Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #41
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2011 Banter

Also...Citi Field will get the 2013 All Star game.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #42
Tone-NY
I smoke therefore I am!

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (0)
AirForce
Tone-NY is on a distinguished road

As a fan since 1962, things don't look good on all fronts this year! The minority sale of 25% sounds like the tip of the iceberg, who knows what other shoe will fall off.

2013 sounds like a good year though, Lets Go 2013 Mets!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #43
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Maybe James Dolan will buy the team
Old 02-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #44
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (1)
Humpdebump is on a distinguished road

Please let Donald Trump buy the Mets. His pockets will be endless and when a player like Perez doesn't produce he'll just say " your fired ".
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #45
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpdebump View Post
Please let Donald Trump buy the Mets. His pockets will be endless and when a player like Perez doesn't produce he'll just say " your fired ".
Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #46
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Well, I'm glad to see at least ONE Met fan thinks the same way I do about the possibility of Donald Trump buying into the franchise. He's said he's only interested in getting a majority share, which would mean he'd be to the Metropolitans the same type of owner George Steinbrenner was for the Yankees.

He will irritate the players, the manager, the fans, the other team owners, and the commissioner . . . and build a winning team.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #47
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

For years I have seen posts on the Mets sight and other places begging for the Wilpons to sell the team. I never really got caught up in that till now. When your home base is New York, you have a brand new stadium that you sold the naming rights to, and your own cable network, but still nickel and dime to get players and refuse to let players go who have been let downs for years it's time to go. I'm not saying they don't spend alot because I believe they are in the top 5 or so but you have to be able to cut your losses and move on. The other side of town would have gotten rid of those players and made
Improvements to make themselves better. Sorry for the rant.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 AM   #48
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

If Trump buys a large share of the Mets...maybe we could get Pujols.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #49
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
If Trump buys a large share of the Mets...maybe we could get Pujols.
And what do you have against Albert, brother? You know damn well, if he signed with the Mets, he'd pop a hammie before the All-Star break!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #50
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

I think the Mets are going to give the Nationals a run for that fifth place title this year
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #51
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
And what do you have against Albert, brother? You know damn well, if he signed with the Mets, he'd pop a hammie before the All-Star break!
Nothing...but we need someone to hold down 1B...with some pop io their bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I think the Mets are going to give the Nationals a run for that fifth place title this year
I concur!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #52
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Why the hate for the Nats?...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #53
Humpdebump
Adjusting to the Life

I'm excited, I read that Perez looked good. He was actually NEAR the strike zone, maybe he'll be opening day pitcher
Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #54
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

And the saga continues...."As The Wilpons Turn"...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Hounded by a multimillion dollar lawsuit filed by the trustee trying to recover money for victims of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme, the New York Mets acknowledged Friday they received a loan in November to help cover expenses.

"We said in October that we expected to have a short-term liquidity issue," the team said in a statement. "To address this, we did receive a loan from Major League Baseball in November. Beyond that, we will not discuss the matter any further."

The New York Times and Daily News said the loan amount was $25 million.

The trustee, Irving H. Picard, sued Mets owner Fred Wilpon, brother-in-law and team President Saul Katz and various family members and entities related to Sterling Equities, seeking at least $300 million.

Picard claimed the Mets profited with their Madoff investments and ignored warnings that his high returns might be false. Losses in the Ponzi scheme are estimated at around $20 billion.

The Wilpons have said they are victims in the scheme.

The Mets announced last month they were looking to sell a non-controlling interest in the team of 20 to 25 percent to raise several hundred million dollars. Wilpon insisted his family would remain in control of the team.

Less than two weeks ago, Moody's Investors Service lowered its outlook on the company that operates the ballpark used by the New York Mets because of the litigation. The ratings firm cut the outlook on Queens Ballpark Co. LLC to "Negative," but maintained its "Ba1" rating on the company's bonds.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

You must have cut and pasted this!

There is no way you typed all that with the erection you got from reading it

Looks like your day is off to a good start

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #56
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

All the talk locally is that this lawsuit will force the Wilpons to sell off the whole team.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #57
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
All the talk locally is that this lawsuit will force the Wilpons to sell off the whole team.
Would not be upset.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #58
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Would not be upset.
Until James Dolan buys your team

The Wilpon's aren't bad owners they just have made some bad decisions.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #59
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Until James Dolan buys your team

The Wilpon's aren't bad owners they just have made some bad decisions.
TOO MANY bad decisions. Omar Minaya being the main one. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Trump...play like crap, you're fired!!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #60
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I thought the Mets had deep pockets? I guess not.
It will take a few years to recover from Omar.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...=ESPNHeadlines