Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros belicoso

A few months ago I visited Florida, including Miami and I walked into the La Gloria Cubana lounge on Calle Ocho. Now I heard about their Artesanos de Tabaqueros cigars but this was the first time I ever saw them so I had to try them. So I sat down, lit the cigar and then the guy who worked at the shop said "I'll introduce you to Rick Rodriguez, he created these cigars" so I had the opportunity to get more info. Rick got the idea to make this cigar with the dual wrapper as the found some cigars boring after a third, so with the change of wrapper the cigar remains interesting. They tested a lot of blends and wrappers, and ways to create the cigar but the best way was to really have a small piece of Connecticut at the bottom and habano at the top an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. To top the day, I got introduced to Benji Menendez too.

The cigar looks fantastic, the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper is nice and dark with some thin veins while the Connecticut shade is a bit more shiny. The construction feels good. The Ecuadorian Sumatra smells like chocolate and pepper while the Connecticut doesn't have a real smell. The predraw is fine and I taste raisin. The size is 6x52.

I taste a peppery coffee with that Connecticut dullness. The flavors burn a little in the back of my throat. Soon the flavor changes to wood, oak to be precise, and the coffee disappears. I also get some white pepper with the oak and the dullness and some puffs later even some milky chocolate.

As soon as the cigar reaches the Ecuadorian Sumatra I taste chocolate and wood, the Connecticut dullness disappears. The chocolate disappears too and I taste wood with a herbal aftertaste. Halfway I taste more herbs and after two thirds I also taste some pepper again, but not overpowering.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw is great, just like the burn. The light colored ash is firm. I got a lot of thick white smoke. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Maybe, when I visit Miami again and decide to light a cigar in the La Gloria Cubana lounge on Calle Ocho.

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros belicoso

Thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros belicoso

I didn't really enjoy the few that I had. These were missing something.