Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #21
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Coolidor project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Question for coolidor owners:

Should I drill holes in the sides of my empty cigar boxes to let the air flow better?
I am using these as shelves in my coolidor with singles in them.
When I stack the cigar boxes there is not much room for air to get in.
That's really up to you. A lot of people think that limiting airflow promotes aging.

Me, I am a big fan of airflow...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #22
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
That's really up to you. A lot of people think that limiting airflow promotes aging.

Me, I am a big fan of airflow...
I know it is true, but being a newb is soo frustrating when you hear the answers "it's up to you" or "whatever you like", haha. I know it's the truth with about everything with cigars, it is just hard to get used to hearing I guess. With time I will learn to just do whatever I think might work. Thanks for your opinion about airflow, not sure why but I think a little airflow could be nice to keep the RH consistent, I dont really want my NCs to age much anyways. Maybe I will do a box for CCs that has no air holes and the rest with holes for the NCs. I think I just figured it out, maybe.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Quote:
I know it is true, but being a newb is soo frustrating when you hear the answers "it's up to you" or "whatever you like", haha. I know it's the truth with about everything with cigars, it is just hard to get used to hearing I guess. With time I will learn to just do whatever I think might work. Thanks for your opinion about airflow, not sure why but I think a little airflow could be nice to keep the RH consistent, I dont really want my NCs to age much anyways. Maybe I will do a box for CCs that has no air holes and the rest with holes for the NCs. I think I just figured it out, maybe.
More advice: get a second cooler -- one for NCs and one for CCs , that way you can store them at different RH's.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #24
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
More advice: get a second cooler -- one for NCs and one for CCs , that way you can store them at different RH's.
Oh crap, I never thought about that. I do remember reading that though about different RH.
Well it would be cheaper to just smoke all my CCs and then I am golden
Old 08-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #25
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Question for coolidor owners:

Should I drill holes in the sides of my empty cigar boxes to let the air flow better?
I am using these as shelves in my coolidor with singles in them.
When I stack the cigar boxes there is not much room for air to get in.
no real need. when i used my cooler (and many members here) have no problem having boxes crammed anywhere you can fit them.

dont over think the cooler.
cooler + cigars + beads = done

its that simple

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #26
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
no real need. when i used my cooler (and many members here) have no problem having boxes crammed anywhere you can fit them.

its that simple
Yeah, that's kind of the beauty of a coolidor
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #27
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

RA

Quote:
Oh crap, I never thought about that. I do remember reading that though about different RH.
Well it would be cheaper to just smoke all my CCs and then I am golden
Don't worry -- I was responding to to your earlier comments about the "it's up to you" or "whatever you like" advice, by giving you pointed (and unneeded) advice

Old 08-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #28
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Got a quick and easy solution for ya Shane...just send me your cigars and I will smoke them and you won't have to worry about what the RH level is.

Couldn't resist brother.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #29
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Don't worry -- I was responding to to your earlier comments about the "it's up to you" or "whatever you like" advice, by giving you pointed (and unneeded) advice

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, was just expressing some of my frustration as a newb. I am sure you Vets get tired of answering some newb questions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Got a quick and easy solution for ya Shane...just send me your cigars and I will smoke them and you won't have to worry about what the RH level is.

Couldn't resist brother.
Whats your addy so I can send em,
It is so nice of you to offer to store them for me since you have available room!

(You would be pretty familiar with most of them anyway since they were once in your humidor)
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #30
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whats your addy so I can send em,
It is so nice of you to offer to store them for me since you have available room!

(You would be pretty familiar with most of them anyway since they were once in your humidor)
Like I have room. My vinos have a sign on all of them...

NO VACANCY!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll find that lots of guys like to obsess about every little thing at first. After time they realize that none of it is necessary and abandon all the "over-thinking". It's just a pathway for us, and it's good. Ultimately it makes us understand what's going on, and that allows us to take good care of cigars.
At some points, you're just gonna have to roll the dice. Try one thing, then some months later, try another. You'll probably notice that neither approach made a difference, but it may make a difference to YOU. In the end, that's the guy you have to please.
That's what "it's up to you" means. It means "give it a shot and see what you see". In the end you'll adopt sound methods that you enjoy and aren't too much work.
When someone says "it's up to you", he's not saying "take a chance" because no one here is going to let you do anything that's harmful to your stash. (Unless, of course you insist on doing something harmful after you've been told not to, then they'll let you do what you want because it's your right, misguided or not.)
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #32
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
You'll find that lots of guys like to obsess about every little thing at first. After time they realize that none of it is necessary and abandon all the "over-thinking". It's just a pathway for us, and it's good. Ultimately it makes us understand what's going on, and that allows us to take good care of cigars.
At some points, you're just gonna have to roll the dice. Try one thing, then some months later, try another. You'll probably notice that neither approach made a difference, but it may make a difference to YOU. In the end, that's the guy you have to please.
That's what "it's up to you" means. It means "give it a shot and see what you see". In the end you'll adopt sound methods that you enjoy and aren't too much work.
When someone says "it's up to you", he's not saying "take a chance" because no one here is going to let you do anything that's harmful to your stash. (Unless, of course you insist on doing something harmful after you've been told not to, then they'll let you do what you want because it's your right, misguided or not.)
what this clown said...............(sorry scott )

Old 08-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #33
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
AWESOME post Scott. (and so very true)
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #34
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Thanks Scott, very well stated!
I think I gonna try the drill method, it will be fun anyway!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #35
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Thanks Scott, very well stated!
I think I gonna try the drill method, it will be fun anyway!
keyword is fun....... thats all you gotta remember,

Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #36
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
keyword is fun....... thats all you gotta remember,
Copy
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

its that simple
Yeah Frank, but as it has been mentioned a lot of people make noobs overthink these issues and drive us crazy.

Hey Mac, I have an idea....send me some of your overflow, then Shane will send you some of his and then we're all square and you're back to NO VACANCY LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #38
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Yeah Frank, but as it has been mentioned a lot of people make noobs overthink these issues and drive us crazy.

Hey Mac, I have an idea....send me some of your overflow, then Shane will send you some of his and then we're all square and you're back to NO VACANCY LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
and its not just the noobs i think after a while you calm down a lot but you still have your moments where you might "snap back to over analyzing something lol.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #39
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Sure thing Mickey...PM me your address.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #40
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

and its not just the noobs i think after a while you calm down a lot but you still have your moments where you might "snap back to over analyzing something lol.
It's those moments that make us feel like we are doing things wrong, and fear for the longevity of our smokes, but enough of this and not trying to hijack the thread, will just heed the advice of not to overthink things.