Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Football season is time for talking smack. Wasn't being hostile just having fun and butting in. You know how passionate everyone is about their teams. Any team no matter how good is beatable any time they walk on the field is all I am saying. The MIZZOU can't compete or handle the SEC talk is just old and it isn't just fans. Some of these sportscaster guys are so biased it drives me nuts listening to them. I think MU will surprise a lot of people and doubters this year. If any of you come to town for a game hit me up. We might wear different colors but we can smoke some sticks and annoy the crap out of each other talking smack. I will be at every home game this year. Can't wait to see all the new teams we play.

By the way Georgia is one of my favorite teams to watch because I love the way they play. Really excited about Saturday's game. I am also a huge Iowa Hawkeyes fan.

P.S. - I know NC isn't in the SEC. Was just making a point about the doubters at the time including the sportscasters.

Last edited by jsnake; 09-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #42
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

As a Husker fan, I hope Mizzou chokes on their new venture in the SEC. I work with alot of loud mouthed Tigger fans and they never have a valid argument on why they think they are better than the Huskers. I back up my arguments with facts, they just say NU are cheaters and full of criminals. Hope the Dawgs put a hurting on them.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #43
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
Can't wait until all you holier than thou guys eat your words when MIZZOU puts a surprise whoop ass on all your teams. All you guys and your teams are cocky and have no where to go but down. Walk into the ZOU thinking you have the game won already would be a huge mistake. Missouri has no where to go but up.

North Carolina thought they were going to walk into the Independence Bowl last year and win just by showing up. Listening to the joke they call sportscasters, they dogged the crap out of MIZZOU about how tough of a loss this game was going to be because no way they were going to beat NC. By the second half the idiot sportscasters and the entire NC team had no idea what was going on or how to deal with it.

Georgia is going down in Columbia on Saturday and I will be there to enjoy every minute of it.

Missouri is 19-8-1 all time against SEC teams. This includes a very impressive 7-2 record against SEC teams in bowl games. Just recently Missouri beat South Carolina in the 2005 Independence Bowl and beat Arkansas in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.
Actually, there's only one of us that fits that bill, but carry on...
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #44
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Actually, there's only one of us that fits that bill, but carry on...
Hey now wait one darn minute.......

PERSONALLY, and I will get no help here, I kind of LIKE the attitude. Misguided, sure, and Michael, classic line,
congratulations on beating a basketball school, lolol...

But that kind of bravado and challenge is what makes this thread so popular throughout the year. I could care
less who I insult in SEC 2012 thread, and they F-ing KNOW IT. This is not a thread on how to cut a cigar, it's a
GD football thread. And the SEC at that! WE ARE football, you can bet we ARE holier than thou. As Michael
always points out in post #1, the records speak for themselves. The best game of the year for Ole Miss is when
they go to some bowl and murder some team that considers them the bottom of the SEC and treats em like it.
People here call me obnoxious because A.) I am, and B.), I pull for the team they consider the most objectionable.
But they, like the classic bible quote, can't see the log in their own eye. Is ANY SEC fan worse than a Bama lover,
for whom total obnoxiousity is simply fandom? Who else would go out and kill an innocent grove of trees to snub
the other team? THAT'S FANDOM. (I guess there are times when stealing a goat is just not enough anymore.)
But you tolerate me and I tolerate you because we have to. This is a civilized board with civilized rules. I have
the right to be as bad as you. And in the end the only one I ever permanently put on ignore is not even a SEC fan.

It's all good as far as I'm concerned. Sure the Championship game hurt badly for me. I never dreamed it was possible
to lay an egg in that situation. But we did. (and by the way I finally found out what "the Ship" was....that confused
the ship out of me.) I thought they were implying the Superdome looked like a spaceship, lol. CHAMP-ion-SHIP...derh.

Talking ship is what we do on this thread. I am cool with ALL OF IT. But this year we will see if those who dish, can
also take, ship. This year, however, I might not talk too much about Bama-LSU before the game....that game in the
dome really messed me up psychologically....and I didn't have much farther to go in that regard.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #45
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

And I DO have to say, ONE DAY I will let that Auburn Tree issue drop, but I just can't yet.
I am a true lover of nature and my jaw dropped when I heard how low a fan would stoop
to get a dig on another school. I am sure alcohol was involved, and low intellect, and
maybe a serial killer, instead of killing coeds, found another outlet for his kitten-killing
urges. And I do understand that it in no way represents the level Alabama fans in general
are prepared to drop to hate on Auburn. But it is a HUUUUUuuuge deal to me still, and
again, one day I will just drop it. But as of 2012, not yet. That was just wrong on
every level and it is nearly impossible to shake it from my head. I grew up in a city that is
renowned for it's beautiful thousand year old oak trees, and I can't imagine an idiot could possibly
believe he had the right to kill something that could have been alive LONG before his parents were
conceived and should have been around hundreds of years after he was gone. Its just not right.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #46
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
Trading: (6)
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

What is 100 yards long and has 3 teeth? The front row at an Alabama home game.

Did you hear about the Rebel fans that missed last years game? They saw a sign that said "LSU LEFT" so they went home.

Why did LSU replace the stadium grass with astroturf? To keep the cheerleaders from grazing during the games.

