Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Hippi3Slay3r
ಥ_ಥ

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (22)
Bolivar
Hippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enoughHippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enough
Default What would you do?

So about two months ago my desktop gaming rig took a crapper on me and I decided to pick up a "real" gaming comp this time around. Lots of a good press from the interwebs led me to Ibuypower.com a site devoted to custom gaming rigs. I spent a week mulling it over with friends on a good system spec to run with and placed my order on 2/18/10 hoping for the best. Its now the 17 of march and no PC yet to speak of...... Heres the email updates ive recieved from them......

1. recieved 2/18
Thank you for ordering from iBUYPOWER Computer, we are delighted to have you as a customer! Your order information and can be found below. Please print this receipt from your printer and keep on file. Please contact us and fax us your printed receipt if you do not see your order online on the order status page within 24 hours (contact info and order status link can be found at the bottom of this email).
2. 2/19
Your Credit Card has been successfully verified, your order will go into production within the next business day.
3. 3/4
Materials Complete
Parts and custom materials for your system have been successfully gathered and have entered the assembly phase. During this time, your system is being hand-built by our expert technicians. Depending on the complexity of your build, your system may spend one or more days in Assembly before moving to Quality Control (QC), Burn-In, and Shipping phases.

4. 3/12
Assembly Complete
Your system has been assembled and has entered the Quality Control (QC) Phase. During the Quality Control phase, your system is inspected for assembly and physical defects, and your Operating System and driver software is being installed. Depending on the complexity of your build, your system may spend one or more days in the Quality Control (QC) phase before moving to Burn-In and Shipping phases, and may return to an earlier phase if a problem is found.

So after all this time and all those updates I decided to call and see what the hell was up (I know I shoulda called sooner) I spoke with a guy named Mark who wasnt really that helpfull. After beating around the bush for a few mins I said "WHERE IS MY PC AND WHEN SHOULD I GET IT?" His responce.. your parts are in queue for assembly when I asked why I was told via email that my PC was built allready the line went silent and there was a click and I was transfered to a random pre recorded "Thank you for calling IBP' msg
and when I call back I get a pre recorded buisness hours msg.

Sorry for the wall of text but my question is were do I go from here ive never had this kind of issue before regarding an internet purchese. Ive now read that refunds take a few weeks to get from them and in that time who knows I could get the pc. Their product isnt bad but their customer service is the worst ive ever delt with any ideas are welcome
Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What would you do?

Call your credit card company and tell them you are a victim of fraud. Include the emails and say you just want to cancel or dispute the charge as they have no intent on shipping you this PC.

It takes about an hour to build a PC and all they would do is check the Device Manager and Event Viewer for QC. Sounds like a load of bull crap to me.

Next time build it yourself or get a pre-made machine from like Alienware or the like. The "custom" PC's is so 2000...
Old 03-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Report fraud... read a few tutorials and build one yourself, it isn't rocket science. The hardest part is installing an OS, and honestly with Windows 7, that couldn't possibly be any easier on a fresh hard drive.

My computer illiterate 21 year old sister can install windows with a simple phone conversation walking her through the basic steps.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Vorb
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
Vorb has disabled reputation

Think of the problems you might have down the road IF you do get the PC...

Imagine the headaches of return shipping / continually dealing with them over time.

Consider it a poisoned relationship (as you said - customer service is the problem, not really the product) and get out earlier rather than later.

Good luck, regardless.

Vorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I'll echo was the others already said.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Hippi3Slay3r
ಥ_ಥ

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (22)
Bolivar
Hippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enoughHippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Call your credit card company and tell them you are a victim of fraud. Include the emails and say you just want to cancel or dispute the charge as they have no intent on shipping you this PC.
This is done and done thanks for the info guys.
Also I just wanna state that building the PC myself wasnt the issue ive built the last 3 ive owned all through Newegg and local part stores, It was the warranty I was after 3 years full coverage on parts/labor/shipping but you guys are right I wouldnt wanna deal with all that crap again for somthing like a burnt out power supply or fryed MB.

Thx again
~Kyle
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

not to mention the fact that it is against US law to charge your credit card before the system ships.
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski View Post
not to mention the fact that it is against US law to charge your credit card before the system ships.
Did not know that.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski View Post
I don't think that's true.

Companies charge credit cards for shipments all the time, before they ship.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I don't think that's true.

Companies charge credit cards for shipments all the time, before they ship.
it is true. most people just don't realize it. it's commonly referred to as the "mail order rule". i used to work for a large computer maker in a call center environment. your credit card will not be charged until the system ships. if it does, the consumer really does have a legitimate beef.
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote