Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default 4 Tour Farm Operator - Torpedo

4 Tour Farm Operator
6 x 52 Torpedo (I am guessing on size as it isn’t listed and I did not measure it. It was smoked while sitting in a deer blind.)

Makers comments on this line of cigars. Every cigar smoker loves a “barber pole” cigar. These cigars are flavorful and always a good conversation piece. 4 Tour Farm has taken this style to another level and we feel we have developed a truly unique blend. We use Dominican San Victor and Olar as filler and then bind it all with Cuban Seed Dominican leaves. Afterwards, we search for only the best dark San Andres we have and combine it with an exquisite Connecticut Shade leaf to use as wrappers which makes this a true delight to smoke. We call this cigar “The Operator” for a very good reason. This is the cigar everyone wants –dark, strong and spicy while just smooth enough to get you into trouble.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics:
This is a great barber pole cigar, with Colorado maduro and a light mahogany Connecticut intertwined to embrace this torpedo, always an appealing shape.
Score for aesthetics: 4.8

2) Pre-light Construction: Firm to the touch with a solid heft to it and fairly easy draw after cutting. To the nose, there are hints of spice and sweetness that come from the foot.
Score for Pre-light construction: 4.0

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: A fairly flaky, grey, ash forms as wonderful amounts of smoke flow forth. It is nice when a cigar burns without requiring touch-ups, this one wasn’t perfect, but was decent fore being outside.
Score for post-light construction: 3.6

4) Flavor and strength: Again there was a complexity to this 4Tour Farm stick, like the others I smoked. There was a mild spice and a wonderful earthiness throughout. I was expecting some strength as it was hinted at in the description, but never really found it to develop in either nicotine or in flavor, but it was exceptionally smooth.
Score for flavor and strength: 4.6

5) Aftertaste/Finish:
Smooth earthiness that lingers ephemerally.
Score for aftertaste/finish: 4.4

6) Aroma:
Being outside, with a light breeze flowing through the deer blind, the aroma was rather fleeting, but what there was is best described as earthy with hints of sweetness.
Score for aroma: 4.3

7) General Comments: I enjoyed this smoke as it lingered for a good hour and a half. It was a good smoke.
Overall score for the cigar: 4.5

8) Recommendation: I would recommend you try these for yourself, they are well worth it.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 4 Tour Farm Operator - Torpedo

Great review, Todd!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote