Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #41
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any experience with egars.com???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTeen View Post
Checked Palios warranty:http://www.paliocutter.com/warranty.htm Apparently you can get replacement at ANY palio vendor.
If the vendor has no relationship with Palio and gets them from a secondary source, what would be the vendor's incentive to hand over a new Palio and go through Palio for the replacement? In other words, is a vendor who sells Palios that they don't get from Palio actually a "Palio vendor"?

Now Palio itself is topshelf and would replace or repair it through the mail regardless of where you bought it, but I myself would just as soon go through someone that Palio has an established relationship with. 6 one way, half dozen the other.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #42
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
Thanks for taking one for the team. I hope to place an order with soon too. You have eased my concerns!
Now remember,,,my deal was for inventory that was pretty easy so I am not ready to comit that these guys are "the bomb" until I get some serious premium cigars without a hitch from them. I wasn't taking a real risk in that my credit card protects me from bad deals. I am going to order some 5 paks for premium cigars and see how they do with those before I give them full credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldforge View Post
If those turn out to be legit I have a problem:

(1)Nowhere to store more boxes of smokes after the Monster got me in the last couple of weeks (including a box of VSGs and a box of San Cristobals).
(2)My credit card really could use some rest (see #1)
(3)My "wanna get at those crazy prices" list is scary long.

I am afraid to read this thread any more. :-)
LOL,,,c'mon,,,don't be afraid of the dark side,,,laught at CBID and blow smoke in the face of cut rate cigar places,,,I have about 15 deals I want to do with these guys,,but one step at a time.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #43
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

i went to HELP to check weather they do shipping to my country..and below is what they state;
Quote:
Do you ship to my country?
Please create an account by clicking the "My Account / Order Status" link at the top right hand side of our site. During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details including country. If your country is not in the dropdown menu of available countries, unfortunately we cannot ship to your country at this time.
when i go all the process and then i find out they only ship to US and Israel!

come on! might as well state it clear "We only ship our cigar to Us and Israel ONLY"

what a waste of time
Old 09-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #44
coastietech

For those of you who are tempted by the pricing at this site but don't want to risk ordering from someone that isn't really well known if you call Holts customer service and send them the links to what you want they will honor the Egar price. Just a heads up. :Tu
Old 09-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #45
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastietech View Post
For those of you who are tempted by the pricing at this site but don't want to risk ordering from someone that isn't really well known if you call Holts customer service and send them the links to what you want they will honor the Egar price. Just a heads up. :Tu

Now THAT is some great news!!!!!
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #46
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the tip Coastie.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #47
BOME

Thumbs down Re: Any experience with egars.com???

Horrible service. The owner has worse attitude then people that work for him . Do not order anything from this site!!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #48
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOME View Post
Horrible service. The owner has worse attitude then people that work for him . Do not order anything from this site!!
Welcome to Cigar Asylum. Glad to have you here.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road

I had the worse experience with this company lately, placed an order and they NEVER sent a tracking number, sent FOUR letters no response.

Found out today the order is on back-order , again no letter of communication

Had to call them and found this out and complained about they never responded to any of my 4 emails. they seemed to have found my comment a irritation more then helping improve customer relations.

And there email is not even available on there sight, you have hunt to do it through the comment page, frickin joke

I could give a chit if there prices are good, you can offer me a new car at one dollar but if your out it means squat
NEVER AGAIN