Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #741
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Games thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
UGH That game is EPIC frustrating. No direction, stupid time limits on everything. I gave up, you can't even have fun. Constant searching for zombrex which is all HIDDEN god why??

Game gave me a headache.

EDIT also saving in that game....MY GOD you start 30 minutes - 1 hour back.....AWFUL.
Just kill things. grab a shotgun, broad sword/axe, and a few combo items and kill things. enjoy.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #742
hammer26a

i've got my eye on the new civilization v. i'm a civ junkie, can't seem to get enough of that game. i love it because you can customize it to be a short game, or make it last for hours and hours and each time you play it the game is different. highly recommend it for folks who like games like simcity mixed with risk.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #743
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
UGH That game is EPIC frustrating. No direction, stupid time limits on everything. I gave up, you can't even have fun. Constant searching for zombrex which is all HIDDEN god why??

Game gave me a headache.

EDIT also saving in that game....MY GOD you start 30 minutes - 1 hour back.....AWFUL.
If you open your watch and select a quest it will arrow you towards your objective. And if you can't find zombrex you can just buy it at the pawn shop.
The bigger question is why worry, the story sucks, it's all about mindlessly killing zombies in fun and creative ways. The moment I duck taped a pitchfork to a shotgun I knew the game was going to be absolutely absurd.

Two big new releases today, Fable 3 and Force Unleashed 2.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #744
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer26a View Post
i've got my eye on the new civilization v. i'm a civ junkie, can't seem to get enough of that game. i love it because you can customize it to be a short game, or make it last for hours and hours and each time you play it the game is different. highly recommend it for folks who like games like simcity mixed with risk.
I'm avoiding buying this game. I think I need to get a new laptop and then this game can maybe start happening on the train. The original is why I started gaming in the first place, and it's a slippery slope, not dissimilar to some other slopes you may be familiar with.

I must admit that I chuckled a little seeing your comparison to simcity. simcity is multiple orders of magnitude below Civ in terms of complexity. It's like comparing reading a single day of a newspaper comic strip to reading the Lord of the Rings.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #745
Darrell

For anyone playing Fallout: New Vegas on 360, maybe you can help.

I am idolized by the Boomers inside Nellis AFB. As soon as I attempt to exit or re-enter via the gate I am blown to ****. I'm not wearing NCR armor, I don't know what's up.

Anyone?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #746
Darrell

I am convinced it's a glitch, but I got around it. All is well.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #747
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Anyone out here playing LOTRO? If so, I play on the Riddermark server.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #748
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Well, I renewed WoW. It is a hell of a lot of fun, and I set the parental controls on my own account to only let me play for 3 hours in any given day. Sometimes I need help managing myself
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #749
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Assassins Creed brotherhood is pretty awesome.If you like either of the first two games, pick this one up, much improved combat system
Old 11-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #750
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I just tried playing assassins creed the first one. My god this game is stupid and annoying. I hear the second one is better but I want to hear the story behind the first one.

Beat dead rising 2, darksiders and CoD Black Ops. What is the deal lately with games that annoy the piss out of you intentionally? I just want a good story line that moves you through the game, not to be confused/messed with for 15 hours of gameplay.

Black Ops - 5 hours of campaign play.....disappointed, liked MW2 much better. Stupid flashy strobe is headache heaven.
Darksiders - 16 hours of nonstop puzzles and annoyance. The last 2 bosses were give mes.
Dead Rising 2 - 14 hours of way too many zombies that spawn out of nowhere. Piss poor AI and time limits (the most annoying conceivable thing possible to put in a game)

I find most games are easily beatable and offer VERY little playing time. 5-15 hours is unacceptable.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #751
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Been playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the Wii virtual console. Excellent game!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #752
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Been playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the Wii virtual console. Excellent game!
Indeed, Rondo was one of the best of the early CVs. They made a remake of it two years ago that was pretty good.

I'm on vacation, been playing some Team Fortress 2 on my laptop
Old 11-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #753
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

GT5 is out today I don't know if I can put down BlackOps.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #754
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
GT5 is out today I don't know if I can put down BlackOps.
Might wait a day or two before picking up anything new. Some good black friday deals right around the corner.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #755
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Just beat Kane & Lynch 2, not sure why...AWFUL game. Literally a 3 hour play time campaign "story". Not sure what the story was but it was really bad.

Oh I know why I played it....internet went out.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #756
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Just beat Kane & Lynch 2, not sure why...AWFUL game. Literally a 3 hour play time campaign "story". Not sure what the story was but it was really bad.

Oh I know why I played it....internet went out.
What would possess you to buy one of the worst games of the year? You should read some reviews before picking your games, you complain alot most of them sucking

Today, i'm working off Tday dinner and maybe will play some Minecraft when people clear out
Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #757
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
What would possess you to buy one of the worst games of the year? You should read some reviews before picking your games, you complain alot most of them sucking

Today, i'm working off Tday dinner and maybe will play some Minecraft when people clear out
See there's where you are mistaken. Who said I bought it? All of the games I review/crap on I didn't buy. I usually do read reviews but I'm a sucker for shooter games and usually give them a break....in this case I could not. It was beyond horrible. I don't know if you needed to play the first one to understand a bit of the story but I really don't think there was one.

Basically I've played too many games. There aren't many good ones left.

The only game I've bought within the past .....2 years is Starcraft II.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #758
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Basically I've played too many games. There aren't many good ones left.
That's crazy, this has been an unbelievable year for gamers. There has been an over abundance of good games in fact. But considering how many good titles you've labeled as crap you probably wouldn't like any of them.

Quote:
only game I've bought within the past .....2 years is Starcraft II.
Thats sad.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #759
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
That's crazy, this has been an unbelievable year for gamers. There has been an over abundance of good games in fact. But considering how many good titles you've labeled as crap you probably wouldn't like any of them.

Thats sad.
I only play PC if that makes a difference. I'm no good with those controllers.

I also don't play online if that makes a difference. Far to addicting.

Single player games with good story lines are what I'm enjoying now a days.

Just beat force unleashed 2 ...meh

Mass Effect 2 was probably the only game worth buying to me besides Starcraft 2. I did throughly enjoy beating that twice.

It is also noted that I've been unemployed for 4.5-5 months this year. So buying games I'll just beat and quit isn't really an option, well unless I want to stop buying cigars.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #760
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
I only play PC if that makes a difference. I'm no good with those controllers.

I also don't play online if that makes a difference. Far to addicting.

Single player games with good story lines are what I'm enjoying now a days.

Just beat force unleashed 2 ...meh

Mass Effect 2 was probably the only game worth buying to me besides Starcraft 2. I did throughly enjoy beating that twice.

It is also noted that I've been unemployed for 4.5-5 months this year. So buying games I'll just beat and quit isn't really an option, well unless I want to stop buying cigars.
I'm assuming since you are pc only and don't buy anything then you are pirating, which sucks if you are