Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #261
Wanger

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Caught up last night seeing Last week's episode and this week's.

The Red Woman: WTF!?!? Hot yet creepy.

When the hell is Joffrey going to get what he has coming to him? Beheading? Fried by a dragon? Tortured and removed from the throne for being the result of incest?

As for Daenerys, I hope we see more of her (and more of her, LOL). She's been a somewhat lost storyline this season, so far. That city was pretty cool to see after the gate opened. But that one Warlock was pretty damn creepy, if you ask me.

Looking forwarward to what goes on with the Knight's Watch.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #262
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I get the same vibe off that red witch....she is like one of those women you know you should NOT be messing with,
but it's late, you're drunk, and she is licking your earlobe. But you know you are going to get murdered.

As for Daenerys, the actress played her part SO WELL, when she was trying to get into the 'greatest city that ever
was or ever will be'. Her unease with being a royal-type in the presence of a person that says more than "Ugh" was
clear, and a HOOT to watch....she got the name of the city wrong, she looked several times like she had NO IDEA
what to say next, and until she got pi55ed off, she really was never able to be confident. It was a BLAST to watch,
so well acted. It's got to be hard to play that scene.

Geoffrey, when he picked up that mace with the stag's head on it, DAMN, I thought, you have GOT to be kidding me.
Oh yeah, he's going to go down. Maybe it will be sooner rather than a cliff-hanger "later" or last bash before season 3,
although I am sure they are going to play it like Walking Dead and screw it all up.

---Edit-----

Oh, and is it just me, or does that theme song just give you a massive "I'm gonna watch me some TV" boner?
I hear it and I start to get pumped up for me some Throne on throne action. Must be that cello...or just the
excellent period feel of the music piece.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #263
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Agreed on the opening music - fantastically done.

I just started this season, I like to wait a few episodes in so I can watch them in chunks. I've read the series so I know what's going to happen, but it's awesome to see play out on the screen anyway
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #264
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

That's definitely what I prefer now...it gives me the time to make a DVD worth writing, 2 episodes....
Once I get two down, I burn em and watch em. Normally I would say it helps to stay away from this thread,
but lately the whole board is snooze-city, so no risk of spoilage. This season is not near as fun to watch as
the first season, but you can tell they are setting up a huge glut of awesome stuff. As long as they don't HOLD
it for Season 3 I will be OK with it. I swear, Tyrion Lannister is written to be such a huge brain on that lil guy.
He cracks on people all day long, always has the last laugh on people, and even with these intensely manipulative
people all around him, he is still the strongest one of them all. JUST GREAT writing, not such good accent delivery,
though, lol. Actual British Islanders must be squirming around in their chairs to hear it. Of course, it's a make-believe
land, so maybe his accent is perfect, I don't know.

On the music side, I watched (and continue to re-watch) Band of Brothers, and from day 1, I could never make it through
the entire open to get to the show, I am fast forwarding as soon as the HBO logo is over.

THAT SONG??? I could watch it AND rewind it and watch it again I like it so much.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #265
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
This season is not near as fun to watch as
the first season
I recently re-watched season one.
Before I did, I remembered season one as being jam packed with awesomeness.
Now that I've seen it again, it actually starts out slow and steady for the first 4-6 episodes then explodes.
I'm hoping they have the same plan this year.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #266
OLS
Suck It

I would say you are right Dom, but I remember having my feet on the ground the whole time, feeling comfortable
with who was who and what was what. I like that safe feeling somewhat, especially in a show that I thought
strictly from the title, I would not care for. Once I saw a promo still and saw that Sean Bean was in it, I changed
my tune completely. FOR ONCE he got to play the good guy, and not a good guy who turned out to be the mole,
bad guy, villain, etc. I kept waiting for him to reveal he was actually a Lannister or something.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #267
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Did anybody who read the books expect something different from The Half-hand?

I have noticed the differences from the books and the show, but I was expecting something different with Qhorin.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #268
OLS
Suck It

I am sorry.....did the RAPTURE HAPPEN?? I accidentally read a MTV blog for GOT and I was SHOCKED at all that has
happened in the last 8-9 days AND NOT A PEEP outa this thread.

I need to quickly burn 5-6 tonight and watch em. I KNEW that dumb bi+ch shoulda left them dragons behind a rock
past the city limit sign!!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #269
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

This week's episode was pretty gory. I saw some guy get sliced open and his insides fell out. Not really into gore. However, things are definitely starting to pick up. I wonder if Little Finger recognized the Stark girl?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #270
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

yeah Kalisi or whatever her name is....she's getting kind of mouthy and entitled. I was happy to see her lose the Dragons, if only for a bit. We'll see.

One would think she wouldn't leave the Dragons alone though until they were capable of mass slaughter. They really are the only reason anyone speaks to her with any decency.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #271
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
They really are the only reason anyone speaks to her with any decency.
Nah, there are two other reasons...................
Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #272
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
Did anybody who read the books expect something different from The Half-hand?

I have noticed the differences from the books and the show, but I was expecting something different with Qhorin.
He is a lot slicker than I perceived him in the books, but I am warming to how he is being portrayed. No spoilers for those who haven't read the books, but the way he is portrayed on TV will fit better with his future activities.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #273
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
He is a lot slicker than I perceived him in the books, but I am warming to how he is being portrayed. No spoilers for those who haven't read the books, but the way he is portrayed on TV will fit better with his future activities.
That was what I was getting into.

He is the one character that seemed out of place for me. Well he and Loras Tyrel.

For those who have read the books, whom are you most looking forward to seeing? Of course without posting any spoilers.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #274
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I recently re-watched season one.
Before I did, I remembered season one as being jam packed with awesomeness.
Now that I've seen it again, it actually starts out slow and steady for the first 4-6 episodes then explodes.
I'm hoping they have the same plan this year.
I know that they spent a lot of their budget and shooting time recording the big, climatic battle at the end of this season. So it's guaranteed that we'll have a large, movie-like, battle scene for the 1st time
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #275
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

I just started watching this last week, and I am in to S2 E4 already.

I love this show I can't wait to be caught up.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #276
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Did you guys see the Game of Thrones parody they did on SNL the other week? It's pretty funny. Check it out:

http://screencrush.com/snl-game-of-thrones/
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #277
OLS
Suck It

They did a similar one a few months back about Downton Abbey that made a matched set, pretty good.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #278
Wanger

Watched the last 2 episodes last night. DAMN, its getting good! How about the events in Qhorin...that was a bit of a surprise, to me. Mind you, I haven't read any moer into the books for several months.

And the wildling...nice to see what she was hiding under there.

I so want to give a few opinions, but don't want to give anything anything away for those who didn't see last night.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #279
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Never read any of the books, but loving this series. My girlfriend is totally into it.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #280
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all