Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Legend

Default Gurkha beauty

An awesome cigar for the Gurkha ho. First its lives up to its name. Georgous Conn wrapper. Sweet draw and even burn. The beauty is probably the most flavorful mild cigar there is. With a whole extra dynamic added when pushed through the nose. Which is smooth and creamy.

Its a great smoke but not really my style. I prefer a fuller bodied smoke. Its a nice treat when I'm in the mood for it. You guys who like mild stogies will probably make this a 4 but I give it a 3.9. I truly wonderful smoke. The only drawback would be the hefty price tag. I was able to get a box of 25 for 350 which puts them at 14 bucks a stick. Considerably less than the 35+ typical for California retail.

As a side note these are my wifes favorite smoke. I was hoping the cremosa would strike her fancy but she got good taste.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - Gurkha beauty

These are a great cigar. I got one in a 5-pack tin that had a Beauty, Beast, Shaggy, and 2 others in it, from Tampa Humidor in 2007. The tin was only $36 bucks, and when I smoked the Beauty, I started looking for more. Then I saw the box price and gave that idea up pretty quickly. Went back to Tampa Humidor to get more 5 packs, but the tins had gone up by quite a bit by then.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Legend

Default Re: Legend - Gurkha beauty

Unfortunate price tag. But a truly great mild smoke.