Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #81
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Viaje Zombie

so looks like I should call around opening? they dont have online ordering at that store
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #82
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
so looks like I should call around opening? they dont have online ordering at that store
Quote from another board. April 15th 2:51PM

"FYI burn cigars is selling pre-orders on these now. Only 8 boxes left, though, for out-of-staters"
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #83
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

well im screwed then that was a week ago
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #84
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Just received this email from Tobacco Grove...guess I better keep my fingers crossed. Can't be mad with this, as this is stellar communication.

"Thank you for placing your order for the Viaje Zombie!

The response was overwhelming. We had to turn the shopping cart off after 90 seconds! Within that first 90 seconds, we received over 50 orders. As you know, we are only able to fill 30 orders. They will be filled base on the time the order was received. We will be sending out official notice on Monday, April 25th notifying the lucky 30.

We apologize, in advance, to those of you whose order we will not be able to fill.
Tobacco Grove thanks you for your continued support.

Very truly yours,

Jim Martin
Marketing Director
Tobacco Grove
www.TobaccoGrove.com"
Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #85
thecatch83

Got the same email Mac........I think I'm SOL, but hoping for the best!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #86
mariogolbee

Well, if they closed the cart within 90 seconds when did you guys place your orders?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #87
mariogolbee

Bump for a video that's still stuck in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
And keeping ever so loosely with the theme of this thread (or perhaps it relates in more than just name) I give you a video that's stuck "in [my] head." You can skip the ads in like 4 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #88
thecatch83

Quote:
Well, if they closed the cart within 90 seconds when did you guys place your orders?
6 pm.....one minute prior on the TG site, you couldn't click buy/add cart, but right at 6pm you could...then as soon as my order was confirmed, I refreshed the page and they were sold out.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #89
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right before or right around that time...received my confirmation email from them at 6:02. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #90
thecatch83

Quote:
Bump for a video that's still stuck in my head.
This song, Whitney Houston's I will always love you, and REM's shiny happy people make me contemplate killing myself by jumping head first into a wood chipper.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #91
mariogolbee

It looks like you guys are in pretty good shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
This song, Whitney Houston's I will always love you, and REM's shiny happy people make me contemplate killing myself by jumping head first into a wood chipper.
But isn't the Zombie in your head?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #92
thecatch83

Quote:
It looks like you guys are in pretty good shape.

But isn't the Zombie in your head?
Yes!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:31 AM   #93
SmokeyNL

Since I hadn't seen any pictures yet, I thought I should share.
When I read about the Zombie release I asked someone to pick me up some.
Since I only had a few viaje before and always missed out on special editions and such in the past, I didnt really expect to get any, but michael came trough in a big way

Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #94
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

you should share =) haha jk
Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #95
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Look tasty
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #96
thecatch83

I think the Zombie is going to be another Viaje that will do well with some age!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 AM   #97
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Nice grab Simon!! +1 for Wanger!! I find my "fate" out sometime today.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #98
shump7
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Sean
Trading: (0)
shump7 is on a distinguished road

BURN is only about 20 minutes south of my dorm... I wish I could have made it down there.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #99
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I wonder if they actually sold out in store too...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #100
Wanger

I was at Burn over lunch, and James said that there would not be many left for sale in the store on Saturday, and that there would likely be a limit of 1 stick per. On my way home Friday, I picked up that box for Simon at Tobacco Grove (they are sister stores). I got there at about 4:15, and the event started at 4, and was lucky enough to get that one. There was a 1 box limit (so all I got was that box). I saw a few of the sticks out, and they are pretty cool little things. Triple capped at both ends, but the foot is still designated to be the one toasted. Once I get the package off to Simon and he unseals the box, you'll be able to see them (unless someone else scored some and get theirs sooner than he does). I was told by Joel that they are not ready yet, and could use at least a month of rest time before firing them up. Happy smoking to those of you who got them!