Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #181
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's see those '10 gardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I have a picture of Lisa's garden basket. I told her that we generally use our shirt or a five gallon bucket to carry vegetables, but she thought this thing would be cute. It is.

Wow....great looking haul!!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #182
BC-Axeman

From G00gle's spyplane a couple of years ago.

The hill slopes down towards the bottom (south). The garden was the green lines on the right.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #183
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Finally broke down the rest of my garden this morning. I hadn't touched these plants in probably a couple of months, but as you can see by the yield, they liked the cooler weather. Now what to do with all of the peppers?
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0234.png (191.9 KB, 215 views)
Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #184
BC-Axeman

I still have onions and celery that are not finished yet, but otherwise I should be getting ready to prepare next years garden soon. If the organic amendments don't work I am going to waste no time and go to regular chemical fertilizer, which are mostly just naturally occurring salts. I am not going to put up with another unproductive garden.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #185
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I pulled up my landscape fabric and that garden is a memory. I'll be fighting really awful soil with you next year, Lance. I'll fix it with composted cowpoop and SAP thrown right in the holes with the plants. Lots of Miracle Grow along the way, too.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #186
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I just cleaned a Jack be Little pumpkin out a couple days ago so I could save the seeds. It got pushed around and carried around for months till it ended up on top of the fridge where it got lost.
Lisa pointed it out to me last week and I set it down where I'd see Orval I'd remember to clean it. The seeds are just about dry enough to put away now.

My Park Seed catalog showed up a few days ago. All my seeds are lost right now, so I'll probably just order all my seeds for this year unless I get finished moving and unpacking and find my seed boxes.
I don't usually get stoked about garden season this early, but I'm already getting itchy.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #187
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Tell me more about this Park Seed catalog. Do they sell heriloom varieties? I'm going to expand my garden next year and want to plant a larger variety of plants. I'm thinking corn, squash, carrots, maybe some potatoes. Not sure what yet, but I'm already thinking of next year.

I did get my garlic in the ground back in early November. Should have around 20 heads this time around. Not sure of the variety, it was something my sister gave me.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #188
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

Park seeds has a nice selection. They have all varieties of heirloom and hybrids. But if you want strictly heirlooms, check out Baker's Creek seeds. For my hybrids I'd go with johnnyseeds.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #189
BC-Axeman

New '11 thread started:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...15#post1203315