Hudaddy
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Hudaddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3nty View Post
I like Leben, another crazy guy, but I thing Bisping will be too much for him. Leben is one dimensional and stubborn. He sticks to a fight path even if it is gonna fail him.

Leben has one power move. Hit the other guys fists as hard as he can with his big giant melon.

He's got heavy hands, a big boulder of a noggin, but short alligator arms.

I think Bisping is gonna take him.
Hudaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Nice to see this thread up and running! I left this morning and there were no posts, now there is 16!
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
TriStar
Smokes, let's go.

TriStar is on a distinguished road

Well everyone needs to get their post count up now since the slate was wiped clean lol
Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Will Kimblow ever go away:

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/30/kimbo...-eve-in-japan/

Kimbo Slice (3-1) is eyeing a return to action against the man who defeated him in just 14 seconds at Elite XC: “Heat” on October 4, Seth “The Silverback” Petruzelli (10-4), according to an interview in a recent article with the Sun-Sentinel.

The possible destination for the rematch is the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve event in Japan.

Petruzelli was a last minute replacement for an injured Ken Shamrock when he faced Kimbo the first time around. He stunned the bearded brawler and an arena full of his hometown faithful that night by landing a straight right directly on the button and finishing him off in only 14 seconds.

The win didn’t come without some negative effects for Petruzelli, however. He made some comments on an Orlando morning radio program two days later that reeked of possible match fixing. The interview sparked an investigation into Elite XC and later was among the contributing causes to the promotion going under.

Regardless, Petruzelli was quick to say he would give Slice a rematch at the post event presser in Sunrise. And realistically it was only a matter of time before the fight was inked. But with the demise of the promotion, it was uncertain whether or not Petruzelli vs. Kimbo II would ever happen.

Both fighters are free agents now (or will be soon) and if this latest report is active, we’ll be seeing the two square off again before the end of 2008.

Petruzelli is a wrestling and karate expert who likes to finish his opponents with his striking. Nine times he’s had his hand raised because of a knockout. His only losses in his eight-year career have come to UFC veterans Gan McGee, Mario Neto, Matt Hamill and Wilson Gouveia.

Kimbo made his mark on the entertainment world by knocking out dudes in Miami backyards. By airing the footage on YouTube.com he became an overnight celebrity and fighting professionally soon became his calling.

He enlisted the help of legendary mixed martial artist Bas Rutten as his head trainer and he’s been training consistently for more than two years now. His first setback was the loss to Seth and it’ll be interesting to see how he responds in his next fight … especially if it’s a rematch with “The Silverback.”

Also rumored to be competing on the DREAM K-1 New Year’s Eve event are Joachim Hansen, Hayato “Mach” Sakurai, Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinya Aoki, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Masakazu Imanari, Takeshi Yamazaki, Atsushi Yamamoto, Kuniyoshi Hironaka, Minowaman, Kiyoshi Tamura, Seichi Ikemoto, Yuichi Nakanishi, Yasuhiro Kido, Yoshihiro Sato, Norifumi “KID” Yamamoto, Caol Uno, Hideo Tokoro, Masakatsu Funaki, Katsuyori Shibata, Junichi Sawayashiki, Taishin Kohiruimaki, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Gegard Mousasi and Hong Man Choi.

Star studded to say the least.

With a lineup like this, it’s safe to say Kimbo and Seth won’t be main eventing this one. If so, it will be the first time in his career that the Miami native was not the headliner.

We’ll keep you posted on more news regarding this fight and event as it’s announced.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Anyone watching Sengoku tonight?
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

I'm looking for a stream.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Found a couple. Starts at 3am.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

I only got through half the event before falling asleep. I caught the rest of the fights later. A pretty solid show! It looks to me, on the whole, these guys are much more technically proficient than the fighters over here. Then again hasn't that always beent he case in Japan.

Oh, another update on liars at EliteXC. Seth had no KO bonus in the contract as the organization had claimed.
http://www.mmaconvert.com/2008/10/27...appen-claimed/

Another update provided in the link says there may have been a bonus but I wouldn't believe those idiots if they told me the sky was blue.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba

Chris Leben tests positive for steroids:
http://mmamania.com/2008/11/03/chris...r-ufc-89-loss/

Chris Leben tested positive for Stanazolol in a test administered by UFC on the day of his fight with Michael Bisping on 10/18 in Birmingham, England. Leben, who lost a three-round decision, has been suspended for nine months by UFC and fined one-third of his undisclosed purse.”

More on this breaking news shortly.

LAME!!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
Chris Leben tests positive for steroids:
http://mmamania.com/2008/11/03/chris...r-ufc-89-loss/

Chris Leben tested positive for Stanazolol in a test administered by UFC on the day of his fight with Michael Bisping on 10/18 in Birmingham, England. Leben, who lost a three-round decision, has been suspended for nine months by UFC and fined one-third of his undisclosed purse.”

More on this breaking news shortly.

LAME!!
That sucks to hear!!! I like Leben as a fighter, but lost alot of respect in him for this
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba

Wow, anyone see the WEC card on Wednesday? MY LORD! Faber get's TKO'ed, Jens Pulver gets destroyed, and Paulo Filho goes absolutely bananas and talks to people that aren't there and looked like garbage.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Garbage is a compliment to his actions. What a horrible preformance. First, he doesn't make weight then that. Terrible. Both Faber and Pulver got owned!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #13
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

The Faber fight really surprised me. He got rocked hard. As much as I like him, Jens is well past his prime. The way Filho acted out there was ridiculous. He needs professional help. Also, I have no idea how the title holder can't make weight for a fight. That is just unacceptable.
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #14
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdbwolverines View Post
Also, I have no idea how the title holder can't make weight for a fight. That is just unacceptable.
I agree. I think he should automatically lose the belt. He said he is giving the belt to Chonnen anyways, but I don't know how official that is. He is also considering a move to 205.

Whatever. He's seemed really messed up in the head for the last year or so.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
Darrell

UFC 91's MAIN EVENT is going to be interesting. Couture vs. Lesnar.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #16
MileHighGolfer

no offense here and im even willing to up it slightly..

it had to suck for randy to be put in a place to legitimize this freakshow that is lesnar... talk about pwnage by UFC... randy tried so hard to get out of his contract with them so he could move on in the spirit of MMA and fight worthy opponents..obviously, they kept winning the legal battles. White basically said, look if you ever want to fight again you have to complete this contract and now as an added twist, you have to legitimize my freak.. then you only have 1 more fight on your contract with the UFC and maybe we will try and make Fedor happen for you...(not likely)
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
No offense here. Lesner has showed some skill but I certainly dont think he deserves a shot this early. And I can't stand the whole 'Wrestling' persona he puts on when he wins, grabing the mike and yelling like he is on WWE.
It's all about the money for Dana.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
It's all about the money for Dana.
No, he wouldn't base match decisions just for the sake money.

That's probably why Machida is waiting in line for his shot. Fighters have to draw the money in if they what to be crowned. It sucks in a way but can understand the business side of it. Have to be able to sale the fight to make a profit.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
No, he wouldn't base match decisions just for the sake money.

That's probably why Machida is waiting in line for his shot. Fighters have to draw the money in if they what to be crowned. It sucks in a way but can understand the business side of it. Have to be able to sale the fight to make a profit.
No doubt, Ken, but I wish it were based more on what is fair than on what is profitable.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #20
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
No doubt, Ken, but I wish it were based more on what is fair than on what is profitable.
Quote:
I am in agreement for the most part, I just think there is a proving process, or I like to think there is, and Lesnar hasn't proven himself.
I concur 2x.

Another fight or two would give him added experience and more time in training and aside from Mir and Nog I really don't think anyone else was going to stop him. Not to discredit any of the other HW's. Lesnar brings a physicality that can even the playing field when there is such a discrepancy in skill level.

Quote:
It seems that it would be right and fair to give Nogiera his shot before Lesnar gets his.
I think Lesnar should have fought the loser of Mir & Nog. Well, really I think he should have fought someone before these guys, but..blah.

Quote:
if Lesnar wins would that legitimize him?
Interesting way to put it.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote