Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-25-2020, 11:25 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Cigar Federation Whipped Cream

Whipped Cream
5x50 Robusto

From the Cigar Federation website: The Factory Direct Boutique releases just keep getting better and better and better!
I'm just gonna flat-out say it. Whipped Cream should be a $10 cigar. Period!
The tobacco used in this baby and the Class 7 cuban rollers that handmade Whipped Cream are some of the best we've ever worked with.
And it shows in the cigar! Like, BIG TIME!
Whipped Cream is RIDICULOUSLY tasty! It will probably induce you to mutter a little profanity to yourself because of how amazing the flavors are when you first light it up. (You know what I'm talking about. We've all done it.)
Whipped Cream is a medium strength, smooth little number wrapped in a specially fermented Connecticut wrapper. And it's beautiful. It comes from one of the finest growers of Connecticut tobacco in the industry.

1) Aesthetics: An incredibly gorgeous, honey, tan, oily wrapper embraces this beautiful robusto, in fact, it is probably the lack of a band that makes this one of the most good-looking cigars I have seen in a long time – just pretty.

2) Pre-light Construction: Firm and dense in the hand, and very few veins in the wrapper, very firm, almost brick hard in the hand, and heavy. Hints of cream and pepper on the pre-light draw.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: A long ash held well, it burned evenly, and the draw was spot on…slight resistance, but fairly easy.

4) Flavor and strength: My first few draws made me think of malt flavored Ovaltine, seriously! That creamy, malt flavor continued to dominate, while the hint of almonds came through fleetingly, and white pepper.

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Again with the malted Ovaltine, but it did not linger long.

6) Aroma: Again, the malt version of Ovaltine and nuts make for an enjoyable “room note.”

7) General Comments: I am glad I got a few of these, after two of them, I must say that I do enjoy them. Not sure how they will age, but if they keep any of these flavors it will be a great ride.

8) Recommendation: Whipped cream seems to be an apt descriptor of a name, it comes awfully close to that. If you can get your hands on one of these, or a few more, try them.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigar Federation Whipped Cream

They Are Good, Todd!. Great Review Of A Great Morning Smoke!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Now I just need to find some of the Maker's Mark Milkshake bourbon to pair one with.

Great review Todd.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I've been smoking through some of these as well. Rev's review is spot on. My only complaint has been the ultra thin wrappers. Very prone to splitting, no matter how slow I smoke them. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying them.