Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Frigidaire

Okay, had a thread a couple weeks ago about my old vinotemp crapping out and how much it would cost to fix it. I have talked to Shilala about trying to buy his that he has for sale. It's a Frigidaire compressor fridge that he put some fans in and it works like a champ. The problem is the thousand miles between us and the shipping cost to get it here would be pretty steep.

I have a couple questions that Shilala or some of you can probably answer. I found exactly the same one that he used and it's supposed to only be less than a year old. The guy had it on craigslist for $125 or BO and I offered him $100 bucks and he agreed. Going to pick it up tomorrow hopefully. I already know that I have a pound and a half of HCM beads in the vino so I'm gonna get another pound since the Frigidaire is a little bigger than the vino.

I have four shelves for the vino. Two of them was built by Chasden and they are finished real nice and two of them I bought from Andrew and they are just regular cedar. I like them and was wondering if some of you that is smarter than me (Most) think that I could adapt them to fit the Frigidaire? I am hoping I can add a thin piece of board or something to make it work.

Here are the dimensions of the Frigidaire:
Depth (Excluding Handles) (Inches) 19.75
Depth (Less Door) (Inches) 19.75
Height to Top of Case (Inches) 34
Height to Top of Door Hinge (Inches) 34
Width (Inches) 19.5

and the vino:
•Dimensions: 18 1/4"W x 20 7/8"D x 29 1/4"H
this is without the door too.

It looks like the depth difference may be the real problem. I will have to measure the shelves I have and see how deep they are.
What say you?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote