Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #4221
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
deleted at request of elderboy02
Man, come to think of it, small landscape rocks also.
Just imagine how many in a bag and how many folks can lose their lives as result of an irresponsible homeowner or landscaper.
Background checks for ALL/everything!!!!

Last edited by icehog3; 01-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #4222
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Hurry! Cabela's has 5.56 in stock: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Feder...h-All+Products
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #4223
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

good ammo too... tempting...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #4224
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Too late now.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #4225
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I'm not thrilled with them making it all that much difficult to buy guns, but in today's environment, I'd take the increased regulations on P2P transactions than I would with them banning weapons/mags.

I'm certain one or the other will be coming, but to what extent, I don't know.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #4226
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I'm not thrilled with them making it all that much difficult to buy guns, but in today's environment, I'd take the increased regulations on P2P transactions than I would with them banning weapons/mags.

I'm certain one or the other will be coming, but to what extent, I don't know.

I am certain there won't be - haha

On the Today show this morning, NRA President David Keene predicted to show host Matt Lauer that Congress would not successfully pass an assault weapons ban in 2013.

“I do not think that there is going to be a ban on so-called assault weapons passed by the Congress,” Keene declared, after Lauer asked him if the NRA was powerful enough to block the legislation.

Lauer questioned Keene about whether the power of the NRA was “eroded” after the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

This Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners – honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation’s most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works – and what does not.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #4227
forgop
Not a puffer

It's not congress that really worries me. As far as those who will listen, it's quite clear the NRA is indicating there will be lots of $100 handshakes.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #4228
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
It's not congress that really worries me. As far as those who will listen, it's quite clear the NRA is indicating there will be lots of $100 handshakes.
I think I missed that part of the story.

In other news....

The gun shop that jacked up the price on the I-tac I ordered has resorted to buying out our local fredmeyer store of certain guns and selling them on gunbroker.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #4229
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

In the past few weeks, I've had the chance to fire a pretty good selection of handguns and we're looking to make our first purchase soon after the wife completes a class. Are there websites out there that can do a side-by-side comparison on a variety of weapon features, including things like cost?

Looking at sticking with a 9mm, and this would not be for cc. So far, we've prioritized these:

Springfield XDM
HK P30
Sig 226
Glock 19

My preference was for the Sig, but the wife was very comfortable & accurate with the XDM. We also fired, but are not interested in buying:

M&P Shield
Kahr PM9
Ruger LC9

I've searched through this thread and picked up a lot of good info, so thanks for that already! Any extra thoughts or suggestions on our top list would be appreciated

Old 01-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #4230
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post

My preference was for the Sig, but the wife was very comfortable & accurate with the XDM. We also fired, but are not interested in buying:
Get both! Seriously, if its within budget go for it. Get what felt good to you/wife. For me the only downside I explain to people about a SA/DA gun like the Sig is, you need to learn and practice with the both trigger pulls. The striker fired guns are simply one trigger pull to learn.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #4231
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Went to gun show in Ft. Lauderdale this morning with my son.
Paid for parking and after seeing there was little chance of getting in due to mob that was there, went home.
It was like nothing I have ever seen.
I thought I was going to the BCS championship game or Super Bowl.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #4232
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post

What was the price when it was available Dan?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #4233
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
What was the price when it was available Dan?
$194 for a 500 can.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #4234
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Hopefully I have 6mags in my mailbox when I go check
Old 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #4235
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Went to gun show in Ft. Lauderdale this morning with my son.
Paid for parking and after seeing there was little chance of getting in due to mob that was there, went home.
It was like nothing I have ever seen.
I thought I was going to the BCS championship game or Super Bowl.
That's going on all over the country. Was reading about one in northeastern Ohio this weekend that had the "bonus" of parking on just-thawed-out grass. The tow truck operators were maybe making easier money than the show dealers!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #4236
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

My latest acquisition was a Browning Hi Power Mark III (black epoxy finish) chambered in 40 S&W caliber. Best I can tell Browning/FN stopped importing the .40 version some time ago, not sure they're even still in production. This one was made in 1993 but in virtually unfired condition. Well, until it fell into my clutches, that is.

Have tried out several .40 S&W handguns thru the years, the BHP is among the best imo. When they made them they didn't just shoehorn a .40 barrel into a nine millimeter platform. The slide was widened, extra locking lug added to the barrel and slide, heavier recoil spring added. Those changes make it as pleasant to shoot as the 9 mm version.

The epoxy based finish used on the BHP may not be pretty, but past experience has shown it to be very resilient, even with frequent carry. If you're in the market for a modern era BHP to tote and use a bunch I highly recommend this finish over the blued.

As to the still available new 9mm Browning Hi Powers...

For what it's worth the "silver chrome" (Browning's name for hardchrome) model BHP is also very durable, but dang those can be hard to locate, they haven't done that finish in several years now. The Practical Model is epoxy black over silver chrome, think those are still imported, or at least some remain in the new supply pipeline.

Oh, one more variant surfaced a few years ago and may still be out there new: A digital camo finish. Again, not much to look at, but I believe that finish is again epoxy based, and should be tough.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #4237
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
$194 for a 500 can.
That's not bad if it's true M855 and 500 rounds. Most I have seen packaged like that are 420 rounds and a bit cheaper.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #4238
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
That's not bad if it's true M855 and 500 rounds. Most I have seen packaged like that are 420 rounds and a bit cheaper.
Not lately u haven't. Have priced ammo lately? cTD had m855 for a dollar a round lately
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #4239
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Sorry, meant 420.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #4240
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

No mags today