Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default "It's the bomb!"

Whenever an underdog/obscure/artsy movie gets the Best Picture Oscar, I think of that line in my topic title from "The Naked Gun 33-1/3".

In fact if I stumble across the Academy Awards show by mistake, I look for Leslie Nielsen, Priscilla Presley, Raquel Welch, etc before changing the channel.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: "It's the bomb!"

Have not seen Parasite yet, so cannot make an informed comment.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Watched Parasite last night. Very, very good and easily worth the nomination but left me in not such a great mood. It's not a feel good story, lol.

I reckon I prefer Once Upon a Time and Joker. I guess cause I was smiling at the end of those.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

To be honest, of all the noted "small" pictures I am more interested in seeing Jojo Rabbit.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:18 PM   #5
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
To be honest, of all the noted "small" pictures I am more interested in seeing Jojo Rabbit.

Interestingly enough, I'm watching that tonight. The trailers have had me rolling!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

LMK what you think. My interest is piqued because one of my favorite novels is The Tin Drum. and the premise of Jojo reminds me of that.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #7
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
LMK what you think. My interest is piqued because one of my favorite novels is The Tin Drum. and the premise of Jojo reminds me of that.
Definitely, nothing at all like The Tin Drum.

After watching it, I think the trailers were a bit misleading. It has it's funny moments, some silly moments that were just kinda "blah" and looked like they were thrown in after the fact, and some deep moments & sad times. I hate this description but it's almost a "coming of age" story for a little, wannabe Nazi. Learning what the world really is instead of believing the propaganda. Scarlett Johansson is fantastic as Jojo's mother. The kid that plays Jojo is great.

Not bad at all but Best Film nomination? I don't think so. Downloadable for future viewing, yep.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #8
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Tks for the review. Hey, I did not expect Citizen Kane, but I will check it out down the line.