Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #1201
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I go old school...

I am not that good
Old 12-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #1202
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  11.4 KB

Think I'll get this.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #1203
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
I am not that good
Practice my young Padiwan Learner...practice!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #1204
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 456
Size:  18.2 KB

I love a deal and some Myerco knives were on sale at my part time, grabbed this little flipper to throw in my bug out bag, flips like an auto, sharp as hell and has a built in flint...about $2
Old 01-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #1205
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 349
Size:  19.1 KB
Old 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #1206
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 281
Size:  17.5 KB

Got this larger Myerco Mossberg branded knife for my camping gear so I am not banging on my $200 Hogue ...again flips like an auto, nice and sharp and at $5....score!!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #1207
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 265
Size:  17.2 KB
Old 01-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #1208
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Attachment 16424

I love a deal and some Myerco knives were on sale at my part time, grabbed this little flipper to throw in my bug out bag, flips like an auto, sharp as hell and has a built in flint...about $2
Nice!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #1209
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Nice!
Want one? I will check tomorrow and see if they still have them.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #1210
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Want one? I will check tomorrow and see if they still have them.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #1211
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

I grew up carrying mid to large sized folders. (benchmade mini griptillian, SOG Vulcan). It just seemed natural to have a full sized tool. But I moved to Venezuela 3 years ago, and legal blade size is limited to 5cm / 1.95". *DOH*! Many Europeans are in a similar situation, and further limited legally to only carry folders without locking mechanisms.

So I thought I'd contribute an enthusiastic plug for my current EDC, a Boker Plus Subcom Titan. If you're in any situation where you need a smaller knife due to work/legal/whatever, this is the "small" knife that replaced my big one!

I won't go into detailed reviews, plenty of those to be found. I'll just share what it is to me. It's a sharp blade for the price, short but very tall. The wide, square geometry of the blade and the handle makes it feel very full and VERY secure in the hand. I'd handled full size folders that felt less secure in the hand than this one. The overall knife is not very thick, so it sits flat and unobtrusively in the pocket. The solid, perfectly designed geometry means that I can deploy it one handed very quickly without much thought, and likewise close it one handeded without too much effort. Yeah, not as quick as my Benchmade, but not slow either! This also happens to be one of the few liner/frame lock style knives I like.

Boker makes two versions (and a plethora of sub-variants). A regular plastic handled version, and a titanium handled. I picked up both, because I usually go for functionality over looks. To my surprise, I discovered the plastic thumb stud design was my deciding factor between the two. The plastic version is very popular, with plenty of good reviews... but dang it all, I just couldn’t open and close it comfortably with one hand! I really DISliked the regular subcom, which surprised me.

The Titan seems to come in two variants now. A becoming harder to find $33 version with 440C steel (mine), and a $67 version with VG-10 steel. I'm perfectly happy with the 440C on mine, given the size and pricing. I don't feel any urge to upgrade.

If you're in the market for physically smallest knife possible that still feels like 90% of a full size knife, THIS. IS. THE. ONE.
If you don't care about physical size dimensions, only legality, Boker makes a "Boker Plus Nano" knife now that may be worth checking out. It's much bigger, but the same legal sized sub-2" blade.

IF you're in a country or municipality that does not allow lockback folders, then any folder in the boker line with the "42" designation is what you want. They make them for the Subcom and the Nano. Once again, be warned, if you pick up a boker knife with "42" in the name, IT IS NOT LOCKING. I'm planning on purchasing a Subcom 42 sometime this year for use in future European travel.

Subcom F
Thumb stud doesn’t feel right in the hand, can’t comfortably open one handed.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DONF53W

Subcom Titan (440C)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037F34R6

Subcom Titan (VG-10)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUIA51S

Subcom Titan 42 (440C)
Appears to be dissapearing fast from markets, not even around on ebay, just the plastic versions.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QUVWU4
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LTS66U

Nano
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEUDEDS

Nano 42
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AIP813A
Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #1212
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

the requisite pics

Compared to a AA battery

Old 01-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #1213
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

3-finger grip, but because the body is so wide, it's a SOLID grip.
I have SMALL hands, wear size S gloves usually.

Compared to my SOG Mini Vulcan (3" blade). You can see how the frame of the boker is thinner and sits flatter in a pocket, YET is wider than the full-size SOG, giving it a great full feeling in the hand.

CRKT Minimalist thrown in for pic comparison as well.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #1214
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Nice write up Francis
Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #1215
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #1216
Preacher
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Ed
Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
Preacher is on a distinguished road

I carry a Zero Tolerance ZT300 daily
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #1217
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

I have a nice collection of Case knives my dad, grandfather and I have been working on. Love they way they look and feel, and its nice to know they've been in great men's hands.

I'll try to grab a couple pics tonight.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #1218
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Here's one I haven't posted yet. It is a button lock flipper by Rod Olson out of Canada.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #1219
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by issues View Post
Here's one I haven't posted yet. It is a button lock flipper by Rod Olson out of Canada.

Now That's A Knife!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #1220
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Thought I would dust this old thread off and add a few new pics.