Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #1201
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Today's tip: Find a buddy to help you. Moral support and accountability are key.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/choo...ght-loss-buddy

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #1202
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

A good article on MOTIVATION:

http://gossipblower.com/2011/03/simp...ation/?amp&amp

Facebook can be your friend when it comes to getting motivated.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #1203
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

at the beginning of 2008 I was 240lbs. Today I am at 186. I'm trying to get back down to the 165 that I was in 2007. not too far now.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #1204
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
at the beginning of 2008 I was 240lbs. Today I am at 186. I'm trying to get back down to the 165 that I was in 2007. not too far now.
That's awesome!

Not an official weigh in, but I've been below the 250 mark for two days straight (249).

Insert quote here.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #1205
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
Well done, Earl.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #1206
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

216.6 today. I'm still stuck in a downward spiral. It's because we're working on a low-potassium diet for me. I'm afraid to eat anything, so I don't eat much of anything except high carb stuff like rice and noodles. I'm starting to learn what I can eat, so my "food I can eat" umbrella should start getting bigger. I don't think it'll ever get as big as "the food I can't eat", but it's an improvement.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #1207
piperman

My wife and I started the "The food Lovers Fat Loss System" it is a way of life not a diet. What it does is it resets your metabolism to burn fat instead of storing it buy eating three meals a day which includes one protein, one fast carb, and one slow carb, and a snack in between you need to eat every two to three hours. So far it has done wonders for us. We have been on it for 16 days and can already feel a difference. My wife is diabetic and her average sugar level was 190 to 210 while on insulin, now it is running in the 90s. We will get to weigh on 4/3 21 days after starting. I was 180.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #1208
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It sounds like it's going great, Randy. Congratulations!!!
Heck, it's worth continuing whether you've lost weight or not, just for benefit of your wife's health, right? I have to admit, the first half of your post I was half rolling my eyes, especially with a name like "The Food Lovers Fat Loss System". That turned to amazement when you mentioned what it's done for you wife's sugar. That truly is amazing.
Keep it up, brother!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #1209
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperman View Post
My wife and I started the "The food Lovers Fat Loss System" it is a way of life not a diet. What it does is it resets your metabolism to burn fat instead of storing it buy eating three meals a day which includes one protein, one fast carb, and one slow carb, and a snack in between you need to eat every two to three hours. So far it has done wonders for us. We have been on it for 16 days and can already feel a difference. My wife is diabetic and her average sugar level was 190 to 210 while on insulin, now it is running in the 90s. We will get to weigh on 4/3 21 days after starting. I was 180.
Awesome news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Heck, it's worth continuing whether you've lost weight or not, just for benefit of your wife's health, right? I have to admit, the first half of your post I was half rolling my eyes, especially with a name like "The Food Lovers Fat Loss System". That turned to amazement when you mentioned what it's done for you wife's sugar. That truly is amazing.
Keep it up, brother!!!
Amen. It's always cool to see the benefits other than weightloss.

I did 30 min. of strength training last night. I've had a great week and looking forward to check-in tomorrow morning.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #1210
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Chest day today. I put up 255 on the flat bench 3 times on my 4th set. thats the heaviest I've ever gone on flat bench. Feeling pretty good.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #1211
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Today's tip: Get your mind right:

http://cltbiggestlosers.blogspot.com...d-luke-do.html

Insert quote here.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #1212
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Good morning all, being part of a group definately makes this more doable. I just got back from a 10 day trip with many client dinners and hotel meals - smoked A LOT of great cigars however I am up to 254 this morning. I basically gained 5 lbs on my trip...

This is not good obviously however I am confident if I eat better and get out of the house at night I can remove this in a week.

Good luck to all and thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #1213
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

Spring break was rough on me. I put 11 pounds back on in the 11 days I was home. However, since I'm a little crazy about my weight after working so hard to drop 90 pounds, I managed to drop 6 of them in the last 2 days. Only 5 more until I'm back.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #1214
piperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Keep it up, brother!!!
Yes that is the best part (good blood sugar), and allot of people are skeptical of it, but it just brings us back to the original food triangle and how to use it. A nutritionist explain it as your metabolism is a furnace and if you dont fuel it, it will go out. To me it is worth a try.
And for some dumb reason my cigar is blowing up and wanting to split
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #1215
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
Spring break was rough on me. I put 11 pounds back on in the 11 days I was home. However, since I'm a little crazy about my weight after working so hard to drop 90 pounds, I managed to drop 6 of them in the last 2 days. Only 5 more until I'm back.
Vacation sucks when it comes to maintaining a proper diet. Only 5 more? You can do that easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperman View Post
Yes that is the best part (good blood sugar), and allot of people are skeptical of it, but it just brings us back to the original food triangle and how to use it. A nutritionist explain it as your metabolism is a furnace and if you dont fuel it, it will go out. To me it is worth a try.
And for some dumb reason my cigar is blowing up and wanting to split
You can't go wrong if you focus on the food pyramid.

