Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #4661
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Red face Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Paul is running way behind.
I just hit four weeks and nothing yet.
In the past, they would ship within two to three weeks.
Seems everyone is slammed.
I ordered mine on dec 26. I emailed Paul on Friday and he said my holster will be going in the mail Monday
Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #4662
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
Yea that is what his website says than he emailed me too. Do you get the standard cant? I went with that but was thinking if upping it some to his better.
I got the standard clip one with 15* cant for my CW45
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #4663
TNT009

No panic buying because I'm not paying triple prices for a magazine or crazy prices for ammo!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #4664
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Holy crap, seriously, you got 2? I need to do the Google Chrome thingy
If you really want the edge, get another extension called LastPass. Set a hotkey in the settings for default form fill with your CC info. I did it on my second one, worked like a charm.
Practice first with a grip, you don't have to check out all the way.

Also don't forget to set the page monitor refresh time down to 5 seconds. I used Two computers refrshing at an offset time so it was closer to every 2.5 seconds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #4665
Drez
The Warden

Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
My Ar and Remington 870 are black synthetic, my SKS is Flat Dark Earth Tapco, been wanting to ditch the wood furniture in the WASR for a while.
when you do let me know i might take it off your hands.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #4666
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Hehehe, my fiance complains I never do anything half assed (sometimes a good thing, sometimes not!). I figured if I'm going to waste any time trying to get it, then I was going to GET IT, not just "sorta try" and lose to someone else who wanted to get it more

Yep, check the pics a posted a page back. That's exactly what you get, just a stripped lower. They got the license from whoever owns the resident evil franchise to use the Umbrella Corp logo and name. So the manufacurer is listed as "Umbrella Corporation". It is also reputed to be a top quality part.

Depending on your taste in movies, your oppinion on it could varry from being "super badass" to "huh, what's the big deal?"

I'm working on building a pair of nicer quality ARs (one 16", one 20") so this will compliment the serenty lower nicely
Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome Francis... I loved the movies... Now I just have to see if there are any half-life custom lowers...

Anyone else have cool custom logo's icons on theirs? I know Justin does...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #4667
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Awesome Francis... I loved the movies... Now I just have to see if there are any half-life custom lowers...

Anyone else have cool custom logo's icons on theirs? I know Justin does...
I do I do (again). hehehe
From Serenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
New lower for my 3gun AR is in

Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #4668
Robulous78

really cool Francis...

I wonder what others there must be out there...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #4669
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Make your own

I met a guy today local at my gun show that engraves lowers. $50/side. He'll also do something that's apparently impossible to find, he'll engrave the front edge of the magwell. Says he has to take apart his laser and pull out the bottom of it then line the lower up backwards. Charges $80, but says he'll do it.

http://www.thunderboltgunworks.com
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #4670
Robulous78

SICK... Does he do color also? I know this is super dorky... but I would LOVE a lower with a Half Life 2: Civil Patrol gas mask on the side... LOL

Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #4671
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
SICK... Does he do color also? I know this is super dorky... but I would LOVE a lower with a Half Life 2: Civil Patrol gas mask on the side... LOL
email him

his business partner, (and judging from the names, his brother), was setup in the booth next to him. one does laser etching. one does duracoating. They live in neighboring towns and work together on projects.

Sounded like his AR prices were reasonable from what I was understanding. I didn't get a quote from him b/c I don't have my full prject speced out yet.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #4672
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Got the LC9 all cleaned up after shooting just over 300 rounds through it today with the wife. Her idea to go today!

Man, I want another hand gun.. Prolly another 9mm.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #4673
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Anyone dealt with https://samcoglobal.com/index.html before?

I would like to get more 9mm ammo.. I just got 1k in, but with through 300 today.. I want to get some on order.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #4674
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post

I would like to get more 9mm ammo.. I just got 1k in, but with through 300 today.. I want to get some on order.
Not that this helps much but as memory serves Samco has been around for quite a few years. (That always gives me some confidence in ordering stuff from an outfit for the first time.)
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #4675
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post

Its been a couple years, bought a lot of high end Mauser's from them and the were the only source at one time for the nicest of the nice Yugo sks's. they are known in the collector world for higher end C&R firearms.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #4676
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Color it yourself, I did my wife's with acrylic paint, toothpick, q-tip, paper towel and paint or nail polish remover.

color by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #4677
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

woohoo. The UPS fairy was kind today... Magpul MOE LPK came in from palmetto, and the 16" middy upper came in from Aim Surplus, including that impossible to find part, the bolt carrier group. looks like it's an m16 style one too. And I can go pick up my serenity lower tonight.

So now the fun part, taking that gaggle of parts, throwing them up in the air, and watching a complete rifle land on the ground :d

Only thing lacking is a low profile gas block and new rail... but that will be trickier, because I don't have any means of measuring torque on the new barrel nut
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #4678
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Color it yourself, I did my wife's with acrylic paint, toothpick, q-tip, paper towel and paint or nail polish remover.

color by emopunker2004, on Flickr
That's pretty bad ass... Didn't know it could be done at home... Did you have to get anything special done with the etching to do it? Like deeper or something?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #4679
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
That's pretty bad ass... Didn't know it could be done at home... Did you have to get anything special done with the etching to do it? Like deeper or something?
Nope. It's the stock roll mark from spikes tactical. Just google coloring in ar15 rollmark, would most likely work different for a lazer engraving, not sure.

Last edited by emopunker2004; 01-28-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #4680
Robulous78

Yo Justin & Francis...

Wanted to ask you if you would happen to know anything about this knife from the new Resident Evil Movie... I can't make up my mind if its real (ie commercially available) or a unique prop... Thought you might know Francis from your love of the movies...

[IMG] knife by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Closed Thread