Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #201
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
We can't see eye to eye on this, haha. As a Bills fan, the last team I want to see win it is the effing Pats.

But in other news, I feel so bad for Aaron Rodgers, with the exception of 1 or 2 poor throws he played so well, the lack of D and 13 dropped passes lost that game. Not saying the Pack would have one, but had all those passes not been dropped the game would have been so much more exciting...
Lack of D? Yeah, the Giants got a lot of yards, but the stops came when they needed to. The offense was to blame for this loss. The dropped passes were huge. The number of fumbles was huge.

The Packers played poorly and the Giants played well.

I think I'm going to have to root for the 49ers now.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #202
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Lack of D? Yeah, the Giants got a lot of yards, but the stops came when they needed to. The offense was to blame for this loss. The dropped passes were huge. The number of fumbles was huge.

That, and you could just tell that Rodgers lost all faith in his entire receiving corps somewhere in the third quarter and started checking down to his runningbacks.

Good grief, giving up that halftime-Hail-Mary is simply inexcusable. Even as poor as they were playing (and coaching) to that point, going into the half down by three and getting the ball back would've made it a completely different ballgame.

All I can say is what a waste...
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #203
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I was really pulling for you guys, I HATE the giants! Well I mostly hate Eli and I dislike the giants.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #204
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That, and you could just tell that Rodgers lost all faith in his entire receiving corps somewhere in the third quarter and started checking down to his runningbacks.

Good grief, giving up that halftime-Hail-Mary is simply inexcusable. Even as poor as they were playing (and coaching) to that point, going into the half down by three and getting the ball back would've made it a completely different ballgame.

All I can say is what a waste...
I felt the same way. On all 3 counts really. And I felt that Rodgers was just frustrated. They receivers said before the game "Aaron is the kind of quarterback that wont get mad or abandon you if you drop a pass, but get it right back to you to keep your head up." But that many drops was just in excusable.

The half time Hail Mary made me sad, how does no one even get a hand on the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I was really pulling for you guys, I HATE the giants! Well I mostly hate Eli and I dislike the giants.
Agreed. Eli and most of the Giants receiving corps just frustrates me. My room-mate is a hardcore Giants fan and is so ungodly obnoxious.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #205
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Would've been a blast to hang out with this guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com article
Who's Peter Serafin, you ask? Well, he's a successful New York businessman and avid Packers fan who decided to drop $240,000 on a road trip to the NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Giants at Lambeau Field.
How to drop $240K without trying:

» 1,086 miles to travel in a 70-foot RV

» 2 waitresses

» 3 TVs

» 26 bottles of champagne

» 65 Kobe beef burgers

» 100 gallons of beer

» 150 pounds of prime beef

» 10 live lobsters

» 6 seats on the 50-yard line
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #206
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

» 2 waitresses

» 3 TVs

» 65 Kobe beef burgers

» 100 gallons of beer

» 10 live lobsters

Ouch!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #207
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post

I think I'm going to have to root for the 49ers now.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
You Shouldn't Have Made Fun Of My Saints, Brother! Bad Karma!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #208
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Funny how the two favorites to win the division both had EPIC failures of execution.
Watching the Saints self-destruct was just a chrusher. Then to see them come roaring
back for the "win" was great...only it wasn't a win. At least they didn't look like LSU ;(
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #209
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Funny how the two favorites to win the division both had EPIC failures of execution.
Watching the Saints self-destruct was just a chrusher. Then to see them come roaring
back for the "win" was great...only it wasn't a win. At least they didn't look like LSU ;(
I think that was the most bizarre playoff game I've ever watched. 49ers get a quick 17 point lead, then a snoozer, then the Saints start chipping away at the lead, then they score to go up 24-23. Then, all Hell breaks loose. I had no horse in that race, which made it some of the most exciting playoff football I think I've ever seen. I can't even begin to imagine what it would've been like to be a fan of one of these franchises; I probably would've developed an aneurysm.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #210
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Wow, Shane...We finally agree on something when it comes to the NFL!

This week I'm pulling for the Harbaughs.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #211
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
This week I'm pulling for the Harbaughs.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #212
MoreBeer

Amazing they lost when its was obvious the NFL gave clear and absolute instruction to the Officials to make certain the Packers win. There's no theory in that conspiracy. Just fact.

Now, the Giants go all the way and beat the Patriots "again" in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #213
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
Amazing they lost when its was obvious the NFL gave clear and absolute instruction to the Officials to make certain the Packers win. There's no theory in that conspiracy. Just fact.

Now, the Giants go all the way and beat the Patriots "again" in the Super Bowl.
O.K. I'll bite. On what do you base your assertion? (fwiw - I'm a Giants fan)
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #214
goomer

Quote:

» 2 waitresses

» 3 TVs

» 65 Kobe beef burgers

» 100 gallons of beer

» 10 live lobsters

I wonder why he didn't fly?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #215
MoreBeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
O.K. I'll bite. On what do you base your assertion? (fwiw - I'm a Giants fan)

Exactly what were you watching? Obviously not the game if you really need to ask that question. FWIW, I'm good friends with an extremely prominent former Giants player who you'd know quite well and even he has a similar opinion.

I'd like to add that this friend of mine (can't say who) also told me that he expects the NFL to announce an apology to the Giants regarding the poor (a.k.a. skewed) officiating. He also expects (was told) the apology to be made public information. So if I know that, I'm not yanking your stogie brother.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #216
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Exactly what were you watching? Obviously not the game if you really need to ask that question. FWIW, I'm good friends with an extremely prominent former Giants player who you'd know quite well and even he has a similar opinion.

I'd like to add that this friend of mine (can't say who) also told me that he expects the NFL to announce an apology to the Giants regarding the poor (a.k.a. skewed) officiating. He also expects (was told) the apology to be made public information. So if I know that, I'm not yanking your stogie brother.
Sounds like a former Giant I actually worked for in the early 90's who might have snorted away his brains based on his behavior.

I'm guessing you and your prominent Giant friend are talking about the roughing the passer call at the end? I watched the whole game and besides that, it looked to be fairly balanced officiating.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #217
MoreBeer

That, a few other things and of course the fumble which was miraculously not a fumble although a one eyed man with glaucoma could easily see on instant replay that it was, in fact, a fumble.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #218
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

So the NFL will be making a public appology regarding the calls?

Thanks for breaking it here first!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #219
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:

Obviously humility is not your strong suit. Welcome to Cigar Asylum.

I do not contend that there were some questionable calls. There are in every game. What I was asking about is what you based your "not opinion-fact" statement on. As a new member here, nobody knows you from Adam. So why would anyone here take your statements as absolute fact?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #220
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Sounds like a former Giant I actually worked for in the early 90's who might have snorted away his brains based on his behavior.

I'm guessing you and your prominent Giant friend are talking about the roughing the passer call at the end? I watched the whole game and besides that, it looked to be fairly balanced officiating.
Pete - I agree wholeheartedly that the call was suspect.
Given that, allow me to don my