Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
tnip23
New Patriotic Dissenter

First Name: Troy
Trading: (2)
Partagas
tnip23 is on a distinguished road
Default Cigar Dave

Has anybody ever listened to this guy? I have Sirius on my computer and was looking through the talk programs and found this:

Quote:
Often referred to as the Sultan of Smoke, the Professor of Puff, the Cigar Sommelier, and the Connoisseur-in-Chief. Cigar Dave caters to cigar lovers far and wide. Loyal followers known as "Cigar Lieutenants" tune in for news and information about cigars, spirits, and other lifestyle diversions. Call the show Saturdays at 888-SMOKE-THIS.
They had him in the political talk section on Sirius Patriot, which is the conservative talk channel.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigar Dave

not the biggest fan I like dogwatch a lot more
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about

I won't listen to anyone who doesn't smoke a whole cigar because "the first half is the best" ROFLMAO!
N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Pat1075
Feeling at Home

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (11)
HUpmann
Pat1075 is on a distinguished road

I used to listen to him if I was in the car when he was on. And we'll listen to him at the shop once in a while but now its football season so its a football talk show in his time slot.
Pat1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road

I listened to about 5 minutes of this podcast http://www.cigardave.com/theatre/2008/11-08-08-1.html

I think cigar Dave = Loser!
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

His show does come from a very politically conservative slant... but I do find the show interesting when it is mostly cigar content.

Dogwatch is a better show, IMHO.

I actually was a caller to the Cigar Dave show back in February of 2007. He offered to send me a box of smokes. I stayed on after the call and gave my address and all to his call screener - and never received the smokes!

After a couple of months, I tried e-mailing them. After a couple more months, I e-mailed again. E-mailed a few more times and called and left a message. Never got the first response of any kind. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
dannyboy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (31)
Trinidad
dannyboy will become famous soon enough

I enjoy it when its about cigars, but most of the time it is about politics. I need to try Dogwatch Dale, after reading all these good things here.
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Much prefer Dog Watch...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #9
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I try and listen to http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/ when I can, but it's usually a long show, sometimes more than one cigars worth.

I also watch Walt, Jerry, and Brian's reviews at www.stogiereview.com along with their YQMA and other content. Plus they have links to a lot of other podcasts.

I'll listen to Cigar Dave in the truck if I'm driving somewhere on a Saturday morning, but I won't go out of my way to listen to it.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
tnip23
New Patriotic Dissenter

First Name: Troy
Partagas
tnip23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz77 View Post
I listened to about 5 minutes of this podcast http://www.cigardave.com/theatre/2008/11-08-08-1.html

I think cigar Dave = Loser!
I have to admit, even agreeing with his political point of view, it was hard to listen to that podcast very long. It sounds like he is trying to copy Rush, without having Rush's broadcasting talent, sense of humor, and political savvy. I like the concept of a cigar show with a political slant, and Rush could probably pull it off, but I don't know about this guy.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

I listen to Burgherfers.com
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Advnture View Post
I won't listen to anyone who doesn't smoke a whole cigar because "the first half is the best" ROFLMAO!
That would have been Winston Churchill
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Cigar Dave

I tend to smoke my cigars backwards... that way I get the best part first and if I am pressed for time I got the best part in... Also, smoking the end first helps extend the best part to the front of the cigar by allowing the oily smokey goodness to infuse the worst part of the cigar...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

He's got his own little world and group of followers. I've listened before and will listen in LIVE at the Ybor Cigar Heritage Festival this Saturday!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #15
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
He's got his own little world and group of followers. I've listened before and will listen in LIVE at the Ybor Cigar Heritage Festival this Saturday!!
I have never listened but will be with FFF on Saturday an wil post my opinion when I return
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
Squid
Old Man Herfer

Trading: (1)
VR Navy (Retired)
Squid has disabled reputation

I've listened to the show on XM Radio...in fact, a couple of them as i was driving out of town towards the lake.

I agree with most; however, I enjoy the Dogwatch Social Club much better, so I download some Podcasts of their most recent shows.

I find Cigar Dave to be much like Marvin Shanken, Editor/Publisher of Cigar Aficionado...VERY arrogant and pompous. Essentially very full of themselves.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #18
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Cigar Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
I've listened to the show on XM Radio...in fact, a couple of them as i was driving out of town towards the lake.

I agree with most; however, I enjoy the Dogwatch Social Club much better, so I download some Podcasts of their most recent shows.

I find Cigar Dave to be much like Marvin Shanken, Editor/Publisher of Cigar Aficionado...VERY arrogant and pompous. Essentially very full of themselves.
I use to listen to him while I ran errands for the wife while I was in the car. I use to think he was cool when he would talk about the cigars. I then grew up and realized that he was pompous which is how I gather he gets his listening audience. He could do a better job of promoting cigar smoking but I think he likes to hear himself talk.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #19
JohnRogers
I Still Ash On My Self

First Name: John
AirForce (Active)
JohnRogers is on a distinguished road

I dig the Cigar Dave Show, I do lean libertarian-right so its makes it easier for me to enjoy. I can see that he may give people a douche bag vibe but I don't take him all that seriously. He does tackle cigar legislation which is important to all of us, if not for Cigar Dave I may never have enjoyed the Brick House Mighty-Mighty Maduro, he does discuss some interesting beverage pairings.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #20
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I've never listened to his show, but having experienced this guy at IPCPR, he is pretty inconsiderate and rude. Running around the show, shoving cameras and microphones in manufacturers faces right when they're talking to retailers trying to do business...I don't know. The guy just left a really bad impression on me.