Official weigh-in today was 249. Lowest I've been in a year! Gotta keep on keeping on and making progress. It's easier now that my wife is doing this with me.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #1216
rgrecco
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ronald
LFdC
rgrecco is on a distinguished road

Are there any Trainers in here who can help me put a workout program together??? I am 6'1'' 225#'s Average Build...

I am looking to loose some fat and bulk up... Because of my profession I am not looking to be under 200#'s... But if I can loose the fat and build the muscle I would be thrilled...

I really wanna do this but i currently just lack the motovation... I hate going to the gym because I DON"T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING... I need to go there with a set schedule and know what I have to do and get done...

I am a member of American Family Fitness... If you know the place its HUGE... 3 pools, Racket Ball Courts, Full size basket ball court, all the equipment in the world, and many classes (i am not into taking classes)...

Hope someone can help me out...

RON
rgrecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #1217
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Official weigh-in today was 249. Lowest I've been in a year! Gotta keep on keeping on and making progress. It's easier now that my wife is doing this with me.
Congrats Andy. I've been somewhat following this thread, more of late as I'm trying to lose more weight myself. About 2.5 years ago I was around 295-300lbs. After my Mom passed, I made a decision to make some lifestyle changes. Cut way back on processed foods, increase fruits/veggies, less protein. Over the course of two years, I dropped ~30lbs and was maintaining right around the 265-270 mark. Then two weeks ago i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My A1C test came back at 249. Ouch! Since then I've cut back on the carbs, increased my veggie intake even more and bumped up my protein a bit. Big thing was finally getting off my butt and start walking. I do 2-2.5 miles 5 days a week. Last week I was down to 260.6 (God i wanted into the 250's), and I know I've lost a bit more since then. With the meds and the diet change, my blood sugar's around 120 now. I"m hoping to get down to 225lbs and hopefully off the meds.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #1218
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrecco View Post
Are there any Trainers in here who can help me put a workout program together??? I am 6'1'' 225#'s Average Build...

I am looking to loose some fat and bulk up... Because of my profession I am not looking to be under 200#'s... But if I can loose the fat and build the muscle I would be thrilled...

I really wanna do this but i currently just lack the motovation... I hate going to the gym because I DON"T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING... I need to go there with a set schedule and know what I have to do and get done...

I am a member of American Family Fitness... If you know the place its HUGE... 3 pools, Racket Ball Courts, Full size basket ball court, all the equipment in the world, and many classes (i am not into taking classes)...

Hope someone can help me out...

RON
My wife goes to the gym almost every day. She does cardio every day, which you can actually do every other day. Then you do your upper body one day, then lowers the next. Or you can do your entire body on the weights one day, cardio the next.
Cardio burns the fat and builds enduranace while the weights build muscle. She asked me to tell you that free weights are far better for you than the machines.
Now, so far as cardio goes, she does the arc trainer (which is very close to the elliptical, and most gyms have one or the other or both) for 40 minutes. That's it. You could also walk the treadmill for 30-40 minutes, with intervals of high intensity/low intensity.
So far as the weights go, there are generally signs posted everywhere. Usually you can find a sign where you can get info to hire a trainer. That's not real necessary. The trainers at the gym will help. They'll go through all the machines with you and usually they'll give you a schedule/circuit to do that targets different areas.
If you just show up every day at the same time, you'll get used to faces and then simply ask someone who looks like they know what they're doing. Don't be afraid, they'll be glad to help, just catch them in between sets and be polite not to interrupt their workout. You may not get anything done that day, but they'll teach you, slow but sure. Then you can burn the rest of your time on the cardio machines.

There's a thread here that the muscleheads have, I thinking it's called "Pumping Your Buddy with Zemekone and Icehog3" or something like that. I'm sure someone can link it up if you can't find it. You can ask questions there, and the guys here that lift will help.

Okay, I think I've burned out my fingers.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #1219
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Oh yeah, I'm 220 today. I ate real good yesterday, and pushed some extra food in me on purpose so I'd move some meds out of my system. I was feeling particularly crappy for a few days. It worked good, I feel awesome today.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #1220
rgrecco
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ronald
LFdC
rgrecco is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response Shilala... Congrats on your progress... Keep up the good work!!!
rgrecco is offline   Reply With Quote