Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Thumbs down Cigars International

I'm pretty sure this thread is allowed as I've seen other much like it.

About a month ago I ordered a Hygrometer, it didn't work worth a crap salt tested it at 10-15 points off. Paid like $23 for it so I found that completely unacceptable.

So I call their store for a return, they tell me they'll send me the round humi-care one that you can calibrate it and adjust it accordingly. I say great sure, even though I'd have to send my non working one first and wait the 10-12 days to receive a new one.

Yesterday I received the new one....it's the same non working POS model they told me they wouldn't send. I salt test this one it won't read over 55 RH and it is 10 degrees off on the temperature. It just doesn't work. I told them I'm frustrated and I let the first order I ever did with them (my desktop) go unmentioned. That order the humi-care jar was spilled all over my shipment and the crappy analog hygrometer had cracked glass. Not a big deal because I was going with beads and a digital anyways. But still 2/3 orders and a return they failed at.

I told the lady on the phone that I'm not mad at her and I understand she has to hear people b!tch and complain and I'm not blaming any of this on her. However I really see no reason to order from CI ever again. I've ordered from probably 10-12 different cigar vendors with lets say 95%+ service.

She then tells me she's going to talk to her supervisor....fine. I wait about 5-8 minutes. She comes back and tells me that this time they'll send me the correct one and even send it first! I'm thinking ...you really needed a supervisor for that? Couldn't even have told me you would mail it 2nd day or something? Maybe a refund and mail it out? You've left me 6 weeks without a hygrometer what is $22-23 bucks to at least attempt to keep my business.

It is noted that I've given them somewhere around $400-$500 in the past 3-4 months.

Am I asking too much?

/end call
/end rant
/end my business with CI/CBID
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cigars International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Am I asking too much?
Yeah. You got a lot of nerve there bucko.

Ordering a hygrometer online from a cigar company. Sheez. That takes some ballz.

You could have just gone to walmart and gotten an Accurite 00613 for $8 like the rest of us.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

What can I say, I was probably loaded and feeling really good and decided to order a hygrometer from an online cigar company. Ballsy move, what was I thinking? That wasn't the only thing on my order so ordering a hygrometer was convenient. Also Walmart is ~30-35 miles away. Didn't feel like driving 60-70 round trip for $8. After that it's more like $18 anyways.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What can I say, I was probably loaded and feeling really good and decided to order a hygrometer from an online cigar company. Ballsy move, what was I thinking? That wasn't the only thing on my order so ordering a hygrometer was convenient. Also Walmart is ~30-35 miles away. Didn't feel like driving 60-70 round trip for $8. After that it's more like $18 anyways.
there's always walmart.com
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
What can I say, I was probably loaded and feeling really good .

Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I hear ya, but like I said I was ordering cigars as well. err Well I said other stuff on my order but yeah it was cigars so again this was out of convenience.

All is good, they lose my business and I get to crack a DFH 2010 WWS. So who wins now!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

I hear ya bro.

Yeah, it sucks that the hygrometer you initially ordered was defective, and then the replacement was accidentally sent out as the same thing rather than the upgrade, but if you think about it, they didn't have to upgrade you. They could have just said sorry, send it back. Instead they tried to do the right thing, then something happened in the order pulling dept or shipping dept.

**** happens sometimes.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Actually the irony is they said the Humi-care one was cheaper and they would have to send me back the $2! I personally don't care about the $2. I just want a working Hygrometer.

But yes $hit happens. Either way, beer saves the day ...again.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Springsman

That sucks...my .02 is that they are big enough now that their customer service has become complacent and negligible...they do enough volume that they likely don't care as right now they don't have to.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

LOL. My bad, I misread. I thought they upgraded you rather than an exchange a defective for a different model.

Death! Death to all those who oppose us!
(and don't comp us free products)

Meh. CI has always been good to me in the past when I've had problems. But then again, that's probably because _I_ drive a Volvo.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Kinda misleading in general, no real way to quickly word it. Apparently the hygro is an upgrade in quality but less costing

But that is just what they tell me.....I'm not sure how much their word is worth.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Kinda misleading in general, no real way to quickly word it. Apparently the hygro is an upgrade in quality but less costing

But that is just what they tell me.....I'm not sure how much their word is worth.
Without knowing which one the original defective one was that you bought, they are probably right about the humi-care being a better product at a lower price point. Think of "Humi-Care" like "Kirkland". Humi-Care is CI's brand, yet they don't manufacture anything, just like Kirkland and Costco. They go to whomever can meet their standards and give them the best price on something and is willing to slap the Humi-Care (Kirkland) logo on it and just take a check rather than putting their name on it. This allows them to sell the identical product at a lower cost to the consumer.

Can we go back to talking about raping and pillaging the CI offices though?

I wanna pillage their Padron and Liga Privada section of the warehouse...
Old 12-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Yes definitely, I always wanted to try Davidoff NC's so consider those raped. Also I think I'd have a going at those ridiculously priced Man O' War Armadas. Probably on the way out grab the equally ridiculous priced Graycliffs, they are good but way too pricey.

That and I'd love to rape some accessories I'm quite the whore for them. Maybe snag me 10 or so different Xikar lighters.

Then after that is all said and done I'd throw a molotov cocktail at their Gurkha supply and do the world a favor.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Then after that is all said and done I'd throw a molotov cocktail at their Gurkha supply and do the world a favor.
...and slowly Icehog turned...step by step...inch by inch...
Old 12-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
...and slowly Icehog turned...step by step...inch by inch...

Seriously If I had $5 for every time they sent me an email for like 80%-90% off Gurkhas...I'd own half the company. Which reminds me I need to get them to stop sending me annoying emails.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #16
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Either way, beer saves the day
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
lyle23

Ok im as much of a molotov cocktail fan as the next man, but dont toss it at the gurkhas please. I had a good laugh at that line though, soo props on it. But, I have enjoyed each of gurkhas i have had.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Well what can I say T.G. and myself turned a poor experience with a lousy vendor into a joke thread.

At least everyone can get a few laughs.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Yeah. You got a lot of nerve there bucko.

Ordering a hygrometer online from a cigar company. Sheez. That takes some ballz.

You could have just gone to walmart and gotten an Accurite 00613 for $8 like the rest of us.
Ooops then I made another noob mistake, I went and looked at these at same place, why'd I just learn now I can get it at wal-mart, what section is it in and what else can I get there for less than a cigar company.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #20
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post
Ooops then I made another noob mistake, I went and looked at these at same place, why'd I just learn now I can get it at wal-mart, what section is it in and what else can I get there for less than a cigar company.
You will find the 00613s wherever you find the rest of the outooor thermometers, hygometers, both direct and remote reading. At the wal-marts around here, they can be found somewhere around the paint, hardware and garden sections.

This is what the one I'm talking about looks like:

Runs $7.98 or $8.98 out here - I forget.

There is also an all white one that looks like a kitchen timer and sells for a buck less. It's a piece of ****. Don't waste your time or money.