Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Sherlockholms

Default Best ACID cigars

I know there is allot that are against the ACID brand on here. But for those of you that like them, what are the best Acid cigars to try? I have tried the Kuba Kuba and I have to say it was a nice cigar. Not that I will be able to afford any anytime soon. But what would the fellow botl on this site suggest? Which are ones to stay away from and which are ones to add to the collection?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best ACID cigars

I got started on the Blondie...that was almost three years ago. Also recall enjoying the Cold Infusion Tea. Don't enjoy them now, but, to each his own.

Stay away from the Nasty/Ordinary Larry/Kuba Kuba Maduro.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Altra
Down with the Sickness

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Altra is on a distinguished road

I smoke one every once in a blue moon when my friend comes over (He loves them).

I tend to keep the Liquid around. Nice little smoke. I would also agree with the above poster, the Ordinary larry, Kuba Maduro & Nasty are straight up Nasty & harsh.

Shawn
Altra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tom
Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough

I have tried the Kuba Kuba when I first started smoking cigars and I have tried the Opulence 3, the Opulence 3 is much better.
Barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up the Acid Wafe (sp?) one time and sparked it up in the car on the way home from Pittsburgh one time. My then girlfriend, who enjoyed cigars, asked me to get rid of it a number of times, right up until she told me to get rid of it or let her out of the car. She was dead serious.
I was just trying to give it a good go, but it was horrid.
The Java is nice. I've handed them out to lots of people and have yet to find one person who didn't enjoy it, at least to some extent.
It's been a long time, but I used to enjoy the CAO Flavours tubos. The pc's were awful after the first inch or so, I don't know why.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

One I move alot of is one that is not talked about too much. The Cold Infusion Tea. Plus, it's a lonsdale.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #7
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I have only smoked one ever and it was a Blondie. It had a sweet flavor on the cap that was very off-putting,
but once it got smoking, it was like a normal cigar that OCCASIONALLY had HINTS of that crazy 'infusion' flavor.
It was perfectly constructed and produced a satisfying smoke and experience all around. Scary all the reviews
that point negatively towards the EOLarry and the Nasty, as both of those are coming up in the rotation as I work
my way through a sampler. Yikes.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
Average Joe
Livin' the dream!

First Name: Name
Trading: (10)
Average Joe is on a distinguished road

I like the Kuba Kuba, Ltd. Def Sea (CI only I think), Acid 5 (Kuba Kuba on crack), and Cold Infusion Tea.

If you go to Cigars International's site, then to the "Make Me An Offer" section you can get Kuba Kuba's for a good price. They won't pull up if you search "kuba kuba", "acid" or even "drew estate". To find them look at the big "filter bar" on the left. Click "popular", then after the results refresh click on "10 packs". Kuba Kubas are usually burried a page or two deep in those results. I have routinely had bids of $40 for 10 accepted. You might be able to find a price lower than that. If you do let me know!

Also, if you like Acids, try out Drew Estate's Natural line of cigars. They're not infused like the acids (unlike what some think... Think about it... the name is "Natural" for a reason). My favorite out of them is the Irish Hops. Very smooth and mellow.

Finally, as a detective, sherlockholms, I'm surprised you haven't found the Newbie Sampler Trade. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46087 Jump in and start trading! You most likely won't get acids, but you'll get some sticks you surely haven't tried before!

Hope you enjoy!
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
Sherlockholms

Thanks for the replys everyone! That really sums it up for me and thanks for the link and info Joe! As for the samplers trade I want to I really do, but at momento I would not even be able to afford the shipping cost for trading cigars. So hopefully I can jump into it soon!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Our shop, along with Drew Estate sells more of the blue band Acids than any other.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 AM   #11
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

The Acid Opulence 3 is in my opinion the best cigar in the Acid line. I got started on infused cigars actually by smoking a Legends Copper Label by Drew Estate. I have to be honest and say that getting into infused cigars actually is what got me back in the groove of smoking again.

Now I find that infused smokes are a nice change of pace but I am smoking them less and less. I personally find that I can only handle so much of it. Hands down though Drew Estate does it best! I have tried almost all of the smokes in his line up and only routinely come back for the O3. If you like infused cigars get your hands on an O3. I find them on cigar bid usually for around $5 a stick. Sometimes you can get lucky and score a fiver for $15.

I would also recommend the Natural Line from Drew Estate. All very good infused smokes that I have tried at one time or another.
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #12
Enphrared

I had the Cold Infusion Tea 3 or 4 years ago. Didn't like it. The wrapper tasted too tangy or something. The Java's on the other hand I love. I would like to try the Opulence 3 and the Tabbak lines. Maybe in a week or so.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I have to admit if I must smoke an infused it would have to be the Opulence 3! Great construction.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
Country313

Been smoking infused cigars (mainly Drew Estate) since '05. I have smoked every ACID w/ a blue label. The Kuba Kuba will always be a go to smoke for me. The Blondie Belicioso is very good too. The Kuba Deluxe and 1400cc do the blue labels proudly. IMHO the wafe is a p.i.t.a. to smoke, the Kong Cameroon isn't one I would reccomend unless for the sake of just to say you tried it. I didn't care for the Deep Dish though a lot of people really like them. As for the other lines, if you like the Kuba Kuba, I would reccomend the Atom Maduro and Earthiness (both gold labels), Subcultures Malta and Toast (Subcultures are the peach colored label), Roam (purple label)is my Dad's favorite, Acid One, Acid 5 Maduro if you can find it, also, try the Nasty I am a huge fan of "sweet" cigars the nasty is by no means sweet but it is a nice change of pace on occasion.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #15
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

My wife's favorite is the Opulence 3. She also likes the Kuba Kuba, Blondie, Def Sea, and Cold Infusion Tea. I'm not a fan of infused sticks.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Thread necromancy!

Acid cigars suck
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #17
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Thread necromancy!

Acid cigars suck
I don't know that they suck...I try to keep a couple in the house in case a girl comes over and wants to try a cigar.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #18
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Go ahead and burn 'em!

Actually, the troops have asked for them by name! They are too expensive to buy in bunches, and hard to carry along with my bag of smokes for the troops because they would release their aromas to the other cigars.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #19
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I don't know that they suck...I try to keep a couple in the house in case a girl comes over and wants to try a cigar.
I rarely have that problem Tom.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
SmokeHustler

I've had 3 Acid cigars in my life. The Nasty, the Blondie, and the Opulence 3. For the sake of all that is holy, stay away from the Nasty. OMG....stay away from the Nasty. The Blondie isn't half bad, and the Opulence is probably the best Acid has to offer.