What is the definition of safe sex down at LSU?
Placing a sign on the animals that kick...

Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #47
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

My original comment was just in reference to fans and not anyone here specifically. The responses are great though. It is all in good fun and I enjoy good smack talk during football season. Some of it is kind of educational too. These schools all have rich traditions and history.

I trolled this thread last year and found it very entertaining. Now I get to be the new guy. Hopefully I won't spend the entire season in the corner with my foot in my mouth. I think I will be doing some of this actually while the rest of you think I need this

There is always a Nebraska Cornholer fan somewhere that has to throw in their . You just have to understand they have nothing to live for in this God Forsaken state. Lincoln Nebraska has a football stadium and that is about it. Nothing better then waking up in my hotel in the morning here in Stinkin after a Cornholer loss. You would swear everyone's mother died. Go Hawkeyes!
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #48
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I live in Missouri . I root for the Huskers. Why? Because Missouri wouldn't know a good football team if it bit them in the ass. Some of us in Missouri have taste. The others root for good ol Mizzou. And speaking of a basketball school, isn't that the only sport the Tiggers are "decent" at? But I digress. Nebraska fans can sleep comfortably knowing Mizzou will never be in the same class as NU. Good luck and enjoy being a cellar dwellar in the SEC, much like you were in the Big 8.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #49
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
My original comment was just in reference to fans and not anyone here specifically. The responses are great though. It is all in good fun and I enjoy good smack talk during football season. Some of it is kind of educational too. These schools all have rich traditions and history.

I trolled this thread last year and found it very entertaining. Now I get to be the new guy. Hopefully I won't spend the entire season in the corner with my foot in my mouth. I think I will be doing some of this actually while the rest of you think I need this
Live and learn brother, no worries! I'm excited as well to have new blood in the SEC to add even more nuances and energy. Looks to be a fun year
Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #50
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
There is always a Nebraska Cornholer fan somewhere that has to throw in their . You just have to understand they have nothing to live for in this God Forsaken state. Lincoln Nebraska has a football stadium and that is about it. Nothing better then waking up in my hotel in the morning here in Stinkin after a Cornholer loss. You would swear everyone's mother died. Go Hawkeyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
I live in Missouri . I root for the Huskers. Why? Because Missouri wouldn't know a good football team if it bit them in the ass. Some of us in Missouri have taste. The others root for good ol Mizzou. And speaking of a basketball school, isn't that the only sport the Tiggers are "decent" at? But I digress. Nebraska fans can sleep comfortably knowing Mizzou will never be in the same class as NU. Good luck and enjoy being a cellar dwellar in the SEC, much like you were in the Big 8.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #52
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

What's the difference between a litter of puppies and Mizzou fans?

Eventually puppies grow up and stop whining.

Anyway, Auburn vs MSU should be one of the better games of the weekend IMO.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #53
Powers

Bolivar

You mean the Mississippi State team that had a little trouble with the fog machine last Saturday:

Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #54
OLS
Suck It

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...ehhh...eh...ahh.
Woo, that was good for an actual LOL, there, thanks Michael.
I had just read ManinBlack's rant and was feeling a little uncomfortable and
popcorn-eat-ey myself. I really needed that. Nothing a trip to NO in a few
hours won't cure, too. HI-yo. Closest I will get is the turnoff, though, I am
headed to the swamps instead.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
You mean the Mississippi State team that had a little trouble with the fog machine last Saturday:

Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #56
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Interesting development in Georgia vs Mizzou

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rs-sources-say
Old 09-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #57
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Partagas

I hate it when it give the Tiggers the edge in this. Damn.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #58
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

MSU is looking good. Looks like they couldfit into that second tier in the SEC this season. They have a decent shot at going undefeated and being in the top 25 perhaps heading into their game @ Bama later in the season. Looks like it's going to be a long year for Auburn. The Game Cocks are looking good too (although it is against ECU).
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #59
Powers

Bolivar

Whew, glad my Gators got outta there with a win.

My confidence in Muschamp is greatly increased, half time adjustments is the mark of a good coach. Dominating the line of scrimmage and running the ball was the difference in the second half. Watched the game with all Arkansas fans here in Fayetteville and a few that were talkin' trash about Florida had to eat there words later on. Hated to see the Razorbacks lose though, was hoping to see a top 10 matchup w/a crazy atmosphere next week when Bama comes in but it'll be a little less so now
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #60
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Whew, glad my Gators got outta there with a win.

My confidence in Muschamp is greatly increased, half time adjustments is the mark of a good coach. Dominating the line of scrimmage and running the ball was the difference in the second half. Watched the game with all Arkansas fans here in Fayetteville and a few that were talkin' trash about Florida had to eat there words later on. Hated to see the Razorbacks lose though, was hoping to see a top 10 matchup w/a crazy atmosphere next week when Bama comes in but it'll be a little less so now
Yup. That was the story of two halves for the Gators. Manzeal (sp?) from the Aggies was rolling in the 1st half and it looked like A&M D was too much with all the sacks. I think that missed field goal that was brought back from the timeout was a nice little momentum shift toward the Gators.

Oh, and the poor razorbacks fell out of the Top 25!!!!

And a MONSTER 2nd half for Georgia!