is y'all's fault. Not mine!

We are sending you the following information for the above invoice.

Shipping Tracking No.:
Carrier : Other
Ship Via : grnd
Ship Date : 01/05/2010

Qty BO Style Description Price Total Price
Color Sizes Widths

1 0 163239 ZAYA RUM 750 TRINADAD $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 164247 RON ZACAPA 23YR RUM 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

1 0 109800 FERNET BRANCA BITTER 750 $xx.xx
1 0 -- --

SubTotal : $xx.xx
Freight : $xx.xx
Handling : $0.00
Total Tax : $0.00
Order Total: $xx.xx

Thank you so very much for your business.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

I, too, feel your pain. Rum is probably my favorite...

You will love both the Zaya and the Ron Zacapa... I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I thought there was a problem even re-read? Only problem I could find was you have to wait for shipping when you could have been sipping!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?!
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24526
Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, you just found a new slope

If you like the flavors of the Zaya and Zacapa, you'll have to try Diplomatico and Ron Centenario, and then if you decide they're a little too sweet, try Ron Pampero and Vizcaya, and then if you want something a little lighter in style... you can see where this is going
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
I, too, feel your pain. Rum is probably my favorite...

You will love both the Zaya and the Ron Zacapa... I am not familiar with the FERNET BRANCA BITTER you ordered. Do tell?!
What is it with a certain breed of men who do not seem to be sympathetic at all to my pain.

Joe, there is a thread that was linked to the Frenet Branca Bitter.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
Congratulations, you just found a new slope

If you like the flavors of the Zaya and Zacapa, you'll have to try Diplomatico and Ron Centenario, and then if you decide they're a little too sweet, try Ron Pampero and Vizcaya, and then if you want something a little lighter in style... you can see where this is going
I'm on the slope, you don't need to push.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Well, the last two nights found me doing some sampling. I am not sure I am a fan of the FERNET BRANCA BITTER and coke.

Last night I had a glass of the Ron Zacapa. I have already had the Zaya, and know I like that. But, I must say that I may like the Pyrat XO better than the others.

(TFPIC) Thanks for the new slope you rum buggers.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Therefore, let him who thinks he stands be careful he does not fall.--
I Cor 10:12

This should be the prayer we all say before visiting any sites mentioned here.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #16
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Glad your enjoying the Rums. Now it's your fault, I read your update and had break out the Ron zacapa last night. But it was chilly and I was smoking a cuesta rey sungrown churchhill so I had to have a few extra drinks to compensate for the cold and longer smoke. 5am came real early!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #17
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
Therefore, let him who thinks he stands be careful he does not fall.--
I Cor 10:12

This should be the prayer we all say before visiting any sites mentioned here.
Can I get an Amen?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPmark View Post
Glad your enjoying the Rums. Now it's your fault, I read your update and had break out the Ron zacapa last night. But it was chilly and I was smoking a cuesta rey sungrown churchhill so I had to have a few extra drinks to compensate for the cold and longer smoke. 5am came real early!
Oh, and that's my fault?

Didn't take much of a nudge to get you to fall off that edge, did you?

OK,
Old 01-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

You need to place another order for this one, so all is not lost.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Talking Re: This is your fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Oh, and that's my fault?

Didn't take much of a nudge to get you to fall off that edge, did you?

OK,
I crumble like a house of cards to this kind of peer pressure!!!! Actually I look foward to the nudge gives me an excuse!!!!