Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #161
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The picture thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_B View Post
Here is my newest pipe. My first straight pipe. Smokes great so far.
Attachment 5598
nice. there are a ton of Octavias on ebay right now. nice lookin pipes.

what shops are there around Fayetteville? i've been there TDY numerous times, never found a decent shop. there was like a wine bar that had crappy cigars in a bad display humi, in some type of "upscale" setting, just around the corner from a HD dealership, but that was about 5-6 yrs ago...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #162
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post

what shops are there around Fayetteville? i've been there TDY numerous times, never found a decent shop. there was like a wine bar that had crappy cigars in a bad display humi, in some type of "upscale" setting, just around the corner from a HD dealership, but that was about 5-6 yrs ago...
The Tobacco Shop on Township is top notch for both pipes, tobaccos and cigars. Very helpful staff to boot. CaddoMoney (Andrew) frequents it
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #163
andrew

Quote:

The Tobacco Shop is where I go 98% of the time. There's also a cigar shop on Weddington. I think its called Weddington Cigar Shop, anyway, its got a decent selection and a few places to sit and watch the tv if you're into smoking "lounges."

Oh, and I forgot. The Tobacco Shop has a little place to sit too, with a couple chairs and a table, which is fairly new.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #164
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
The Tobacco Shop is where I go 98% of the time. There's also a cigar shop on Weddington. I think its called Weddington Cigar Shop, anyway, its got a decent selection and a few places to sit and watch the tv if you're into smoking "lounges."

Oh, and I forgot. The Tobacco Shop has a little place to sit too, with a couple chairs and a table, which is fairly new.
I was in Fayetteville about a month ago and my buddy took me by the place on weddington. They have no pipe stuff, but the cigar selection is nice, and they're next door to a pretty good liquor store. I think that's the same place you're talking about.
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #165
Curly Cut
Not Scary

haha... thanks guys, but i was talking to "Ranger B" about Fayetteville, North Carolina, where Ft. Bragg is (the guys post that i quoted).

Andrew, you should know that i know where "the tobacco shop" is down there in Arkansas, we sat next to each other at the hillbilly herf outside that room in the comfy reclining chairs... the username most ppl know me as is "IHT", if that reminds you a little bit.
so, i know that place pretty well. actually just called justin last week, a guy on CS was asking where i got the Farnams Reserve that i sent him from and if he could get any more.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #166
andrew

Quote:
haha... thanks guys, but i was talking to "Ranger B" about Fayetteville, North Carolina, where Ft. Bragg is (the guys post that i quoted).

Andrew, you should know that i know where "the tobacco shop" is down there in Arkansas, we sat next to each other at the hillbilly herf outside that room in the comfy reclining chairs... the username most ppl know me as is "IHT", if that reminds you a little bit.
so, i know that place pretty well. actually just called justin last week, a guy on CS was asking where i got the Farnams Reserve that i sent him from and if he could get any more.
Oh, okay. Then yeah, I definitely remember you. I didnt realize you were the same person. Oh, you know if they have any by chance, I'm down to two tins.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #167
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Oh, okay. Then yeah, I definitely remember you. I didnt realize you were the same person. Oh, you know if they have any by chance, I'm down to two tins.
only if you kiss Justins ass. he said when they got really low, he and the owner bought the rest... but he told me that it's just a McClellands bulk blend that was pre-aged 10 years. and since they're not getting any more, and aren't selling any more, i don't htink it matters if anyone knows what it is now...
McClellands bulk #2020 with 10 yrs of age (and in tins)...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #168
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Andrew in fayetteville I can not recommend any. There is a shop in the mall but not my cup of tea. I live outside of fayetteville on the north side of Bragg in southern pines. There is a small shop there with a nice selection of cigar and pipe stuff. Helps that the owner is retired air force.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #169
andrew

Quote:
only if you kiss Justins ass. he said when they got really low, he and the owner bought the rest... but he told me that it's just a McClellands bulk blend that was pre-aged 10 years. and since they're not getting any more, and aren't selling any more, i don't htink it matters if anyone knows what it is now...
McClellands bulk #2020 with 10 yrs of age (and in tins)...
Yeah, I've been trying to find the bulk version for a while and couldn't remember what it was called. Cool, I'll probably buy some now and do my own aging. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:05 AM   #170
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Here's a few of my favorites...more to come later...

Mark Tinsky Mocha & Black Rusticated Bulldog

Don Carlos 1-Note Rhodesian

Mark Tinsky X-Mas '08 1-Star Bulldog

Peterson Sherlock Holmes Squire

Dunhill County 4135 Horn

Old 03-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #171
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Part 2...

Big Ben Briar/Meerschaum Sandblast

Vauen 2002 POY

Savinelli Qandale Semi-Churchwarden

Peterson Irish Harp B10

Butz Choquin Briar Calabash

Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #172
Slow Triathlete
I Need A Beer!!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (11)
RA
Slow Triathlete is on a distinguished road

Nice pipes Nuero!!! I especially like the Tinskey's and the Sav. churchwarden!
Slow Triathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #173
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Here are a few pics of some pipes I picked up while visiting Bay City for a funeral for a pipe-smoking patriarch and beloved uncle. He was married to a british woman, and his pipes were from London or London-made from Paul's Cayuga in Flint. My cousin and I smoked a cigar and had some scotch after the funeral and we split up his dad's pipes. I think of 8, I got 3. They are a Barling, a "Finecraft" Made in England and a "Italy 705" lol, the latter two being Paul's Cayuga stamped. (+'oil-cured')

They need to be cleaned and polished and photographed with better light. But I am not sure about "patina"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB&S Ltd L4x.jpg (41.3 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg Cayuga London 431x.jpg (47.3 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg Cayuga Italy 705x.jpg (52.1 KB, 271 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #174
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

grain detail of london square shanked London-made

grain detail of BB&S Ltd. diamond shank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pauls Cayuga 134 grain detail.jpg (57.2 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg B B n S Ltd London England grain detail.jpg (97.5 KB, 272 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #175
Yota1

need to get a pipe........................