Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Cigar of the Gods - Natural Amazon

Received the complimentary 3-pack and after dry boxing for (almost) a couple of days decided to see what they are about.

Online site info:
Adonis Natural Cigars use an Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper, Cuban seed Honduran long fillers, and a Connecticut broadleaf binder. A mild to medium bodied blonde cigar that will entice you with its buttery creamy flavor.
---

Smoked the cigar just after midnight last night, with cool temp (~61F) and light breeze, which most likely contributed to the uneven burn of the cigar at the start (although I am sure some more time in the dry box would fix even that). By the time I was done with the first third the burn evened out by itself and I did not have any issues with it afterward.

The cigar seems to be properly rolled with no soft spots and a nice, even and not veiny wrapper. Draw was about right with good amount of smoke produced.

Cigar starts with mildly sweet and spicy flavors, with some cedar notes as well. Sweet is more related to milk chocolate and spice, at least to me, was of the white pepper variety, which mostly registered on the sides of the tongue. This spicy note was consistent throughout the cigar.

By the time I got to the second third, that sweet milk chocolate note intensified a bit and turned to brown sugar, spicy note intensified as well as did the body with deeper and more rounded notes all around with woodiness also chiming in by now. Where first third "registered" as mild to mid in body, second third was more in the mid body camp.

Last third brought another change in flavor, with spicy notes taking on more leading role and sweetness went from brown sugar back to milk chocolate again with a tinge of caramel thrown in. Body retreated back into mild to mid territory.

All along the cigar produced clean aftertaste, with some initial notes of "harshness", if you could call it that, which I believe are related to the youthfulness of the cigar, some aging (6-12 months) should benefit the cigar a lot, IMO. One of the signs of whether I like a cigar is, "Is this cigar nub worthy" and in this case I can say I nubbed it as long as I could.

Looking forward to trying out the other two.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
mariogolbee

Default Re: Cigar of the Gods - Natural Amazon

I just finished smoking one of these I have to agree with you Greg. This was a pretty good smoke. I thought it would be much more mild than it turned out to be. I am very pleased.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Might have one of them before work tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Man, now I really want to try one of these
Old 09-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

Got my resting will check on them in about 6 mo...
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Just about done with the Adonis Natural from my sampler, and the OP was dead on with his review. The only downside was an over-glued band, which caused a wrapper tear.
I think if you like mild(er), peppery sticks like the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, the Adonis Natural is definitely worth a try.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Very nice review Greg.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Thanks for the review Greg.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the review!