Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Life. Rebooted.

Many of my BOTL/SOTL's know that the last few years have been a broken elevator ride to the basement.

Loss of family, parent, house, job etc....

The last 9 weeks I have spent back home taking care of my Mom as she recovers from knee surgery. During this time I have been trying to find work in Illinois (where I live and my children live) to no avail.

My Mom, unfortunately has a myriad of issues, some discovered over the last few weeks, and some becoming more apparent as I spend more time with her, that require her to have someone watch over her.

The state of Illinois has been providing my way of life through unemployment, but that comes to an end in the next week.

After many hours of thought, I have decided to relocate back to Indiana and stay with my Mom. No job and no money have influenced this as well.

I had to tell my daughters this weekend. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do.

So I go, to start over again, to reboot my life. Find a job and back to school.

Many bad decisions have been made, and hopefully, I am not as stubborn as I think I am and will learn from those.

I post this here because this place, in the three years ( 1 at CS) I have been here has become a place to laugh and forget some of things going on. A blissful escape at times. I have made new friends, learned new things and shared many a cigar. I mainly post this here because it feels good to get it out, to share it, accept responsibility for things.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life. Rebooted.

Hang in there Sean. Doors are gonna open brother!!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

You're good people, Sean. Hang in there as you don't know what's to come. Best of luck to your mom. Chin up...we all know the one thing to count on is change.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Will keep you and your family in prayer. Perhaps a new start with work great for you.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Good luck brother. This economy has been pretty rough on a lot of people. Just had a buddy finally pull out of some rough times so keep the faith that it will all fall in place in due time. It does seem like the economy is slowly but surely getting better. Just hoping this spill in the Gulf doesn't put us back into a tailspin.
I am sure your mother will appreciate you coming to help her and for that I am sure karma will take care of you and before you know it you will be back on your feet and will eventually look back on this experience and appreciate where your at even more. Wishing you the best of luck with your reboot.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Good luck with everything Sean. Can't wait to be able to share a cigar with you my friend.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Best of luck, Sean. A drastic change in life is never easy - especially moving further away from your children. Hang in there. And know that the inmates are here for you.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Prayers and thoughts sent, for you, your family and your mother. Let us know if we can do anything.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I have been liberated from my job twice in the past couple of years and I know the stress but moving from your kids I would imagine is the hardest thing to face. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this reboot is what it takes to turn things back in your favor.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Good luck on your move and stay positive. Hopefully something will come around for you.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

Sending good karma your way Brother! In the long run I hope everything turns out the way you want it to. Good luck Sean!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #12
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

We have just officially added a second border to the MoB territory.

Sean, we will always be here for you, and support whatever you decide. I am glad you are here, and glad to call you my friend.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #13
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Good luck with everything Sean.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:14 AM   #14
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Hoping and praying for good things to come your way, Sean.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #15
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck on the relocation and reboot!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #16
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Everything positive heading your way Brother!
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #17
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Sean, you are a great BOTL. Good luck sir!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #18
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

on the move and the job search Sean. I know we talked a bit about this when you stopped in for a smoke. You're welcome to stop in anytime my friend. Mi Casa su Casa (sp?)
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #19
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Wishing you and your family all the best. I can't even imagine how hard it must be......hang tight bro.
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #20
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Best wishes to you! I pray that your life becomes what you want it to be!