Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #21
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sneak peak at some new stuff... How does it lo

Original boxes for me
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

I gotta try some of these!
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #23
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

I hope Andy isn't offended by this, as the cigars are fantastic regardless of packaging, but the original boxes.... just weren't up to par with the quality of cigars in them. These new ones look far nicer in comparison. For anyone who has never seen the original box in real life, or up close in photos, it's hard to explain, but you'd notice it when you saw it.

As someone who has been following Andy since last year, I'm really happy for this evolution as it's transforming the product into something that looks as good as it tastes. Sadly that does matter in this hobby. More than any of us would like to admit. I hope this change does well for him
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
dentonparrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
I hope Andy isn't offended by this, as the cigars are fantastic regardless of packaging, but the original boxes.... just weren't up to par with the quality of cigars in them.

The thing with the original boxes that let them down for me was the sticker on the inside and the poor construction of the box itself, which if I'm honest cheapened the overall look. The woodwork on the new boxes with the routered edges does look a lot better though.

The new colours look OK and are certainly eye-catching but natural wood with a decent stain on it is what speaks quality to me. But that said we are moving into modern times and there are some damn funky bands etc and old fogies like me are getting, well, old.

Just your logo on the front of the boxes with a loose piece of quality paper resting on top of the cigars giving a brief explanation of their origins might be good, a kind of minimalist look.

That said.....the cigars are immense! They really do speak for themselves when they are smoked and you get congratulations from me on them BIG TIME!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

That's a great bright shade of blue. I have to say I also like the originals, but that blue is so bold that it would absolutely catch my eye in the B&M.
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #26
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
I hope Andy isn't offended by this, as the cigars are fantastic regardless of packaging, but the original boxes.... just weren't up to par with the quality of cigars in them. These new ones look far nicer in comparison. For anyone who has never seen the original box in real life, or up close in photos, it's hard to explain, but you'd notice it when you saw it.

As someone who has been following Andy since last year, I'm really happy for this evolution as it's transforming the product into something that looks as good as it tastes. Sadly that does matter in this hobby. More than any of us would like to admit. I hope this change does well for him
Thank you all for your comments but as jordan said, he has been following me for a while and has seen more than alot of you. I had the same feeling about the boxes but we havent had much of a choice on the matter. there ARE box factories that would make boxes for us but apparently they want us to buy 1000 boxes which we cant do.. as of now, all our stuff is made but people with their own small businesses usually within their homes. So in a way i PREFER it. As it provides more money to a lower class of the community than a big business. But as jordan mentions here, and no it doesnt offend me because this doesnt apply to just cigars... but appearance DOES matter to MANY people. And in person you can see our boxes are not as pretty as they seem in the pictures. I cant wait to see the new boxes in person as well. although painted I think they look ALOT stronger/well made. And as many people have mentioned its whats in them that counts!!!

Andy
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #27
dentonparrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMadera View Post
as of now, all our stuff is made but people with their own small businesses usually within their homes. So in a way i PREFER it. As it provides more money to a lower class of the community than a big business.
I can definitely see where you are coming from with that method, proper grass-roots income for them and I bet they are mega-grateful for the work too

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMadera View Post
as many people have mentioned its whats in them that counts!!!
Definitely! These cigars are REALLY good, so smooth, consistent, and rammed full of flavours withouth being too spicy. I enjoyed every single one of the box I had and can't wait to get more of them turned into ash

Seriously folks, if you haven't tried them yet you need to
Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
MithShrike

I'm not really fond of the old boxes, they open too easily I think because the sticker adhesive doesn't stay very well.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #29
ashmaster

The new boxes definately "pop", but there is a certain warmth to the natural finish.