Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
ahc4353

Default Life's Lemonade

I know this guy see, has hit a bit of a bump in the road............ well I won't go into that.

Maybe we can help him by answering the following: When life hands you lemons, how do you make lemonade?

Who do you talk to?

What do you do?

Where do you turn in a time of need?

When I don't want to worry my family I find myself looking here, with all of you, looking for hope and answers. Reading the thoughts and prayers, reading the bomb threads with all the kind gestures that happen here. It reminds me that there are a few good people left in this world.

Thank you all for being here.

Wishing each of you all the best life has to offer.

Last edited by ahc4353; 11-06-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lemonade

I made a good friend I made from my former job. We get together about once a month for lunch and talk about the good and not so good things going on in our lives.

MCS
MajorCaptSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Re: Life's Lemonade

My opinions in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
I know this guy see, has hit a bit of a bump in the road............ well I won't go into that.

Maybe we can help him by answering the following: When life hands you lemons, how do you make lemonade?

Who do you talk to?

depends on the problem. If a legal problem, I talk to friends that know the legal system (ie: police officers, lawyers, etc). If its a medical issue, I talk to doctor friends or those in the medical field, etc.
If its just something I need to talk about and vent, I have many avenues I can take, including letting friends here know.

What do you do?

That is also a "depends" question. First thing I do is get as much information as possible from people I trust. I dont mean folks who "think" they know, but rather from folks who actually do know. Then make a decision.

Family & friends

When I don't want to worry my family I find myself looking here, with all of you, looking for hope and answers. Reading the thoughts and prayers, reading the bomb threads with all the kind gestures that happen here. It reminds me that there are a few good people left in this world.

Thank you all for being here.

Wishing each of you all the best life has to offer.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lemonade

I just bomb Bao a windmill, that makes life funny as chit again

on a serious note, I have many friends, both offline and online who I can talk to in times of need.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
mrreindeer

Default Re: Life's Lemonade

Hi Al - Even though you & I have had our disagreements in the past, I wish you well and hope the difficult time is over swiftly. Difficult times, well, just suck and nobody needs to have to deal with crap so I feel for 'ya.

Being a very stubborn and obsessive person myself, I do try to look on the bright side if I can, but I know it's tough. I have a really hard time reminding myself that 'this too shall pass'.

But you know what? It will. The absolutely incredible thing about life is that everything has an amazing way of just working itself out. So I try to repeat that to myself, like a mantra.

I had a difficult spell a little over a year ago. Very difficult. It wasn't my health which is a little tougher to deal with but you know, looking back now, it got better. Whattaya know!

So, just try to relax, BREATHE (simple but very effective) and remind yourself that you'll get through it; it WILL work out. You always have gotten through these tough times in the past, this time is no different. Right?

And if this is actually the most difficult thing you've faced in your life, well, look to others as examples of getting through a similar difficulty. If it's a health issue, do a little research and see how someone else 'got through it'.

Everything is attitudinal. So if you have the right attitude and know that everything will work out, well, it will.

And don't be afraid to talk with your family. That's what they're there for. My Dad kept his prostate cancer diagnosis from me until the treatment took care of it. Fortunately, they caught it soon enough and he's fine. But I was mad that he didn't feel he could share this with me. It's awful going at it alone and I felt useless. I wanted to be there for him to help him through what I'm sure was very difficult on his own.

Anyway, I really hope that helps and that whatever it is is only temporary. Best of luck Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Who do you talk to?

What do you do?

It reminds me that there are a few good people left in this world.