Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Costa
Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Macanudo - any good?

Received this as a gift from one of our international sales guys. From his humidor, was a very nice gesture. I have to say it smells, fantastic. I have never seen a Macanudo in a coffin, anyone every have one of these? TIA.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Macanudo - any good?

Nothing like bringing up the oldest adage here...Smoke and and tell US how it is.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Costa
Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Nothing like bringing up the oldest adage here...Smoke and and tell US how it is.
Haha. I have to say Brad, it smells awesome! I may take him to my favorite cigar bar tomorrow night, so I may just bring it with me. He seems to know cigars pretty well.....
Old 12-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

I actually saw one of these today. Haven't smoked that particular one before though.

With everyone of these that burns their numbers in this world grow fewer.

I can tell you this is s special cigar.

You know what to do with special cigars? Smoke them!
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Macapupoo - any good?

The only Mac I have found that I like is the 1968. It took a buddy of mine to buy it for me for me to try it. @ $10.... it was more like a $7 cigar.

I have never had the one you have.... It may be good, it may not.... only one way to find out!!
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I have not had one, but it sure looks good. Smoke it and let us know.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

It's a nice mild cigar. A fine gift and nice presentation. After all, it's the thought that counts.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Not sure if I have any of the 1993 vintage's left. Still have a few 1988's, half a box of 1997's, half a box of 2000's. I've looked for the 1982 vintages. never found any! Had a few of the 1993's in the past, but were not the one's in the coffin. Enjoy it, and let us know!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
It's a nice mild cigar. A fine gift and nice presentation. After all, it's the thought that counts.
If he knows you're not a regular cigar smoker, he was looking out for you. Much better to give a really nice mild cigar than something that will make you throw up.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
guitar4001
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
VR Army (Active)
guitar4001 is on a distinguished road

i have had no interest in macanoodles. too mild and too pricey. The market keeps them on the shelves, so I guess they have some fans.
guitar4001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I am in the minority here in that I like Macanudos very much, in all their incarnations. Some are better than others, but they are all good imo. I'm sure this one will be a special smoke, so enjoy it without any presuppositions!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Not sure if I have any of the 1993 vintage's left. Still have a few 1988's, half a box of 1997's, half a box of 2000's. I've looked for the 1982 vintages. never found any! Had a few of the 1993's in the past, but were not the one's in the coffin. Enjoy it, and let us know!!!
You mean the 79's?

I'll bring some to the beach in January.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

Yep, I purchased 2 of these from the Tinder Box in Columbus many many moons ago. They had something like a 30 dollar sticker on them but were "on sale" for 12 bucks a piece. The one was smoked right away, and the other rested at the bottom of my humidor for a few years. (I think I may still have one of the coffins around here somewhere). They were both very mild, a little nutty, and "typical Macanudo." Leaving the one in my humidor really didn't change much from what I could tell, but a light smoke in the morning with a coffee or tea matches pretty nice. I'm not a big Mac fan, but I was at one time when I started out (portofinos) and still have friends who won't smoke anything else.

Try it out and let us know what ya think.

**side note, the one left in the humi for some time had developed a little stickyness on the inside of the cello that I noticed when it was removed. I don't know what that was about, but it smoked fine.