Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #41
Waynegro1

Default Re: new shop ideas

I have to agree with many of you so far.
For me:
1. Selection (a wide variety and able to get those "hard to get" stogies) I can look over a lot issues with a shop but without selection, what's the point.

2. Friendly, knowledgeable staff that listen's to what your saying and tries to steer you in the right direction (towards your taste's not towards what cigar is the most expensive, to make a high $ sale).

3. A lounge or smoking area of some kind that makes you feel comfortable and not cramped or in the way. (a tv as someone mentioned is a big plus). My B&M always has coffee and soft drinks. The "regulars" take turns bringing in pastries, coffee cake etc.

4. A decent selection of accessories (e.g. butane, lighters, cutters/punches, humidors, travel cases etc.)

5. Hygrometers that are displayed in some manner throughout the humidor. I like to know what temp/R.H. they store their sticks.

6. Stogies prices somewhere around MSRP. I will walk out of a B&M as soon as I get the feeling that I'm being gouged. This is one of my pet peeves. If a company doesn't have a problem charging me $15+ over MSRP, what else don't they have a problem with?

That's about all I can think of. Great topic!!