Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #201
kickerb

Default Re: The Wolfman

haha, i never even saw a link. where was it at on the their website?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #202
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

i got an e-mail from them. are you signed up on their mailing list bryan?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #203
kickerb

oh, that's why. hehe yeah Im not on the mailing list. i was just hitting the site. oh well.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #204
kickerb

still waiting for a call back about a dress box. i hope to still get those. but who knows
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #205
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

good luck bryan!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #206
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
For NHC with the limiteds you need to be logged in with all your payment info and shipping details already entered into their system to stand a chance so you can click add to cart and than checkout. 2 minutes is amazingly quick though!
Yeah, this for sure. I had my shipping and billing addresses filled in, payment filled in, so all I had to do was add it to my cart, use the pre-populated fields for my shipping, billing, and CC info, and then ordered. The whole process took me about ~20 seconds.

Do this and then give it another go Saturday
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #207
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

will try brian. thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #208
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
still waiting for a call back about a dress box. i hope to still get those. but who knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
good luck bryan!
Just got the call!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #209
Lonely Raven

Rock on!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #210
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

IMO, the wolfman lighter is fugly (that's just my opinion though) and so was the face lighter set from last year. At least last year's set you got a lighter AND a cutter. This year's looks like some tribal mess and has nothing to do with wolfman.

Forcing you to buy a $350 lighter to buy a box was robbery and people will remember these things when shopping around in the future. Used car salesmen tactics would easily make me walk out the door. Next thing you know they'll be selling you extended warranties and satisfaction guarantees on any unsmoked, unopened product (LOL).

Sidenote, why did this year's release get called Wolfman instead of just 'Wolf' like all the other abbreviated names from previous years?
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #211
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

To be honest I think in another week or two guys will have no problems tracking these down once the non-dress boxes land at all the other retailers. Keep in mind it's just the mostly just unlucky 13 who have received their allotments so far. My local only got theirs on Tuesday. I think NHC may have just gotten theirs early my guess is due to the volume he does for Pete. Just a guess on the last part. I think with a little patience they will start to surface a little more often and easier to grasp.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #212
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
IMO, the wolfman lighter is fugly (that's just my opinion though) and so was the face lighter set from last year. At least last year's set you got a lighter AND a cutter. This year's looks like some tribal mess and has nothing to do with wolfman.
I have the Face set and the cutter is useless to the point where it lives in the box they came in. Dupont makes really nice lighters, but they can't make a cutter to save their lives.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #213
Lonely Raven

The Wolfman set comes with an embossed leather lighter case in place of the cutter.

I prefer punches myself. I'm looking for a nice one right now in fact.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #214
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post

Forcing you to buy a $350 lighter to buy a box was robbery and people will remember these things when shopping around in the future. Used car salesmen tactics would easily make me walk out the door. Next thing you know they'll be selling you extended warranties and satisfaction guarantees on any unsmoked, unopened product (LOL).

Sidenote, why did this year's release get called Wolfman instead of just 'Wolf' like all the other abbreviated names from previous years?
A money back guarantee, sign me up! My budget would get cut in half.
They probably didn't abbreviate because when guys say wolf I know myself and others would probably think of things like this epic t-shirt.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #215
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
To be honest I think in another week or two guys will have no problems tracking these down once the non-dress boxes land at all the other retailers. Keep in mind it's just the mostly just unlucky 13 who have received their allotments so far. My local only got theirs on Tuesday. I think NHC may have just gotten theirs early my guess is due to the volume he does for Pete. Just a guess on the last part. I think with a little patience they will start to surface a little more often and easier to grasp.
Yep, the vast majority of the plain boxes will hit stores the last week of the month. NHC is a special case and it's never good to rely on them for getting an LE. They're usually the only ones selling them online and everyone knows this. Any Tat or Viaje LE that hits NHC will be sold out in less than an hour (often less than 5 minutes).

Your best bet is still to call your closest Tat retailer and ask if they'll save one for you.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #216
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
The Wolfman set comes with an embossed leather lighter case in place of the cutter.

I prefer punches myself. I'm looking for a nice one right now in fact.
Yeah, the Face set had a leather sleeve as well, it was under the tray in the box. Honestly, I like the look of the Wolfman lighter, but not at retail price.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #217
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
Yeah, the Face set had a leather sleeve as well, it was under the tray in the box. Honestly, I like the look of the Wolfman lighter, but not at retail price.
Same here.... If I can get a moderate deal on one and I have the money I think i might pick one up.
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #218
Lonely Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88 View Post
Same here.... If I can get a moderate deal on one and I have the money I think i might pick one up.
Mine is available if you want it. Box is signed and everything.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #219
Lonely Raven

Cripes, you guys really want to spit out your coffee...

Check eBay for other limited edition DuPont lighters.

007 James Bond $1700

Cohiba (gold plated) $2600

Opux X $4700!!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #220
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Cripes, you guys really want to spit out your coffee...

Check eBay for other limited edition DuPont lighters.

007 James Bond $1700

Cohiba (gold plated) $2600

Opux X $4700!!
There isn't enough room in my skull for how hard I want to roll my eyes at that. Wow. For that much it needs to serve as my primary mode of transportation as well.