Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Brad2064
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Brad
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Active)
Brad2064 is on a distinguished road
Default S.T. Dupont Defi Extreme lighter review

I was just in Las Vegas for the Big Smoke and went to Casa Fuente a couple times and they had just gotten a couple of the new S.T. Dupont Defi Extreme lighters in stock. I already had an S.T. Minijet lighter and loved its flawless operation so I took a look at the Defi. I wanted something that produced a little bit more of a robust flame. I looked at the maxijet and I liked its smooth lines and it slipped in and out of the pocket easier and it was cheaper, but the rugged design of the Defi won me over.

I usually don't buy expensive lighters everyday but my buddy wanted to buy my minijet so it eased the cash outlay of the $285 Defi Extreme. I live on the coast of Cali so I have not gotten to test the extreme temperature or altitude ratings, but it has worked flawlessly otherwise. I'd rather spend the money on a lighter that works every time than a cheaper lighter that works for a little bit then fails. So far, every time I have pushed the igniter it has worked not once was a double click needed. My minijet was the same.

So if you are in the mood to spend a little and want a flawless lighter, take a good look at the S.T. Dupont Defi Extreme. BTW I got the red version, which is a bright red not a crimson red like some of the online pictures portray. Black version was very classy and chrome finish was decent.
Brad2064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
never_enough
Never Satisfied

First Name: Robert
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
never_enough will become famous soon enoughnever_enough will become famous soon enough
Default Re: S.T. Dupont Defi Extreme lighter review

Thats a good looking lighter. I don't think I can be ok with spending that much on a lighter, but it might be going on the Christmas wish list.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
Brad2064
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Brad
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Active)
Brad2064 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, nearly $300 is a lot for a lighter for sure, but nothin makes me more upset than a malfunctioning lighter. Plus I think I got swept up in the spirit of the big smoke and got a lot carried away with my cigar accessory spending.
Brad2064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Robulous78

Picture?