Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default CI Legend black by La Aurora

The CI Legends series is a series of cigars, all toro's in a 5.7 x 54 size except for the Perdomo blend which is a torpedo, made by several well known cigar makers especially for the online retailer cigarsinternational. By the color of the band you can see who the maker is, too bad they don't mention it on the band, you need to check the website before you know who made the specific blend. So far I smoked the CI Legend yellow by Don Pepin and the CI Legend red by Perdomo and now it's time for the CI Legend black by La Aurora.

As mentioned before, this is a 5.7 x 54 toro, wrapped in cellophane. Once unwrapped I see a chocolate brown cigar with some veins that smells like wood, hay and pepper. The cigar, made of corojo and Cubano piloto tobacco from Nicaragua has a good construction and a fine predraw that releases some raisin flavor with a lot of white pepper.

I can taste a medium full coffee flavor that changes into an earthy flavor quickly with a very mild chocolate that disappears after two puffs. The flavor stays the same, they just grow a bit in strength but it's just earthy flavors with a hint of chocolate every now and then.

Right before the middle point of the cigar I can taste some wood breaking through the earthy flavors but it disappears just as quickly as it showed up. At the ⅔ mark the ash breaks and I can taste the wood again with the earthy flavors and the incidental chocolate.

The cigar produces plenty of smoke but the burn is pretty crooked and I had to correct it a few times. The ash is pepper and salt colored and quite firm. The draw is just fine. I would rate the cigar medium to full bodied and medium flavored and I would like to add that the cigar is quite boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, this cigar was boring.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice
Default Re: CI Legend black by La Aurora

Thanks for the review Ferd. I wondered about these. I have yet to run into a La Aurora that I disliked. They seem to make solid cigars from their cheapest to the most expensive. I have had the Red, Yellow, and Maroon label Legends so far. My favorite is the Red, Yellow is pretty good too, the Maroon was plugged, so I don't know about that one. LOL
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I smoked the red and yellow too, and the yellow is my favorite by far. Also smoked the white but need to write the review (have it on paper, need to upload the pics and type the review), but I didn't care for that one either.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Ferdie. I too have smoked the red and yellow, I really liked the red. Yellow wasn't bad, but that red...mmmmmm.