Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Campo Verde robusto

I went to my favorite B&M in Amsterdam, Hartman cigars on the Beethovenstraat, and Marjolein, the owner, gave me a Panamese cigar called Campo Verde. She just got it from a representative to sample it. The cigar is made by the Panamese cigar company Colón and the first ever cigar made with the Fair Trade principle. These cigars will be released on the Dutch market soon.

The cigar comes in cellophane and has a nice, simple band. The wrapper is quite smooth, oily and there is a thin long vein running in the length of the leaf. The cigar has a lot of aroma, a mild acidy barnyard smell. The construction feels good, no plugs, no soft under filled spots. The single cap isn't placed nicely, it could look much better. The predraw is fine and leaves a mild peppery flavor in my mouth.

When I light this 4.5 inch 52 ring robusto I can taste a full coffee flavor but after a few puffs I taste a mild sour flavor, not unpleasant though. The coffee fades away and the mild sour flavor becomes a bit spicier.

The sour flavor disappears and I get some wood and after an inch the aftertaste is very mild chocolate. The wood flavor becomes a bit stronger. Halfway all the flavors gain some strength. At the 2/3rd point I get a very pleasant herbal with nuts flavor.

There is quite some build up in this cigar, judging by the length and duration of the flame while purging. The cigar produces quite a lot of medium thick smoke. The draw is just fine and the ash is light gray. The burn is frayed, but reasonably straight and burns at just the right pace. The flavor palate of this medium bodied medium flavored cigar is smooth and mellow. I think this if a great cigar if you want something without a bite. The cigar lasted me 90 minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? I think so, this is a very nice cigar when you want something mellow

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part): 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part): 7 / 10
Aroma (third part): 7 / 10
Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Campo Verde robusto

Thanks for the review Ferdie!! Well done as always.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

Great Review
0002S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks Ferd.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote