Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #21
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: MTX-multi-tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
The B&M I bought my Xikar lighter from said I could bring it back there and he could replace it immediately.
Maybe, but if you go the the xikar site it instructs you to send it in. I know that the B&M nearby will send them in for you, but you still have to wait a few weeks for it to be returned.

http://xikar.com/warranty/

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The B&M I bought my Xikar lighter from said I could bring it back there and he could replace it immediately.
My local B&M will do the same. They give you a new one on the spot, send in the busted one for replacement and stock the new one returned to them to replace the one they gave away.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilon View Post
My local B&M will do the same. They give you a new one on the spot, send in the busted one for replacement and stock the new one returned to them to replace the one they gave away.
Exactly!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMPS View Post
I think Brutus2600 uses one of these and swears by it... at least he did when I saw him using it. Maybe PM him for a review if you wish.
I somehow missed this thread when it was started, but yes, I love the MTX scissors!

I used a Palio for about a year before I bought the MTX, but after I did I've literally used the Palio once. It's nothing against the Palio, they're phenomenal cutters, but I just love the scissors more.

So really I'm not sure if I like my MTX better because I like a scissor cutter better or if I think it's a superior cutter. I can't really tell you that.

I'll have to use my Palio this weekend and do a direct comparison. I'll post up my findings.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #25
Fia
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Fia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ditto. The retailer can exchange it if he wants to. The retailer will be given a replacement by Xikar for the one exchanged. I have heard of these situations before and it may be a case where the retailer is not purchasing a xikar item direct from Xikar but from a mid level distributor. In that case, the retailer may be unaware of the Xikar exchange policy that they have with retailers.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #26
Fia
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jon
Trading: (0)
Fia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I have one. It is indeed the sharpest thing on the planet.

Only complaint I have is one of the flip out attachments got bent too far back and it lost its tension. It now flops and flails around. I ended up taking a small drill and wedged it between the piece and the rest of the body to hold it in place.
Maybe you should have it exchanged if you dont mind mailing it in unless your retailer would like to do an exchange. Xikar uses the returns to see common problems to improve future designs.
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fia View Post
Maybe you should have it exchanged if you dont mind mailing it in unless your retailer would like to do an exchange. Xikar uses the returns to see common problems to improve future designs.

Actually I never thought about it. I'm normally not a Return It kinda guy but now that you mentioned it, I could stop by the retailer I bought it from, I'm near there twice a week anyway.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote