Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
punklife505

Default Ed Hardy table top lighter

Ok so I'm a fan of tattoos and tattoo inspired art/gizmos but I've found that I am not a fan of Ed Hardy designs by Christian Audigier because of the people who buy his goods, most are mainstream upper middle class with money to buy an "alternative" look to make them seem "hip". Growing up Punk and poor and never having money to burn gives me an extreme appreciation for what I have and what I can't, and 120$ for a t-shirt is crazy and irresponsible for me to spend....but today at a Giant convenience store I found sitting by the registers a selection of Ed Hardy table top 2 jet lighters, and I had to have one! So 24.95$ on my credit card later and I'm the slightly embarrassed owner of a cheaply made but colorful lighter with no warranty, the flame is HUGE and and the design is Traditional tattoo and I love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1496.jpg (105.9 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1497.jpg (105.3 KB, 478 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1501.jpg (110.5 KB, 522 views)
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Tombstone

Default Re: Ed Hardy table top lighter

I hear ya... Nice lighter
Old 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
leasingthisspace

It sure looks nice and beefy in the hand.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Not that it matters to me, as I'm not an Ed Hardy fan either, but are they authentic?

That lighter looks cool, regardless.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
Darrell

We have these at the shop. I don't like that the flames do not meet at a point together, rather their is a gap between them, which makes lighting smaller RG cigars a bit of a challenge, because one flame tends to burn up the side.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Being an Ed Hardy whore I must find these!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
punklife505

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Not that it matters to me, as I'm not an Ed Hardy fan either, but are they authentic?

That lighter looks cool, regardless.
It's licensed with trademarks so I'm guessing yes
Old 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
punklife505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
We have these at the shop. I don't like that the flames do not meet at a point together, rather their is a gap between them, which makes lighting smaller RG cigars a bit of a challenge, because one flame tends to burn up the side.
Yea I see your point and they may not be small ring friendly but my Vector table top and pocket lighters will do all the work, this is purely for show and looks
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

First Name: Mike
Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

I saw a bottle of Ed Hardy wine at the store yesterday and considered it a sign of the apocalypse. Well, Torano made a rocking chair, so nothing is shocking any more.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavescrashing View Post
I saw a bottle of Ed Hardy wine at the store yesterday and considered it a sign of the apocalypse. Well, Torano made a rocking chair, so nothing is shocking any more.
I had a bottle of Ed Hardy water that I bought at an Ed Hardy store like 2 years ago
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
SkinsFanLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavescrashing View Post
He has his own beer too!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
itsme_timd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tim
Trading: (3)
ERdM
itsme_timd will become famous soon enough

I hadn't even heard of the guy until a few weeks ago then I've seen his stuff all over the place. Crazy how that happens.

Very cool looking lighter though!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
punklife505

Just bought another one @ 24.95$, this one is a kind of green camo with skull pierced with dagger banner that says "Death or glory". It's pretty fricken cool so gonna trade the other one I have...look for the post in WTS/T
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

So who is Ed Hardy? I seem to see many middle aged men wearing trendy, colorful stuff these days, is Ed Hardy the one who is telling them its ok to try and act like John Gosselin?

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
So who is Ed Hardy? I seem to see many middle aged men wearing trendy, colorful stuff these days, is Ed Hardy the one who is telling them its ok to try and act like John Gosselin?
Ed Hardy is a garish tattoo inspiring clothing line popular primarily with gangsters and teenage wannbee ballers...... because nothing says I'm a tough man like pulling out your Bedazzler and putting more rhinestones on your hoodie than a Vegas drag queen could ever dream of owning
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #16
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Darrell, I thought the point of multi-burner lighters was to make a dispersed/larger width flame to light larger RG smokes.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Pauly Walnuts

Quote:
+1
haha too funny. Cant stand the whole line of clothing and it just looks silly when people dress drastically out of character.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #18
SkinsFanLarry

Old 01-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #19
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Pete Johnson is a fan. Just kidding, but some of the same demographics overlap a bit.

I think it is the whole "Tattoo, brightly colored, tacky piercings and Hood Rat attitude" thing. One particular trade show I go to in Vegas every year has so much of it around every corner and infesting every nook, cranny and orifice, not only the regular "licensed" stuff but really bad knockoffs. I just laugh at it now, but people buy it, and it is it's own little portion of the economy. I couldn't bring myself to pimp it out like that. Garish Tatoo-ey wanna-be-retro-Gangsta-ish but mostly-never-was art doesn't trip my trigger.

I'm a middle aged white suburban guy with a 90 year old mans cranky attitude, though, so your mileage and Blingy Cool Factor may vary.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
Ed Hardy is a garish tattoo inspiring clothing line popular primarily with gangsters and teenage wannbee ballers...... because nothing says I'm a tough man like pulling out your Bedazzler and putting more rhinestones on your hoodie than a Vegas drag queen could ever dream of owning
HAHAHAHAAHA... that's great!