Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #121
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to find Ronson Jetlite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron72 View Post
Definitely my plan, just have to wait on a little more inventory before I hop in.
have you tried checking out a few different wal-marts? the one by me almost always has them. Ive cleaned them out like twice.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #122
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
None of my local gas stations or Walmarts have them. Big thanks to Wallbright for the NST jetlite!
No problem. I am glad you like it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #123
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

A lot of the sales people at Walmart don't know what these lighters are... best bet is to head to where the tobacco is sold and look around for yourself. I found them after being repeatedly told they don't carry them.
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #124
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
A lot of the sales people at Walmart don't know what these lighters are... best bet is to head to where the tobacco is sold and look around for yourself. I found them after being repeatedly told they don't carry them.
same, and if you cant find them at your local walmart. they are "always" kept in the rack next to tobacco.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #125
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
When I have found them at Walmart, they only have them at the one checkout where they sell tobacco. They usually don't have a lot of them, so you have to pick through all the other lighters to find the one peg of Jetlites.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #126
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolomon View Post
When I have found them at Walmart, they only have them at the one checkout where they sell tobacco. They usually don't have a lot of them, so you have to pick through all the other lighters to find the one peg of Jetlites.
Just to add to this...I usually have to ask the cashier in the tobacco isle for them because they keep them with the cartons at the Walmart I go to.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #127
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Local Wal-Mart now has them back, with the Zippo print on the back as others posted. Same price, $2.97. I picked up only one, but there were 10 or so.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #128
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Found a Walgreens by me that did have them, but are currently out. $5/ea though. Still not a bad deal.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #129
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

I went into a local Wal Mart last night and they didn't have any. They didn't even have butane fuel there.

I should check out a Walgreens or something, doubt they'll have them. I have no luck when I'm looking for the simplest things.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #130
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom View Post
I went into a local Wal Mart last night and they didn't have any. They didn't even have butane fuel there.

I should check out a Walgreens or something, doubt they'll have them. I have no luck when I'm looking for the simplest things.
None of the walmarts here sell them, I found an out of the way CVS or maybe it is a RiteAid that has them. Nobody else or any other branches here have them.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #131
thechrisdotcom

I wonder if the "other" kind of smoke shops would have them. Ya know, like those stores with a crappy selection of some cigars and then everything else is cigs, 420 crap, and beer and snacks. Those places usually have a crap load of useless accessories. Though a Ronson isn't useless, haha.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #132
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom View Post
I wonder if the "other" kind of smoke shops would have them. Ya know, like those stores with a crappy selection of some cigars and then everything else is cigs, 420 crap, and beer and snacks. Those places usually have a crap load of useless accessories. Though a Ronson isn't useless, haha.
I doubt it, most B&Ms and smoke shops seem to never have heard of them. At least the ones i have talked to. It is a shame because they could make a killing on them.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #133
thechrisdotcom

Well most of the smoke shops around here, mainly the Asian ran ones, have tons of Zippos. And since Ronson is owned by Zippo now, I would assume maybe they'd have em? I dunno.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #134
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

i can get them at the walmart by me. Might be able to pick them up for people

most wal-marts that ive been to carry them.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #135
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

My regional grocery chain carries them for about $6 each. Last couple of times I went to Walgreens they were out. CVS didn't even have a tag for them.

Been to 3 Wally Worlds, and none have them.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #136
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Only one I picked up was at Walgreens for $5, I sent it to WittyUserName(Adam) for a trade...it was the last one they had.

Never seen them at Walmart
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #137
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Only one I picked up was at Walgreens for $5, I sent it to WittyUserName(Adam) for a trade...it was the last one they had.

Never seen them at Walmart
Keep looking. They had them local by me for years, then when Zippo bought out Ronson they dissappeared for 8-10 months. Now all of a sudden their back.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #138
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants one, I will be willing to pick one up if you can't find them.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #139
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Keep looking. They had them local by me for years, then when Zippo bought out Ronson they dissappeared for 8-10 months. Now all of a sudden their back.
I will continue to look, but now that I know Walgreens carry them, no worries.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #140
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I've found these a grand total of once in the last five years. That's traveling all over a good part of PA and OH. When I did find them they were in a checkout line at the Walmart in PA where I lived.
The SuperWally here has the tobacco at a single cash register. I'll check that option. CVS and Walgreen's here, nothing. They're either a regional thing or they hide them real well, or I suck at hunting them up.