Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #1041
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Ok so I'm new to this board & thread, but I wanted to jump on in here... and give you my journey to date... I'd been slowly gaining weight since sophomore year of college and tried a couple of crash diets that were junk. I have a step-brother in a very similar situation and he decided to seek professional (weight loss management clinic) help. He is 22 weeks into the program and has lost 95 pounds and looks and feels the best that I have ever seen him look and feel. I jumped on board this same program about 6 weeks ago at 311.3 lbs. The program is small "meals" five times a day and 60-80 oz of water along with a workout plan/activity. Its geared as a life change and not a diet. It's sinking in well, with me getting to the gym on an eliptical 3-4/wk 30 mins each and soon I plan on adding a trainer. I weigh in on Wed. Nights (privately, with a nurse who also checks bp and I have blood work done every other week with a meeting with a doctor) so I'll be checking every Wed. Night/ Thursday with loss. (Sorry for hijacking, I thought a backstory was appropriate).

Starting weight - 311.3 lbs
Weighed in - 283.4 lbs
Total loss - 27.9 lbs

My goal is to be in a 38" waist pant (ideally 200 - 220) and possibly XL shirts, its more about finding what I'm happy with and not a number.
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #1042
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

good story, and keep it up

I've lost about 18 lbs so far, and i just walk in the mornings for 30 minutes, and tried increasing how often i eat, and decreased the size of meals. It's working slowly but surely, and i'm also not TOTALLY changing my lifestyle, i still indulge, and perhaps too often, but the weight is still slowly coming off. I didn't gain it overnight, and realism tells me the slower i lose it, the better chance i have of keeping it off.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #1043
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road

99.2 kg. ran 15km yesterday. last day of the world cup today + wednesday last day of my job.
i have one month just to work out. i am trying to start thursday with a half marathon.
no real air conditioning in my gym...
short term goal is to be under 90kg by august 15th...
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #1044
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I'll get on the scale in the morning after my spinning class and a good 30+ minutes on the treadmill. I'm hoping to be down 5+ lbs this week.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #1045
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

A little disappointed-only down 2.8 lbs this week, but I did get down under 215, which I haven't broken in at least 3 years that I know of. Busy week for me as I'll spend 2.5 hours at LA Fitness through the rest of the week while my girls are in VBS since I drop off/pick up. Certainly hope that rewards me below 210 in a week.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #1046
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think someone fed me a tree in my sleep. I'm back to a water and starvation diet. I've finally figured out a few things I eat that screw up my meds, and we've tested them, and I know what to avoid. The docs are pushing up my meds, and as I get better I can exercise more and get around more.
I should be twig skinny and ripped in no time.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #1047
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I hate to say it, but I'm bailing out on this thread until further notice. I'm not in the weightloss mood, as much as I want to lose weight, but my motivation is just not there right now. Congrats to all those who have lost big time, all the newcomers who have done a bang-up job, and all those who may be inspired by this thread. I will definitely be back, but it's just not happening for me right now. Low self-esteem and low metabolism/motivation issues are keeping me back. I'll be back in the game soon. If you have time, keep your thoughts and prayers with me in hopes that I might regain my focus soon.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #1048
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I hate to say it, but I'm bailing out on this thread until further notice. I'm not in the weightloss mood, as much as I want to lose weight, but my motivation is just not there right now. Congrats to all those who have lost big time, all the newcomers who have done a bang-up job, and all those who may be inspired by this thread. I will definitely be back, but it's just not happening for me right now. Low self-esteem and low metabolism/motivation issues are keeping me back. I'll be back in the game soon. If you have time, keep your thoughts and prayers with me in hopes that I might regain my focus soon.
I've been there many times myself. I have a couple of real motivating factors that have me really focused on reaching my goal. One is getting to
a point I can take my kids to the pool at Disney and not confusing them for sea world. The other is trying to figure out if taking pressure off my back will keep me from having another back surgery in December. The main thing is just not to let yourself go and gain back what you've already accomplished. Even when I'm on vacation next month, I plan on spending 30-45 minutes a day on the treadmill.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #1049
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hang in there, Andy.
Don't make it a job, just keep drinking lots of water.
Said a prayer for you, my friend. You're going to do great, I'm sure.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #1050
waffle

Missed the update yesterday... had a decent week, all things considered (A/C went out = no working out)...

Weighed in at 279.4 so a 4 lb loss for the week... if I can lose 4 a week for the whole plan, it'll be great and I'll be to my goal...

As a recap:

Weighed in - 279.4 lbs
Total loss - 31.9 lbs
Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #1051
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

in china, the food is amazing and im not even TRYING to eat healthy here, pigging out big time Back on it when im back home on monday
Old 07-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #1052
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

i am sick since wednesday. down too 95.4kg / 210,3lbs. couldnt workout + probably going to rebound abit
Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #1053
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I'm finally below 300lbs.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #1054
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

wow can't believe i only gained like 2-3 lbs in china, incredible since i had no reservations and ate like a pig. Back to it now. Went on a walk this morning after a lovely 4 hours of sleep, and will be getting subway for lunch/snacks
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #1055
forgop
Not a puffer

Very disappointing week considering how much cardio I put in. I was only down 1.4 lbs this week, but did pretty lousy on Sunday/Monday. Had a cookout on Sunday and just couldn't help myself from getting a burger, brat, and a dog. Yesterday was a challenge of sorts being on the road and having to eat out for 2 meals.

I've got to cut 13.4 lbs in 18 days if I'm going to make my goal before we go on vacation. I figure the last 11 days worth, I'll probably put in 3-3.5 hours/day split over 2 sessions each day if I'm going to have a chance to make it.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #1056
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I'm finally below 300lbs.
Awesome news, Ferdinand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Very disappointing week considering how much cardio I put in. I was only down 1.4 lbs this week, but did pretty lousy on Sunday/Monday. Had a cookout on Sunday and just couldn't help myself from getting a burger, brat, and a dog. Yesterday was a challenge of sorts being on the road and having to eat out for 2 meals.

I've got to cut 13.4 lbs in 18 days if I'm going to make my goal before we go on vacation. I figure the last 11 days worth, I'll probably put in 3-3.5 hours/day split over 2 sessions each day if I'm going to have a chance to make it.
Down 1.4 isn't dissapointing. Anytime a loss occurs it's a good thing.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #1057
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Down 1.4 isn't dissapointing. Anytime a loss occurs it's a good thing.
It's disappointing in the sense that I was hoping for twice that. I'll just have to work that much harder this week on my intake and get in 90+ minutes cardio/day over the next week.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #1058
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

ran 20 km today! longest distance that i ever ran. i am up a little butexpectedit official numbers on sunday
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 AM   #1059
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

96.4 kg. trying to get under 95 this week
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #1060
waffle

Missed the update yesterday... had a decent 2 weeks
Weighed in at 274.0 so a 5.4 lb loss for the weeks... Workouts are starting hot and heavy now as I can see the hill and the other side of 1/2 way mark.

As a recap:

Weighed in - 274.0 lbs
Total loss - 37.3 lbs