Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 03-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default WWE Network

Anybody here subscribed to the WWE network? Only 1.5% of the library on the network so far, but I'm in nostalgia heaven right now. All the old NWA/WCW ppvs, wwf ppvs, old school Raws, WCCW, ECW shows, and Legends Round tables. This is the greatest thing ever for pro wrestling fans. I'm anxiously awaiting the Smoky Mountain Library to be added. Jim Cornette at his best!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: WWE Network

Lemme know when they get Dick the Bruiser and Baron Von Raschke on, Andy!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Lemme know when they get Dick the Bruiser and Baron Von Raschke on, Andy!
There's some Dick the Bruiser clips on Legends Round Table, but most of his work has been erased. They didn't keep the master tapes of wrestling for the most part during his era. A crying shame. The Bruiser and the Crusher were genuine tough guys and daggum entertaining to boot. There are some Dick the Bruiser and Dusty Rhodes Tag Team events on record that will be soon on the network.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

There are plenty of Ric Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Andre, Freebird- Von Erich moments on the network. Only 1.5% of the library so far included. I'm 100% sure more historic moments and wrestlers will be added soon

Insert quote here.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

King of the Ring 98. Undertaker vs. Foley in a Hell in the Cell. Epic!

Insert quote here.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Kerry Von Erich vs Flair '82. Also an epic battle that started he Freebird/Von Erich feud.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

That's awesome, didn't even know they were starting their own channel. When I was young I'd watch the old school wrestlers, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes with my dad. Stopped watching for awhile then a friend of mine got me into watching it again, when Austin and the Rock were at the top, those were some awesome matches to watch. We were at the show in KC when Owen Hart fell, I pretty much stopped watching after that. But I'd love to see some of the older matches. With Flair and Hogan that was just a good time.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
That's awesome, didn't even know they were starting their own channel. When I was young I'd watch the old school wrestlers, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes with my dad. Stopped watching for awhile then a friend of mine got me into watching it again, when Austin and the Rock were at the top, those were some awesome matches to watch. We were at the show in KC when Owen Hart fell, I pretty much stopped watching after that. But I'd love to see some of the older matches. With Flair and Hogan that was just a good time.
That was a tragic night. Did they ever announce to the live audience that he died, or did you find out later?

There's tons of old stuff on the network: all WWF, WCW, and ECW ppvs, classic WCCW shows, classic WWF shows dating back to the late 70s, and a lot of documentaries and round table discussions.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
That was a tragic night. Did they ever announce to the live audience that he died, or did you find out later?

There's tons of old stuff on the network: all WWF, WCW, and ECW ppvs, classic WCCW shows, classic WWF shows dating back to the late 70s, and a lot of documentaries and round table discussions.
They never did announce anything to us. We thought at first it was just part of the show, but then we noticed the 'real' paramedics were there and the big screens had changed from the live video to something else (we couldn't hear). I don't remember when we actually found out that he had died, but I'm pretty sure it was after the show.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

McMahon is looking to sell WWE I read yesterday. Perhaps they are limiting what they release until there's a buyer?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
They never did announce anything to us. We thought at first it was just part of the show, but then we noticed the 'real' paramedics were there and the big screens had changed from the live video to something else (we couldn't hear). I don't remember when we actually found out that he had died, but I'm pretty sure it was after the show.
I know Owen would have wanted the show to go on, but there's still something that doesn't sit right with the way they handled that situation.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
McMahon is looking to sell WWE I read yesterday. Perhaps they are limiting what they release until there's a buyer?
That is all rumor. No way in Hell McMahon sells controlling interest in his baby. I will be truly shocked if that were to happen.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #13
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
That is all rumor. No way in Hell McMahon sells controlling interest in his baby. I will be truly shocked if that were to happen.
Selling it would help his wife's political ambitions. I use to know one is his daughters. She worked at the gym I went to and was good friends with a buddy of mine. Vince and a couple of wrestlers helped her move in and out of her apartment.