Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: MLB Opening Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
Much love for Verlander, I met got to talk to him for a few minutes. He's a great dude, really positive. He's one of the most exciting pitchers I have ever seen.

But, this man is going to give him a run for his money, this season. Ladies and Gentleman, Clayton Kershaw

He matched Justin last season and beat him in one or two stats. Best young pitchers in the game
THINK BLUE!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
Jbailey
Brewcifer

First Name: Dave
Trading: (17)
Jbailey has disabled reputation

Go Prince.......I mean Tigers.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
Go Royals!!!

Oh wait...

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

well mac, you mets are in first place.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

8 innings, no runs, 2 hits, 7 Ks, 1 walk.

Valverde comes in for the 9th, lets the BoSox tie it up, and gets the win.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #26
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

8 innings, no runs, 2 hits, 7 Ks, 1 walk.

Valverde comes in for the 9th, lets the BoSox tie it up, and gets the win.
Nice line to end up with a ND. I really thought Jim would give him a chance to finish. But 105 pitches on Opening Day is the first of many 100 pitch outings he will have.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #27
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets win Mets win!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Got back an hour ago from opening night of the Ft Wayne Tincaps (Padres system). Not MLB, but a good night for baseball in the upper midwest. Pretty new stadium and lots of fun with a 6 year old trying to learn the game. I always love opening day for any baseball team - full of promise, hope, and big dreams (especially true in class A ball).

Cheers
Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #29
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Pirates lose...

Surprised it was so close with a 1-0 win going to the Phils. If this team can't muster any more offense than it did a season ago it WILL be another long losing season....

.500 or a little above! Is that too much to ask!

Please Pirates, end my long suffering so I can enjoy and care about baseball again!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #30
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Wouldn't it be nice if Opening Day was actually Opening Day?
This staggered start is kind of a headache for most fans. It started in Japan, then went to the opening of Marlin's Park a week later, and then a few games Thursday and a full slate today. That's like four opening days isn't it?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #31
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if Opening Day was actually Opening Day?
This staggered start is kind of a headache for most fans. It started in Japan, then went to the opening of Marlin's Park a week later, and then a few games Thursday and a full slate today. That's like four opening days isn't it?

I'm not a fan of the opening things up in Japan business. I want it the way it used to be, one day just jammed full of games.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
Pirates lose...

Surprised it was so close with a 1-0 win going to the Phils. If this team can't muster any more offense than it did a season ago it WILL be another long losing season....

Please Pirates, end my long suffering so I can enjoy and care about baseball again!
But wouldn't it suck to go a game over .500 and lose the only record we're able to hold?
It's a shame the Succos can't field a decent club. The facilities are incredible and a day at PNC is always a huge treat. They have everything in place, including an awesome town.
Heck, thay can even field a competitive team in Cleveland and it's a hideous, dead-end, nightmare of a city. It really is sad to have an ownership group that cares that little about baseball. It's never stopped going downhill since we lost Smokestack Leyland.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #33
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
But wouldn't it suck to go a game over .500 and lose the only record we're able to hold?
It's a shame the Succos can't field a decent club. The facilities are incredible and a day at PNC is always a huge treat. They have everything in place, including an awesome town.
Heck, thay can even field a competitive team in Cleveland and it's a hideous, dead-end, nightmare of a city. It really is sad to have an ownership group that cares that little about baseball. It's never stopped going downhill since we lost Smokestack Leyland.
Well said...

Many false promises is all I can say about them. I remember hearing all the blah, blah, blah from Kevin McClatchy about how he would field a winning team by the time that PNC park was built just to run the team into the ground even further and just keep padding his pockets. Until they get ownership that really cares about a winning organization again and wants to put some more money into the club it is going to be much of the same recent Succos. I don't know if Robert Nutting is the right guy or not. They have shown some recent spark in willingness to pay and keep some talent but only time will tell...
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #34
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Matt Kemp is the man!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #35
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well said...

Many false promises is all I can say about them. I remember hearing all the blah, blah, blah from Kevin McClatchy about how he would field a winning team by the time that PNC park was built just to run the team into the ground even further and just keep padding his pockets. Until they get ownership that really cares about a winning organization again and wants to put some more money into the club it is going to be much of the same recent Succos. I don't know if Robert Nutting is the right guy or not. They have shown some recent spark in willingness to pay and keep some talent but only time will tell...
Even though they're losers, they're lovable losers. We've always had good guys who love the fans and love hanging out with them. If that goes away to have a playoff quality team, I'd rather keep losing.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #36
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Even though they're losers, they're lovable losers. We've always had good guys who love the fans and love hanging out with them. If that goes away to have a playoff quality team, I'd rather keep losing.

That sounds like something losers say!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #37
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Johnny Cueto dominated yesterday, Aroldis Chapman came in and made people look silly, then Marshall slammed the door shut. Great game yesterday!

Reds win 4-0
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pirates lose...

It's excusable, Old Man River was pitching against them and he still has a hell of an arm.

I was really surprised that the Mets beat the Braves yesterday. It's ok, it'll be Santanas only good game of the year

Minnesota plays Baltimore tonight, so hopefully one of my teams wins their opener...
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #39
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

On a side note,

Rays v. Yanks is going to be a great game!
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Today is a very disappointing day for me!!! First time in 5 years I do not have Rays season tickets (Thank You Gov Scott for the pay cut) and the first time I will miss a Rays home opener. I took my dad to the first one in 98 vs Tigers. I'm almost too bummed to even watch on TV.

Could've gotten tickets for a premium. But home with the kids on spring break and would have had to buy for them too or get a babysitter.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote